Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with gear please?

I was asking about a set that I wouldnt loose much defence in while going for 7% amp, not saying that I was looking to loose no defence at all. I am trying to compromise by finding a set that has decent enough defence to get me through most things, while improving my attacks as much as I can. Trying to loose as little defence as possible to gain attack. Is it so hard to ask for what gear would be best for that? I am asking for a specific gear set, with specified stats/price. Wether people say defence is over rated or not, I see it best to retain as much defence as possible while increasing my attack. I already know that one way of improving my attack is to upgrade my weapons, I am using a Forcium +8 Katana and Topaz +6 Orb, if I upgrade to a Forcium +7/9 Orb, it'd give an attack boost, but id loose crit dmg... +7 Orb would increase my attack by 23, +9 by 33

Looking for an increase in attack without loosing to much of my defence, down to 800 minimum... with an Osmium +9 Battleset, itd put me at 774-779 defence, Id need to use my EoG/Shield Merc to get back up to 800 defence, as each both give 15 def EoG+5/Lv 2 Merc
    Last edited by SpellBlade; 10-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellBlade View Post
    I was asking about a set that I wouldnt loose much defence in while going for 7% amp, not saying that I was looking to loose no defence at all. I am trying to compromise by finding a set that has decent enough defence to get me through most things, while improving my attacks as much as I can. Trying to loose as little defence as possible to gain attack. Is it so hard to ask for what gear would be best for that? I am asking for a specific gear set, with specified stats/price. Wether people say defence is over rated or not, I see it best to retain as much defence as possible while increasing my attack. I already know that one way of improving my attack is to upgrade my weapons, I am using a Forcium +8 Katana and Topaz +6 Orb, if I upgrade to a Forcium +7/9 Orb, it'd give an attack boost, but id loose crit dmg... +7 Orb would increase my attack by 23, +9 by 33

Looking for an increase in attack without loosing to much of my defence, down to 800 minimum... with an Osmium +9 Battleset, itd put me at 774-779 defence, Id need to use my EoG/Shield Merc to get back up to 800 defence, as each both give 15 def EoG+5/Lv 2 Merc
    That question has been answered multiple times already, +15 osm/tg/sig set is what would give you 7 amp and as little def loss as possible. But it's obvious that you can't afford those sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Ditto

You're gonna need to eventually learn which stats are most important, and use net stat gain to cost ratio to decide whats best for you to upgrade to; whether you want to learn the easy way or the hard way is up to you.
    Im asking about it in the first place because I have no interest in wasting 300-500m on downgrading gear to get 7% amp to loose a ton of defence and die that much faster if the 7% amp per piece isnt fully worth it. I've mostly been using 3% amp, so I do not know how much of a difference 12% amp is really going to make on bosses in ic1, ft1, b2f, lost island.. etc. Having all the attack/amp in the world is not going to help if I havent got the defence to survive more than a few hits at a time.

Banned
    Im asking about it in the first place because I have no interest in wasting 300-500m on downgrading gear to get 7% amp to loose a ton of defence and die that much faster if the 7% amp per piece isnt fully worth it. I've mostly been using 3% amp, so I do not know how much of a difference 12% amp is really going to make on bosses in ic1, ft1, b2f, lost island.. etc. Having all the attack/amp in the world is not going to help if I havent got the defence to survive more than a few hits at a time.
    As long as you retain that train of thought, you will not improve.

Do what you think is best,

but don't ask experienced players for advice, because they will tell you the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    That question has been answered multiple times already, +15 osm/tg/sig set is what would give you 7 amp and as little def loss as possible. But it's obvious that you can't afford those sets.
    Hasnt been answered at all until now, everyone has said vamp, no specific sets were mentioned until your post aside from a +9 Osm. The Alz can be farmed in time for any of the sets, its a matter of finding them +15, a +15 sig set is available, but as you said, would cost roughly 10b if not more. And entriesyou are right, right now I cannot afford them, I only have 30m... but I have several SOD entries I need to run to farm.... I was only asking for what set would be best to "upgrade to" when I have the alz, thatd allow me to keep the highest defence possible, for the cheapest price (faster to get)

As long as you retain that train of thought, you will not improve.

Do what you think is best,

but don't ask experienced players for advice, because they will tell you the opposite.
    So far I have yet to see any decent suggestions aside from people saying vamp... which would not increase my attack nor defence, only increase my survivability during a fight. The only thing you have said this entire time regarding my question which I asked was saying Osmium +9 - which would put me at the minimum defences for a slight increase in attack. So unelss you can tell me EXACTLY how helpful a 12% Amp increase is, I would see Osmium +9 as a waste of time/alz to get. I only asked for specific sets of gear.

Experienced player or not, if you cannot answer my main question, I see no reason as to why you are really posting, thus you are not helping, but hindering. I don't have a doubt you're experienced, but I asked a certain question, and it was not answered until just recently.

I put downgrading, because it IS a downgrade, it's a downgrade of everything but amp. When I switch from my EoG+5 to EoF+7 its a 3% increase to my Amp, yet I see virtually no difference in my attacks. So is adding 12% Amp really going to help at the heavy cost it takes from everything else?

If adding 12% Amp is really that helpful, I'd consider selling my Forcium +7 for an Osmium +9 once I got the Alz for it
    Last edited by SpellBlade; 10-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.

So far I have yet to see any decent suggestions aside from people saying vamp... which would not increase my attack nor defence, only increase my survivability during a fight. The only thing you have said this entire time regarding my question which I asked was saying Osmium +9 - which would put me at the minimum defences for a slight increase in attack. So unelss you can tell me EXACTLY how helpful a 12% Amp increase is, I would see Osmium +9 as a waste of time/alz to get. I only asked for specific sets of gear.

