Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: hi and some newbie questions

hi and some newbie questions

Hi. New here and new to the game. I have a character, think she's a force-blader. She duel-weilds two swords if that is a clue? I've reached level 20 just by wandering around, killing stuff & taking the loot. Oh, and have done some quests.

I have some questions, if I may:
    • Some of the items I pick up I can sell, but only for zero. I can't drop them: can only get rid of them by selling them to an NPC for zero. What's that all about?
    • In the town in the Bloody Ice map, there are usually a lot of people, often high level, who are either standing or dancing. They don't talk. They don't move from their spots. I've PM'd one or two and gotten no replies. Just wondering that the motivation is, and why only that location?
    • Aside from killing stuff & taking the loot, doing quests and the occasional PvP, is there anything else to do in the game?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rutherford; 11-16-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: d'oh

Okay lets take this one step at a time...lol

1. A 2 weilding sword character is blader.
    2. These items that can't be dropped and are worth 0 Alz were added to the game some time ago only to help your character stats not to get you rich...xD.
    3. Players usely dance to gain back thier lost SP but they also do this while they AFK (the reason for no responce).
    4. There are lots of things to do its a matter of how you wish to enjoy your game play. I can give a few more examples:
    4a. Chaos arena, dungeon runs, Nation War, crafting, Boss hunting, PKing players, Oh and what some player like to do troll the chat (you know cause text drama) this one can be a bit trouble some and get you temp banned depending on the language used...xD.

I'm sure there are other ways to enjoy playing I will leave it for you to discover. Good Luck! and welcome to Cabal have fun in game...

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Thank you.

Have actually been trying the PK. The NPCs not talking to me kind of ed though. The strange thing was the players who ignored me as I was attacking them. They kept on fighting the creatures! Are they botting?

At one point I'd PK'd enough people that the game had my name a dark red that was almost black. Wow. The oddest thing was that hardly anyone ever attacked me. I've read that when the text is red or black, I can be killed without penalty and I will drop items on death ... so you'd think people would all be PK-ing me left & right. Nope.

I'm still at a low enough level, not yet 30, so I think that some of the things you mentioned I'm not yet able to do. On the positive side, the main-quest questline has begun to get interesting. A story is emerging.

Yes those characters you killed were probably bots, there are a lot at lower levels. They usually have weird looking names.

If your name becomes red/black from pk people will be able to kill you without penalty, but you wont drop items, thats just something people say to scare others. However, if you pk too much you will be warped to a "jail" maze. When you're in there you either have to wait a LOT or find the way out, which may take a while.

Here are a few tips on the game:
    1. Try to do all your quests, they are a good income
    2. Try to join a guild and have some advice on what to buy or on gameplay
    3. Focus your money on buying skills, you don't really need equipment until higher levels.

You're right: they did have weird names, things like "ruoifpp" (I just made that up) that looked like randomly typed keys.

They must be bots. Just now, I was questing, not PK-ing, when one appeared and began to do massive kill stealing on me (when I was trying to get items for a quest, arg). They wouldn't talk and when I did attack them, they ignored me. In this case, they were higher-level so was unable to affect them. Is botting "legal" in this game?

The jail maze sounds almost like it could be ... neat? Almost makes me want to do big PK spree just to see ... but I'm busy questing and want to be able to talk to NPCs.

You say do all the quests. I'd have to agree: I have not paid attention to the gold reward, but quests do give a nice amount of XP.

Have not joined a guild yet. To many choices and I don't know enough to chose a proper one yet.

As for focusing on skills, well. Hmm: I don't spend any gold on equipment: drops give me much better than the NPCs have. The only thing I've actually spent money on are health potions. As for skill, well, that's run into a little stumbling block. Every time I read a book to gain the skill, the game tells me I can't have any more skills. So it looks like the five or so skills I've already learned are going to be the only skills I'll ever be able to use on this toon?

So I logged on today, and I swear, it's all ing bots. What the hell? The server load indicators when i was picking a server were higher than I'd ever seen them. So it's Bot-Fest Day today? Seriously, the only humans aside from myself were the afk dancers in town.

p.s. Killed enough of them to be able to see that maze you get to if you PK too many players. Eh: not that exciting.

p.p.s. GM's: do something about the botters? Use GameGuard or something!

Hey bro, I appreciate your thirst for knowledge in the journey of CABAL ... Not many people actually pay attention to the storyline (I know because I was one of those people). I have actually created a new character to enjoy it, and I am very surprised with the amount of joy you can receive from doing quests on a freaking game lmao .. I feel like a true warrior! Hahaha I hope you're playing on the Mercury server, if so let me know! I will add you and help you out in your adventures to come :]

Much love, from your brother from another mother. And father ...

Thank you AwakeAndAlive. Yes, I am on Mercury. I forget why I picked that over Venus. It was probably a coin-flip decision. The quests have changed from interesting ... to difficult. So I've switched from questing to grinding to level up, so that later I can finish the quests I am in the middle of.