Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: EPISODE 10 part II game designer

EPISODE 10 part II game designer

So the first content pack has been applied on the Public Servers with tons of Skill Re-balancing. Now I want to introduce you the plan of 2nd part of skill re-balancing. The post might be long, here is the Table of Content, try to copy and search for the interesting content so you don’t have to read the whole post
    Table of Content

[General]

1. Efficiency of Defense is now lowered?
    2. Low-Level difficulty problem
    3. Concept of Skill SP consumption
    4. Cool time and Duration shortened
    5. Instant-cast related issues
    6. Dungeon Time increased?
    7. Dungeon Balancing for Sword / Magic characters
    8. Skill slot and Skill point problems

[Warrior]

WIP

[Blader]

WIP

[Wizard]

WIP

[Force Archer]

WIP

[Force Shielder]

WIP

[Force Blader]

WIP

—————-
    [GENERAL]

1. Efficiency of Defense is now lowered?

▶ The formula for calculating damage reduction is changed in the Rising Force update as you know.

Since there are many others stats that take place in the damage reduction, the efficiency of Defense is changed for sure.

In the past, Defense is equivalent to the damage reduction terminology.

Better than before, with the new damage reduction calculation, Defense acts as higher factor in the whole formula.

With new contents like monsters’ stats rebalancing, the challenging level of whole game increased. However adapting is a MUST, since there will be harder content which will be released ahead.

2. Low-Level difficulty problem

▶ Rising Force update provides some certain challenges for low-level characters.

Difficulty for lower-than-100 range has been tuned to be equivalent with higher-than-100 range, the game play is smooth and clear.

The main idea of keeping updating low-level content is making the game more attractive for new players as well as genuine players who want to be re-experienced the game.

Dungeon at 100 and below (like Volcanic Citadel) will be adjusted some how.

Some will be hardened, some will be lowered, for the best game play…

3. Concept of Skill SP consumption

▶ From Rising Force update, some skills consume SP for casting

The idea of requiring some SP for casting skill does not come out from the development team only, that was from the community.

When we heard about the skill casting required SP, we found that would be nice idea since special skills must consume some special things too, not easy-to-get like MP (buying directly from NPC).

So with the comsumption of SP when casting some special skills, player must pay more attention and the game play will be more “strategic”.

4. Cool time and Duration shortened

▶ In Rising Force update, many skills got adjusted for cooldown and duration.

These adjustments are pointed to rebalance game play, these changes are tested and adjusted based on the feedback from players and volunteers.

Changes will affect both PvE and PvP activities in game so it’s hard to control factors as players but that improves the challenging level of game play.

5. Instant-cast related issues

▶ Instant-cast is designed for improving the game play experiences

Instant-cast allows players doing another actions in the same time with casting Instant-cast skill (for example, using moving skills)

And by the way, the Instant Immunity skill is now Instant-cast too, so when you see the opponent, cast the Instant Immunity and cast another attack skill is possible. It’s now a REAL “Instant” Immunity.

6. Dungeon Time increased?

WIP

7. Dungeon Balancing for Sword / Magic characters

WIP

8. Skill slot and Skill point problems

WIP
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    <Sith Code>

Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    <Sith Code>

im glad everyone world-wide hates WA bm3...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatEND View Post
    im glad everyone world-wide hates WA bm3...
    I don't hate Wa's BM3 but then again I'm a Warrior...

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

you should, considering it's the worst bm3 out of all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatEND View Post
    you should, considering it's the worst bm3 out of all the classes.
    Not when you use it correctly: abaabaab+fatal attack or baababaa+fatal attack any one of these 2 gives good synergy...

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Quote Originally Posted by truely false View Post
    Not when you use it correctly: abaabaab+fatal attack or baababaa+fatal attack any one of these 2 gives good synergy...
    He is talking about it attack speed. It's the most slow BM3 out there. I will trade a little less attack for DPS anytime. Each A/B with 1.5 secs really hurt :S

keep it comming =]

Quote Originally Posted by truely false View Post
    sigh... i dont know if i should even reply...