Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: New player here

New player here

Hi, I didn't see any sort of "Introductions" thread so I guess I'll just make one for myself here.

Even though games like Guild Wars 2 and Aion are out, I've been craving for some oldschool MMORPGs. So I decided on Cabal since it's free, simple, and doesn't look too bad. I'm wondering what the player community is like, if they're friendly and willing to help new players out in case they have questions in-game. I took a look at the beginner guide in this forum and it's like 2 years old so I'm not sure how reliable it still is, and I intend to learn as I play anyway.

Been playing a couple days and reached level 20 on my Force Shielder. I'm on the Mercury server in case anyone is interested, playername is "frillycheezsteak" since apparently "frillycheesesteak" won't fit.

Oh, and I plan to make regular blog posts about my Cabal experience; it's something I did for other MMORPGs when I played them before, and it helps me really get into a game. If you're the type who reads, I hope you find my blog interesting. I'll link it in my sig when I get around to editing my profile.

Thanks, and see you in-game!

Banned
    Hi new Cabal player
    1st off u shoulda made ur nama be "foshizzle" but i bet its taken
    Cabal community is a bunch of trollers, wanna be queens and QQers but...most of us are friendly and helpful
    If u want to make some friends id join a guild i heard BurN is pretty good for low lvl war farmers
    Cabal is a very repetitious game but drama/war make it fun!

Good luck on ur drops, and will be nice to read ur blogs mr. frillycheezsteak

Quote Originally Posted by Sandulf View Post
    Good luck on ur drops, and will be nice to read ur blogs mr. frillycheezsteak
    Hey Sandulf, thanks for the words of encouragement. I get that there would naturally be a bunch of the usual derps/derpinas. There always are, no matter what game. The trick is learning how to ignore them while still having fun with the friendly, helpful types.

My blog is up, it's in my sig and I've been making a few posts; nothing really worth reading yet but then again I haven't been playing much recently. I'm thinking of putting up some non-gaming-related posts as well, but it might just go downhill from there.
    Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

Forcium
    Generally speaking, 30% of the cabal population speaks understandable English, and about 10% are willing to help out a new player. The rest are viets, and miscellaneous global players. By regardless, welcome new player; enjoy your stay to another troll-filled MMO community.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Generally speaking, 30% of the cabal population speaks understandable English, and about 10% are willing to help out a new player. The rest are viets, and miscellaneous global players. By regardless, welcome new player; enjoy your stay to another troll-filled MMO community.
    Sounds about right.

Good luck! If you were in Venus I would love to help, but alas you re not.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Thank you, Sprite and Valdoroth, for your welcome. I guess the forums are, relatively speaking, a better place to hang out for socializing in general than in-game?

And yeah, I can see what you mean by troll-filled. On the other hand, I mostly see that when I lurk on the forums. In-game, it's all chatting about buying/selling/trading, kind of like the current state of some other MMOs that are much more recent than Cabal. It's actually something I'm quite used to by now.
    Last edited by frillycheesesteak; 12-13-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.