Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal 2 Interview: Doesnt sound so good anymore...

Cabal 2 Interview: Doesnt sound so good anymore...

interview
    Recently we didn't get so much information about the hot Korean MMORPG Cabal II which is currently in open beta, now ThisIsGame.com has made a new interview with Cabal II's developer ESTsoft to give us more detail about the game, especially about the PvP content. Now let's check out some of the questions from MMO culture.

Q: The combat and animations in Cabal II seems mild compared to its predecessor's. Is there a change in design philosophy?

A: Cabal II has different design aspects compared to Cabal, hence the change in combat. Cabal was meant to be an entry-level game (easy for gamers to get in), with focus on personal combat. Hence, there were many AOE attacks, something similar to Dynasty Warriors.

The philosophy for Cabal II is to allow players who have progressed from that entry-level and want to experience a more immersed gameplay. Therefore, parties will see the roles of tanks, DPS and healing being prominent. Action tempo is lowered to allow all party members to keep up with each other, not just focused on personal combat.

However, the direction of action still has not really changed. Since it is just the Open Beta now, it is still early to announce all the skills.

Q: Although there is combo in Cabal II, the familiar chained combo is missing.

A: While chained combo is a very fun system, it does not make the whole game. Cabal II originally has chained combo before CBT 2, but we found out that players are too focused on it, hence ignoring map awareness and party members. Cabal II is positioned as a traditional MMORPG, so we eventually we eliminated the feature.

Q: Cabal II has made big changes since Cabal, are there players who complained about them?

A: To say everyone is satisfied with Cabal II would be a lie. There are those who wanted Cabal II to be similar to Cabal, but there are also those who are optimistic about Cabal II’s changes.

Q: In traditional MMORPGs, the endgame content usually comprises of dungeon raids and PvP. What about Cabal II?

A: Our focus for endgame content will be on PvP features, as we want everyone to be able to experience it. During our game planning, we considered gamers’ game time as the main catalyst.

To gather enough players and complete endgame dungeons, it will take a total of around 2 hours, which will place gamers like the working crowd at a disadvantage.

Q: The battle arena map is designed somewhat similar to League of Legend and Dota's. What will the future PvP maps be like?

A: The next battlefield will be designed with inspiration from the movie, Cube. 2 teams will wander from room to room, each room with its own boss. There will be many rooms to choose from, some tougher, some easier and some will lead teams further away from the goal. While the first battlefield (arena) map is more on team strategies, this new one will focus on choices made.

Q: Will there be other PvP features other than the battlefield maps?

A: We are still designing the 1 Vs 1 arena. We will then scale accordingly to increase the player headcount.

Q: Cabal II has many more cut-scenes compared to Cabal.

A: For Cabal, the team did spend a lot of time on the storyline. However, perhaps due to how it was expressed, players tend to ignore or missed it. Hence, in order to avoid the same problem in Cabal II, we spent more time on storytelling.

This eventually led to more development time and resources spent, but to allow players to immerse in the game, this step is unavoidable.

Q: What does the future hold for Cabal II?

A: We will be having our second content update in January 2013. Items include increased level cap, new areas, and the "Battle Mode" system from Cabal will also be added. The secret behind the game's opening scene will also be revealed.

At the interview, ESTsoft also announce that the first major update is expected in January 2013 which will included a increase in level cap and the Battle Mode system.

nothing i didnt already anticipate. cabal2's gameplay will be much more generic than cabal's. duno if it will be good or not till i get to scope it out for myself

Quote Originally Posted by NiteFalcon View Post
    nothing i didnt already anticipate. cabal2's gameplay will be much more generic than cabal's. duno if it will be good or not till i get to scope it out for myself
    same here

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

one thing they said that irked me was that they didnt want combo to be anything like cabal 1 - rather, they are adapting chain skills like aion... i guess im staying in cabal1...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatEND View Post
    one thing they said that irked me was that they didnt want combo to be anything like cabal 1 - rather, they are adapting chain skills like aion... i guess im staying in cabal1...
    The thing is, I'm SURE they can work around the combo system here in cabal 1 if implemented in cabal 2 and still have players more immersed with the surroundings , for one the combo system didn't need to be as fast in cabal 2 as here in cabal 1 , secondly , players will STILL be able to become immersed with the surroundings before, during and after the fight , they clearly forgot that no matter what you still need to focus on your character and your party and know when and where to back away or cast a skill to stay alive during a fight, thirdly they can utilise the vastly beautiful environment they created through a more powerful story line , with simple repeated quests and like voyages and other stuff where you have to travel out far .... like seriously... its not that hard to work around how people generally think when playing an action packed game -___-
    次の舞・白漣, Tsugi No Mai , ~Jay ~ Jayc ~ Jet Plane ~

I loled @ them taking out the combo system to make cabal just like every frigin MMO out there already. Yes, that's exactly what your current fan base would want, get rid of everything we love, and make the game generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamzor View Post
    The thing is, I'm SURE they can work around the combo system here in cabal 1 if implemented in cabal 2 and still have players more immersed with the surroundings , for one the combo system didn't need to be as fast in cabal 2 as here in cabal 1 , secondly , players will STILL be able to become immersed with the surroundings before, during and after the fight , they clearly forgot that no matter what you still need to focus on your character and your party and know when and where to back away or cast a skill to stay alive during a fight, thirdly they can utilise the vastly beautiful environment they created through a more powerful story line , with simple repeated quests and like voyages and other stuff where you have to travel out far .... like seriously... its not that hard to work around how people generally think when playing an action packed game -___-
    I guess they forget that ppl can combo without even paying much attention to their combo bars and still enjoy th scenery. It's almost as if they assume we don't auto attack ever.

Combo is one reason that I play the game still. They seriously need to re-think it over again.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 11-28-2012 at 03:01 PM.

My FB Guide

Titanium
    When will they learn no one gives a crap about a game storyline -____-.

And 2hrs to complete a dungeon,guess no cabal 2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato685 View Post
    When will they learn no one gives a crap about a game storyline -____-.

And 2hrs to complete a dungeon,guess no cabal 2 for me.
    Someone has never done fire traps. That takes 3 hours.

My FB Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Someone has never done fire traps. That takes 3 hours.
    Doing fire traps =\= doing a dungeon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast