Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with gear please?

Help with gear please?

I'm a lvl 140 FB, HR 6 BM3 Lv1 and looking for suggestions on gear to upgrade to later when I get the alz for it, any suggestions that would provide optimal damage, and adequate defences would be greatly appreciated.

Current Gear:

Osmium Headgear of Annihilation +5 (26% cdi)
    Forcium Suit of Amp. +7 (3% amp, 50 HP)
    Forcium Gloves of Amp +7 (3% amp, 2% HP steal)
    Forcium Boots of Amp +7 (3% amp, 50 HP)
    Forcium Katana +8 (20% cdi)
    Topaz Orb of Deathblow (26% cdi)
    Bracelet of Fighter +2 (x2)
    Vampiric Earring +2 (x2)
    Ring of Luck +1 (x2)
    Ring of Fighter +9 (x2)
    Belt of Vital +2
    Amulet of Pain +4
    Epaulet of Fighter+6/Epaulet of Guard +5 (Looks xD)

I know that I need 7% amp gears for more damage, but am using the Forcium because it provides me the best defence right now which is needed for runs such as IC1, FT1, B2F and later, Lost Island.

Base Stats: > Buffed Stats:

Attack: 785 > 834
    Magic Attack: 563 > 563
    Defence: 880 > 894
    Attack Rate: 2793 > 3413
    Defence Rate: 2221 > 2501
    Critical Rate: 25% > 40%
    Critical Damage: 107% > 117%
    Sword Skill Amp: 20% > 20%

I don't yet have my Lv 140 BSLV quest finished, so cannot stack my Ice/Lightning Blade yet, when I finish my quest, Itll give me an additional +39 Attack +5% Crit Dmg, +10% Crit Rate, putting me at... 873 Attack, 50% Crit Rate, 122% Crit Damage. Is there anyway I could change out my gear, without loosing a ton of defence (switching to Osmi 7%)? Currently, I haven't got any alz to spend, but I do not think it'll be overly to hard to gain cash once I start farming dungeons again, or farming stains to sell. If you could provide cheap gear samples, with aproximate price range, it'd be appreciated.
    Last edited by SpellBlade; 10-08-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Banned
    Bracelet of Fighter +3 (+3 Amp in Slot)

Osm Helm 36 cd

Merg/Killian

Banned
    Cathy is so helpful on the forums . It's to bad these forums doesnt have a reputation system for people who take the time to help. They should implement a system where you can. That way people are more willing to do so cause this community really needs it.

NJ CATHY!

get more vamp 3% and 100+ max and you can lose the forci. get rank 10 for +6 bof base attack needs to be 960+. if you keep thinking forci your gona be weak later trust me i rocked the 3% forci forever. get your merg took me 86 runs to get it its well worth it. anywho any questions you can pm me anytime. im not the best geared but i know what ya need =P

jessicasorrow

o fyi you have more def than me and im 175 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tsihpoca View Post
    get more vamp 3% and 100+ max and you can lose the forci. get rank 10 for +6 bof base attack needs to be 960+. if you keep thinking forci your gona be weak later trust me i rocked the 3% forci forever. get your merg took me 86 runs to get it its well worth it. anywho any questions you can pm me anytime. im not the best geared but i know what ya need =P

jessicasorrow
    Have been trying to get the Merg ring, but I hate EOD to do the run so much at once without it giving any decent profit (s.tit/osmi trash gear) Id be higher on the honor rank right now, but I dont like the pvp on Cabal, and dont yet have the cash to get the quest plates to get my honor higher. Currently, Im sitting at like 900 def without eog/merc, 850 or so attack, dont know off hand. I have the Forcium only for the defence, because my guild/friends like to run IC1, FT1, B2F and such, and they just run past all of the trash mobs and go straight to the bosses - vamp gear won't help for when your not attacking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellBlade View Post
    Have been trying to get the Merg ring, but I hate EOD to do the run so much at once without it giving any decent profit (s.tit/osmi trash gear) Id be higher on the honor rank right now, but I dont like the pvp on Cabal, and dont yet have the cash to get the quest plates to get my honor higher. Currently, Im sitting at like 900 def without eog/merc, 850 or so attack, dont know off hand. I have the Forcium only for the defence, because my guild/friends like to run IC1, FT1, B2F and such, and they just run past all of the trash mobs and go straight to the bosses - vamp gear won't help for when your not attacking.
    The point is that you should only need survival when a boss is hitting you. Anybody, even with sub-par gear, should be able to run past normal mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    The point is that you should only need survival when a boss is hitting you. Anybody, even with sub-par gear, should be able to run past normal mobs.
    Not when you are the same level as the normal mobs, and not without wasting a lot of health pots to do so. You need the defence in order to survive to make it to the bosses, otherwise your liable to die. Yeah sure, you might can make it there without, but without you have to use more health pots, and are more liable to die because of it, and then either the groups stuck waiting for you to run back, or continues on and kills the boss without you. Im in Forcium with 900 Def and mobs in B2F, IC1 and Ft1 still hit me hard when I just run through, not to mention the Fogs in B2F and the traps in FT1. I can understand going with more attack/amp to kill faster, but killing faster isn't going to help any at all if you just bypass mobs. In runs, I find that I often have to have my Corrupt Force Shielder Mercenary summoned (15 def) and I often wear my Epaulet of Guard +5 (15 def) just to be able to run past the mobs. I'll switch out my EoG+5 with EoF+6 at bosses... my point is, no amount of amp/vamp/att gear will help you get to the bosses without the right amount of defence, which is why I asked what gear would be best to "Upgrade" to to help maximize my attack and keep relatively high defence. I do not know if any Forcium 7% Epic even exist at this time on Mercury, or if so, it'd likely be 5B per item... I know that there are some very nice SIGMetal, but still, 2B pet item, even if +15 is a ittle to much for me at the time being. I do not spend real cash to buy ecoins/vouchers.. so I am asking, is there any set of gear that'll allow me to increase my attack to kill faster, and keep the same or close to on defence for a relatively fair price?