Experienced player or not, if you cannot answer my main question, I see no reason as to why you are really posting, thus you are not helping, but hindering. I don't have a doubt you're experienced, but I asked a certain question, and it was not answered until just recently.

I put downgrading, because it IS a downgrade, it's a downgrade of everything but amp. When I switch from my EoG+5 to EoF+7 its a 3% increase to my Amp, yet I see virtually no difference in my attacks. So is adding 12% Amp really going to help at the heavy cost it takes from everything else?

If adding 12% Amp is really that helpful, I'd consider selling my Forcium +7 for an Osmium +9 once I got the Alz for it
    People gave you good advice and you didn't take it. If I was to ask "Which dungeon is best for a level 180 to solo to make alz, lid or rs?", people would tell me that neither of them is good for my level and that I should be doing other dungeons if I want to make alz. They wouldn't answer my question, but the advice they would give me would be even better than what I was asking for because my question was inappropriate in the first place. It's the exact same thing here.

Did people answer your question? No. Because it was a dumb question. As Cathy stated you are totally overrating defense. As a wizard I had low def for a very long time, yet I managed to complete every dungeon with under 750def, including ft2(MO didn't exist back then) while getting aggro. People have been telling you that running past mobs has nothing to do with def and you just completely ignore them. Learn when to dash/fade, you don't have to use it as soon as it cooled down. Learn when to stop and use the VAMP everyone is telling you to work on on mobs when your hp is getting lower. Learn when to use your hp pots, don't use them when you only miss 300hp. Learn to stop in safe spots and heal when your hp is low. Learn to run behind the more tanky party members so mobs don't hit you.

Again stop thinking that defense is everything, Cathy was running ft2 on an un-geared FB when it was 140 and she wasn't dying by mobs. I don't see why you complain about ic1 mobs when your stats are even better than hers were and yet she was able to run higher level dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    People gave you good advice and you didn't take it. If I was to ask "Which dungeon is best for a level 180 to solo to make alz, lid or rs?", people would tell me that neither of them is good for my level and that I should be doing other dungeons if I want to make alz. They wouldn't answer my question, but the advice they would give me would be even better than what I was asking for because my question was inappropriate in the first place. It's the exact same thing here.

Did people answer your question? No. Because it was a dumb question. As Cathy stated you are totally overrating defense. As a wizard I had low def for a very long time, yet I managed to complete every dungeon with under 750def, including ft2(MO didn't exist back then) while getting aggro. People have been telling you that running past mobs has nothing to do with def and you just completely ignore them. Learn when to dash/fade, you don't have to use it as soon as it cooled down. Learn when to stop and use the VAMP everyone is telling you to work on on mobs when your hp is getting lower. Learn when to use your hp pots, don't use them when you only miss 300hp. Learn to stop in safe spots and heal when your hp is low. Learn to run behind the more tanky party members so mobs don't hit you.

Again stop thinking that defense is everything, Cathy was running ft2 on an un-geared FB when it was 140 and she wasn't dying by mobs. I don't see why you complain about ic1 mobs when your stats are even better than hers were and yet she was able to run higher level dungeons.
    If I wanted general advice, I would have stated that I was after general advice. I was asking a gear specific question for a reason. Not only am I trying to keep my defences high while trying to work on my damage output for doing dungeons easier, but also for pvp. I haven't the space nor the money to invest in two seperate sets, 1 for attack/vamp for pve, the other for defence for pvp. I do not pvp often, so it would be a waste of time, space and alz, so would like a set where I can do good in dungeons, and do fairly decent in pvp when I feel like killing someone.

I was not wanting any trouble when I posted this thread, I was asking a straight up question about a gear set thatd allow me to increase my attacks while keeping my defences decent. If such a question is so hard to answer, perhaps people shouldnt even post a reply unless they can answer it. People who generally ask a straight question want a straight answer. Not for someone to give them answers that are not even close to the question which was asked.

Banned

You are thinking oh you need to save up 10bil to buy a full set. What you should be doing is spending little bits of alz at a time, buying pieces that are 100-200m each, and slowly upgrading. As long as you're not buying character binding items, you won't be losing alz. Nobody is gonna go straight from 3 amp forci to 7 amp forci or sig+15. People start at the bottom and go their way through stit+9, osm+11, tg+11, etc etc until they get to sig+15.

If you're worrying about downgrading, then you shouldn't have gone straight to 3 amp forci which is useless. You call losing defense a heavy cost; it's not. I call losing 12 amp a heavy cost. Attack & Crit rate > CD & Amp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HP >>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post

ily bre

If I wanted general advice, I would have stated that I was after general advice. I was asking a gear specific question for a reason. Not only am I trying to keep my defences high while trying to work on my damage output for doing dungeons easier, but also for pvp. I haven't the space nor the money to invest in two seperate sets, 1 for attack/vamp for pve, the other for defence for pvp. I do not pvp often, so it would be a waste of time, space and alz, so would like a set where I can do good in dungeons, and do fairly decent in pvp when I feel like killing someone.

I was not wanting any trouble when I posted this thread, I was asking a straight up question about a gear set thatd allow me to increase my attacks while keeping my defences decent. If such a question is so hard to answer, perhaps people shouldnt even post a reply unless they can answer it. People who generally ask a straight question want a straight answer. Not for someone to give them answers that are not even close to the question which was asked.
    We understand your question and the fact that you want to keep your defense high, but we are telling you that it is not the right way to do things. We are giving you advice that is actually better than what you are asking for and you seem to be stuck to the idea of keeping high def.

If you went to the stock exchange to invest in a particular company and that somebody experimented told you that you would be better to invest in another company, would you refuse only because it is not the company you had in mind at first?

ily bre
    ^_^
    Last edited by Deathlymonkey; 10-13-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast