Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Emblem Event Rankings

I don't even want an emblem cause I find them annoying and the title is so meh not to mention temporary.

It just doesn't make sense that any one guild would be unfairly favored by a flawed system before and if it WAS it'd make sense for the GMs to say so. That said it should have at LEAST been shown what the scores were before and after the conversion instead of just been blanketly implemented and changed without a word.

I even think some people are QQing too much even if I see where they're coming from. But it seems crazy to go from 1st place by a comfortable margin to not even showing in the rankings. It's like if you were running a race of such a distance and your distance so far was measured in miles then they suddenly changed to kilometers and the rankings were all changed. By them self either ranking system should be fine but when you convert one to the other and things drastically change it's a big wtf moment.

This said imo what SHOULD have happened is they should have announced the flaw, had the previous updated standings then shown the new changed standings after the maintenance instead of randomly changing them mid-day without any notice or explanation.

lolz every1 just stop all the QQin.. if u want the lead i got 1 hint for ya WORK HARDER.. the 3 guilds on leader board are there cause they are working hard and getting shyt done. so if you stop wasting time QQin on the forums and to the GM's maybe you will get on top 3 board.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrick123 View Post
    lolz every1 just stop all the QQin.. if u want the lead i got 1 hint for ya WORK HARDER.. the 3 guilds on leader board are there cause they are working hard and getting shyt done. so if you stop wasting time QQin on the forums and to the GM's maybe you will get on top 3 board.
    The point of the thread isn't that the leader boards are changed now. That's fine as it stands and they've been going up as normal. The fact of the matter is if you take x, y and z and multiply them by whatever say 10, you end up with 10x, 10y, 10z. The base should be the same, modifying how the dp is counted shouldn't have changed the order of the scores etc, but it did in multiple cases. If we had a clear showing from each day of the previous scores I'd try to show what I mean but it doesn't make sense for all the guilds to have say multiplied in score by 10 but then for certain ones to have changed significantly beyond that by a LARGE margin. I mean even now guilds are getting maybe 1k points at most a day. Compare that to the lower growth before and account for the multiplication when the way it was measured changed and some guilds, such as perfection effectively "loss" what should be equal to thousands of dp with no clear reason or explanation.

The problem here isn't one (at least in my case) of complaining over win/lose etc it's over understanding of how/why. What's the point of competing in an event when you're miles ahead of the competition and all of a sudden they change the route so you're in the back all of a sudden?

omg work harder i dont even try. i just want ap pots miss 175.

jesicasorrow

Lute lol i rember you hi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lute View Post
    The point of the thread isn't that the leader boards are changed now. That's fine as it stands and they've been going up as normal. The fact of the matter is if you take x, y and z and multiply them by whatever say 10, you end up with 10x, 10y, 10z. The base should be the same, modifying how the dp is counted shouldn't have changed the order of the scores etc, but it did in multiple cases. If we had a clear showing from each day of the previous scores I'd try to show what I mean but it doesn't make sense for all the guilds to have say multiplied in score by 10 but then for certain ones to have changed significantly beyond that by a LARGE margin. I mean even now guilds are getting maybe 1k points at most a day. Compare that to the lower growth before and account for the multiplication when the way it was measured changed and some guilds, such as perfection effectively "loss" what should be equal to thousands of dp with no clear reason or explanation.

The problem here isn't one (at least in my case) of complaining over win/lose etc it's over understanding of how/why. What's the point of competing in an event when you're miles ahead of the competition and all of a sudden they change the route so you're in the back all of a sudden?
    All of you guys are saying you are not complaining, but you really are just complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    You are going by the assumption that DP was being counted correctly before, and it was just divided. And then later they just multiplied it so it wasn't divided anymore.

When GM Snow says that the error was corrected, that doesn't mean the scores weren't a 1:1 ratio for everybody, and then everyone was multiplied equally. It means some guilds were being counted by a 1:1 and some guilds were being counted less, so it wasn't equal before and it is equal now.