I'm in Forcium +7 Suit, Boots, Gloves, Osmium 26% cdi helm, Vamp+2 Earrings (Will upgrade to+3 at HR7), BoF+2 (Upgrading at HR7) RoF+9(2) RoL+1(2), Vamp Amulet +2/Amulet of Pain+4, Belt of Vital, EoG+5/EoF+6... SIGMetal 7% is way to expensive, costing roughly 1.5b-3b per piece. Teragrace 7% Im not sure how much it costs, but more importanly, I do not know which + I would need on a Teragrace/Osmium Battle set for the defence to be relatively the same as a Forcium +7, nor how much it would cost per piece. That is what I am asking... what set of gear would be close to the same defence as Forci +7? I could sacrifice roughly 50-60 def - if it would gain me more damage... but so far out of everthing I have read, its either Forcium +7 3% and sacrifice attack, or Osmium +9 7% and sacrifice a lot of defence. Is there no inbetween? What is the Defence/Cost of a Teragrace +9/12 7% Amp 1-2 slot Suit/Boots/Gloves?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellBlade View Post
    Not when you are the same level as the normal mobs, and not without wasting a lot of health pots to do so. You need the defence in order to survive to make it to the bosses, otherwise your liable to die. Yeah sure, you might can make it there without, but without you have to use more health pots, and are more liable to die because of it, and then either the groups stuck waiting for you to run back, or continues on and kills the boss without you. Im in Forcium with 900 Def and mobs in B2F, IC1 and Ft1 still hit me hard when I just run through, not to mention the Fogs in B2F and the traps in FT1. I can understand going with more attack/amp to kill faster, but killing faster isn't going to help any at all if you just bypass mobs. In runs, I find that I often have to have my Corrupt Force Shielder Mercenary summoned (15 def) and I often wear my Epaulet of Guard +5 (15 def) just to be able to run past the mobs. I'll switch out my EoG+5 with EoF+6 at bosses... my point is, no amount of amp/vamp/att gear will help you get to the bosses without the right amount of defence, which is why I asked what gear would be best to "Upgrade" to to help maximize my attack and keep relatively high defence. I do not know if any Forcium 7% Epic even exist at this time on Mercury, or if so, it'd likely be 5B per item... I know that there are some very nice SIGMetal, but still, 2B pet item, even if +15 is a ittle to much for me at the time being. I do not spend real cash to buy ecoins/vouchers.. so I am asking, is there any set of gear that'll allow me to increase my attack to kill faster, and keep the same or close to on defence for a relatively fair price?

I'm in Forcium +7 Suit, Boots, Gloves, Osmium 26% cdi helm, Vamp+2 Earrings (Will upgrade to+3 at HR7), BoF+2 (Upgrading at HR7) RoF+9(2) RoL+1(2), Vamp Amulet +2/Amulet of Pain+4, Belt of Vital, EoG+5/EoF+6... SIGMetal 7% is way to expensive, costing roughly 1.5b-3b per piece. Teragrace 7% Im not sure how much it costs, but more importanly, I do not know which + I would need on a Teragrace/Osmium Battle set for the defence to be relatively the same as a Forcium +7, nor how much it would cost per piece. That is what I am asking... what set of gear would be close to the same defence as Forci +7? I could sacrifice roughly 50-60 def - if it would gain me more damage... but so far out of everthing I have read, its either Forcium +7 3% and sacrifice attack, or Osmium +9 7% and sacrifice a lot of defence. Is there no inbetween? What is the Defence/Cost of a Teragrace +9/12 7% Amp 1-2 slot Suit/Boots/Gloves?
    HP Pots cost almost nothing. The cooldown time on hp pots is 10 seconds. You should be using them THAT often.

In terms of pve: mobs/bosses will always do the same damage. Run an ic2 today, wait a few weeks, run another ic2, guess what: bosses are still gonna be the same. Dungeon is still gonna be the same.

Therefore you only need a certain amount of defense to survive, and higher is overkill; you should work on dps. Anybody with 700+ defense and ~4k hp can run through any dungeon's normal mobs. Learn how to dash properly so mobs hit you less, don't stand still, and use your hp pots.

Defense is overrated by EVERY new player. Defense is a pvp stat: because in pvp/n.war, players change gear. Whereas dungeons will never change. In dungeons, bosses have set stats, so you have a set amount "you should have this much to survive." While players stats will be dynamic. That's the only place where def really matters.

You are making it sound like it is expensive to get 'decent' gear when its really not. You can get a great set in a couple months if you're making 10mil a day. You can be running ft2/mo if you're a 170 with less than 1bil total in gear (its easy to buy nice suits/boots/gloves for ~100mil each now)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsihpoca View Post

jessicasorrow
    Listen to this person

You're getting some good advice already. Not much point in repeatedly asking the same question until somebody says one that you like.

If you already think you know whats best for you, then don't ask for advice.

If you don't know whats best for you, then ask for advice and take it.
    Last edited by Cathy; 10-12-2012 at 11:42 PM.

thx cathy =)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast