Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help with gear please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    You are thinking oh you need to save up 10bil to buy a full set. What you should be doing is spending little bits of alz at a time, buying pieces that are 100-200m each, and slowly upgrading. As long as you're not buying character binding items, you won't be losing alz. Nobody is gonna go straight from 3 amp forci to 7 amp forci or sig+15. People start at the bottom and go their way through stit+9, osm+11, tg+11, etc etc until they get to sig+15.

If you're worrying about downgrading, then you shouldn't have gone straight to 3 amp forci which is useless. You call losing defense a heavy cost; it's not. I call losing 12 amp a heavy cost. Attack & Crit rate > CD & Amp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HP >>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

ily bre
    Not thinking to save up to buy a full set, I was only asking which would be best that way I could get it little at a time. When I stated the price, I gave the total price of the gear right now. And I got a Forcium set for the defence in the first place. I upgraded from crap Osmi 3% to the Forci 3% +7 a guildy was selling... had someone simply stated a set of gear that would be better to increase my attack with keeping high defence from the start, as I had asked, could have avoided all of this trouble. You stated Osmi +9, the very set I said not to put in my first post. Since you stated it, you should have gone and said WHY you stated it. Giving a reason why you put a 12% amp increase over a 130 def increase, for what I have seen, a def increase of that amount DOES help. I take far less damage with the Forcium +7 at 900 Def, than I did when I had only 750-800 def. Bosses that use to hit me for 1200-1400 per hit only hit me for 600-800 per hit, some hit for 1000 but those are also the final bosses. I can survive several 600-800 hits better than I can survive 3 1200-1400 hits.. which is why I specifically asked for a set thatd increase attack and keep my defence high. Yes vamp gear helps to heal back some of the lost health, but no amount of vamp gear would heal back so much at once. I am using the highest + Vamp earrings/amulet I can wear/afford, that alone should be enough. A simple defence increase of +30 defence DOES help when running past mobs in IC1/B2F..

Instead of critizing me saying that I overrate defence, show me how 12% amp is worth 120-125 Def, 120-170 Def Rate, 200 Hp... show me how much of an increase it would give me to make up for the lost defence. Because I know for a fact that the defence, defence rate and health points that I have from my Forcium do help. Dungeons I couldnt even come close to surviving before, I am able to now. In Osmium +7/8 gears I barely was able to survive in SoD. Ever since I got Forcium, Its smooth sailing, especially with bm3, I dont have to use ANY health pots, where if I decreased my defence, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    We understand your question and the fact that you want to keep your defense high, but we are telling you that it is not the right way to do things. We are giving you advice that is actually better than what you are asking for and you seem to be stuck to the idea of keeping high def.

If you went to the stock exchange to invest in a particular company and that somebody experimented told you that you would be better to invest in another company, would you refuse only because it is not the company you had in mind at first?
    Im stuck on the idea of keeping high defence because I know that the defence actually helps, I have seen it first hand. Where I have not seen a major increase in damage from a minor increase in Amp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellBlade View Post
    Not thinking to save up to buy a full set, I was only asking which would be best that way I could get it little at a time. When I stated the price, I gave the total price of the gear right now. And I got a Forcium set for the defence in the first place. I upgraded from crap Osmi 3% to the Forci 3% +7 a guildy was selling... had someone simply stated a set of gear that would be better to increase my attack with keeping high defence from the start, as I had asked, could have avoided all of this trouble. You stated Osmi +9, the very set I said not to put in my first post. Since you stated it, you should have gone and said WHY you stated it. Giving a reason why you put a 12% amp increase over a 130 def increase, for what I have seen, a def increase of that amount DOES help. I take far less damage with the Forcium +7 at 900 Def, than I did when I had only 750-800 def. Bosses that use to hit me for 1200-1400 per hit only hit me for 600-800 per hit, some hit for 1000 but those are also the final bosses. I can survive several 600-800 hits better than I can survive 3 1200-1400 hits.. which is why I specifically asked for a set thatd increase attack and keep my defence high. Yes vamp gear helps to heal back some of the lost health, but no amount of vamp gear would heal back so much at once. I am using the highest + Vamp earrings/amulet I can wear/afford, that alone should be enough. A simple defence increase of +30 defence DOES help when running past mobs in IC1/B2F..

Instead of critizing me saying that I overrate defence, show me how 12% amp is worth 120-125 Def, 120-170 Def Rate, 200 Hp... show me how much of an increase it would give me to make up for the lost defence. Because I know for a fact that the defence, defence rate and health points that I have from my Forcium do help. Dungeons I couldnt even come close to surviving before, I am able to now. In Osmium +7/8 gears I barely was able to survive in SoD. Ever since I got Forcium, Its smooth sailing, especially with bm3, I dont have to use ANY health pots, where if I decreased my defence, I would.
    Defense and Vamp work quite simply.
    ____

Lets say you have 800 defense, and a mob hits you for 1000

you gain 200 defense, and then a mob hits you for 200 less; you will have 1000 defense and a mob will hit you for 800.
    ____

Lets mention vamp:

How often do mobs/bosses hit? On average, once every 4-5 seconds.

You have 100 max hp steal per hit. In bm3, you hit once every second. Over 5 seconds, you steal back 500 hp.

If you have 150 max hp steal per hit, over 5 seconds, you steal back 750 hp. So 50 max steal per hit helps about as much as 250 defense does. Combine it with hp pots and you'll be recovering 2200 hp every 10 seconds.

If you want to survive, it's quite easy to do on a very low budget, while putting out massive dps. Then again, you could be just like every other new player who doesn't know how to prioritize stats, and do half as much damage as everyone else while surviving hardly as well.

I did this a year ago with 750~ish defense and about 144 max hp steal per hit. Boss is hitting me way over 1k, but you can see my hp fill back up as quickly as its lost.

Notice in the video, you can see my leth ring. I ran through ft2's normal mobs AND bosses just fine with my horrible defense. Bosses are the ONLY thing you need to worry about tanking. Because a boss hitting you is unavoidable. Mobs hitting you is something you can avoid simply by using fade and dash CORRECTLY.

I also run ft2 and mo on my lower level FB, just as much as I do on my FA
    Last edited by Cathy; 10-13-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Banned
    And what I am saying, is that I already am at the max on the vamp gear I can get, I have 2% on my gloves, and Vamp Amulet/Earrings, sure I can get Vamp Rings, but I would be replacing my RoF+9 and RoL+1, taking away my attack. Same if I replaced my bracelets with vamp. And I am not talking about fighting Cheese, I am talking simply abour running/dashing past. While Fighting, unless taking a direct hit from a boss/soloing, I rarely have trouble, it is while moving past the mobs where I have the most trouble, thus the Forcium for def. As a FB, there is only 1 skill to stun, so its hard to generate a 90-100% stun lock, as mobs will always hit atleast 1-2 times before I am able to stun again.

Can you tell the aproximate stats on Teragrace +15, and aproximate price?
    I luv having crit damage rings on while i'm pve but my priority isn't to ditch out damage, my priority is to stay alive and still be able to complete the dungeon in a decent amount of time. I think you need a few more levels to be able to run by these monsters a bit more easily.

What Cathy said was a really good point. You have to know which spots you can stop at to recover your HP. If you go to youtube and watch some guides, most show safe spots or places people stand and attack to take the least amount of punishment. Try doing that and if you still can't live like that then you need to level.

Defense and Vamp work quite simply.
    ____

Lets say you have 800 defense, and a mob hits you for 1000

you gain 200 defense, and then a mob hits you for 200 less; you will have 1000 defense and a mob will hit you for 800.
    ____

Lets mention vamp:

How often do mobs/bosses hit? On average, once every 4-5 seconds. Combine with HP Pots, and you will

You have 100 max hp steal per hit. In bm3, you hit once every second. Over 5 seconds, you steal back 500 hp.

If you have 150 max hp steal per hit, over 5 seconds, you steal back 750 hp. So 50 max steal per hit helps about as much as 250 defense does.

If you want to survive, it's quite easy to do on a very low budget, while putting out massive dps. Then again, you could be just like every other new player who doesn't know how to prioritize stats, and do half as much damage as everyone else while surviving hardly as well.

I did this a year ago with 750~ish defense and about 144 max hp steal per hit. Boss is hitting me way over 1k, but you can see my hp fill back up as quickly as its lost.

Notice in the video, you can see my leth ring. I ran through ft2's normal mobs AND bosses just fine with my horrible defense. Bosses are the ONLY thing you need to worry about tanking. Because a boss hitting you is unavoidable. Mobs hitting you is something you can avoid simply by using fade and dash CORRECTLY.

I also run ft2 and mo on my lower level FB, just as much as I do on my FA
    You say that its 1 def = 1 dmg off from what the mob hits? Also, which server do you play on?

Banned
    You say that its 1 def = 1 dmg off from what the mob hits? Also, which server do you play on?
    1. Yes

2. Mercury

1. Yes

2. Mercury
    If you are online on the game right now, would you mind sending me a whisper? My characters name is Keravel.

Hell, go back a couple years, having 800 def on FB was good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Hell, go back a couple years, having 800 def on FB was good.
    I got 800 def on my FB today :3

my fb has 800 def too lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234