I posted this earlier, which might explain it a little more clearly:
    As in,

Before: Perfection had a lead because their DP was being counted more than other guilds

Now: The DP count has been fixed so the real top guilds are being shown
    And from what I can see, a lot of you (looking at you cocopuffy) have the attitude "we run so many dungeons its impossible for us to not be in 1st place, no other guild runs that many MO's and FT2's." I'd say that if you were so confident in the amount of dungeons you run, then it should be no problem to catch up with the 17 days remaining.

How about work harder and actually prove you run a lot of dungeons, by running dungeons instead of complaining and giving up when the event isn't even half over. In any type of competition I'd call that bad sportsmanship.

The only person on this thread who has any type of point is Beserk Fury, who says that it's a slap in the face to let you believe you're in 1st for a few days, and then tell you you're not (i'll admit that would make me feel a bit sad). But even if the leaderboard says you were in 1st, in terms of DP count, you were never 1st anyways; it was just an error.

And if you were just gonna slow down and pace yourself because you thought you had a lead, that just shows complacency, and underestimating other guilds in terms of what dungeons they do. "Oh we do 10 MO's a day no guild can do that" and then you slow down and stop doing 10 MO's a day, while you aren't taking into account guilds that do 20+ MO's a day. A guild who worked hard could be in 4th place and jump to 1st place over a couple weeks (*HINT HINT* maybe thats what perfection should try to do).
    Last edited by Cathy; 10-07-2012 at 07:39 AM.

All of you guys are saying you are not complaining, but you really are just complaining.

And from what I can see, a lot of you (looking at you cocopuffy) have the attitude "we run so many dungeons its impossible for us to not be in 1st place, no other guild runs that many MO's and FT2's." I'd say that if you were so confident in the amount of dungeons you run, then it should be no problem to catch up with the 17 days remaining.

How about work harder and actually prove you run a lot of dungeons, by running dungeons instead of complaining and giving up when the event isn't even half over. In any type of competition I'd call that bad sportsmanship.

The only person on this thread who has any type of point is Beserk Fury, who says that it's a slap in the face to let you believe you're in 1st for a few days, and then tell you you're not (i'll admit that would make me feel a bit sad). But even if the leaderboard says you were in 1st, in terms of DP count, you were never 1st anyways; it was just an error.

And if you were just gonna slow down and pace yourself because you thought you had a lead, that just shows complacency, and underestimating other guilds in terms of what dungeons they do. "Oh we do 10 MO's a day no guild can do that" and then you slow down and stop doing 10 MO's a day, while you aren't taking into account guilds that do 20+ MO's a day. A guild who worked hard could be in 4th place and jump to 1st place over a couple weeks (*HINT HINT* maybe thats what perfection should try to do).
    Until a GM say's that perfection was in first due to them mistakenly being given more dp than possible that's a wildly far-fetched assumption. One guild out of all the guilds on the game is just randomly counted more than others? That makes absolutely no sense.

I just want to understand how the conversion worked when they changed it and why it seemed to affect different guilds differently when logically it shouldn't.

As I said the "reward" is relatively meaningless and I could honestly care less, I'm just not a fan of when things get done/changed and there isn't an explanation for how/what was done.

One thing I can't understand is why you keep commenting on how EST is running this event, when in reality you're just as clueless as everyone else. Just like before they "fixed" the DP calculation you kept people that everything is being done right and that there's a ratio used in the calculation. Well guess what, turns out you were dead wrong and their system was glitched. So what makes you think that you're any more right now than you were before?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lute View Post
    Until a GM say's that perfection was in first due to them mistakenly being given more dp than possible that's a wildly far-fetched assumption. One guild out of all the guilds on the game is just randomly counted more than others? That makes absolutely no sense.

I just want to understand how the conversion worked when they changed it and why it seemed to affect different guilds differently when logically it shouldn't.

As I said the "reward" is relatively meaningless and I could honestly care less, I'm just not a fan of when things get done/changed and there isn't an explanation for how/what was done.
    I'd say its not an assumption considering GM's have confirmed the current top 3 is correct.

And the correction HAS to have affected guilds differently, because if it affected everyone the same, it wouldn't be an error to begin with. Do you understand what an "error" is?

I bet you guys aren't even trying to collect DP anymore, which just proves me right further.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast