Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: how does skilling REALLY work?

how does skilling REALLY work?

So, i was staring at my screen, watching my FB mindlessly attack a dummy when I started to wonder how I could make it go by faster. To do that, I need to know how it works. So, I was wondering; does skilling work like regular leveling, where exp is relevant to the amount of damage you do? If that's so, then using a DPS combo should mean you could blow through skilling, right? And what about buffs that lower def/raise your attack? Or is it just based on the number of attacks, meaning get your quickest cast time skills, and just smack the out of it all day?

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, or if it's in the wrong forum.
    PS: skilling s.

If you wish to level up your skill while on dummy then best thing to do is get some adept gear for example boots, gloves, suit, helm, rings, amulete, bracelets and earrings as well as crystal and blade. In other words the more Adept gear you have on while skilling on dummy the faster you will earn your skill points...

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

I get that much, I was just wondering if your damage output effects the amount of skill exp you get. Thanks for the input though

Oh, I never checked damage output to see if it effected skill points earned but I do believe using low level skills for thier casting time is faster meaning the more times you hit the dummy the quicker you earn skill points.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

skilling is hell dmg doenst matter its the amout of hits use noob skills at lvl 3

well, im going to have to go with the majority vote here.
    Thanks for the input

Titanium
    skills dmg doesnt make the skill exp faster just go for magic attack that doesnt take out all your mana get bead for skilling 100%+ adept gears you'll be done quick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiifk View Post
    So, i was staring at my screen, watching my FB mindlessly attack a dummy when I started to wonder how I could make it go by faster. To do that, I need to know how it works. So, I was wondering; does skilling work like regular leveling, where exp is relevant to the amount of damage you do? If that's so, then using a DPS combo should mean you could blow through skilling, right? And what about buffs that lower def/raise your attack? Or is it just based on the number of attacks, meaning get your quickest cast time skills, and just smack the out of it all day?

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, or if it's in the wrong forum.
    PS: skilling s.
    That's it right there

Set your char up to skill overnight and you wont have to worry. Your char's skill rank will go up while you sleep :P

Its good to see that these forums are active and everyones willing to help. You dont see that now days, with a lot of games.

Thanks for your input, everyone