Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: User Warning: Usage of certain keyboards

User Warning: Usage of certain keyboards

I'd like to take a minute to explain the negative impact of using a keyboard that can perform functions more than the normal keyboard, like open alternate functions, or use series of keys, like macros.
    Apparently in Cabal Online if you have such a keyboard, you cannot use any of those functions without Selecting the Enable Global Hotkeys option in the Options> Game page> Lower Left:

This allows you to use the extra keys on your keyboard like play/pause/next/previous/etc. It was added I believe with the Saints Requiem update, so it's been around for awhile.

Here is the example of my keyboard:

The highlighted keys are all the extra keys. They are allowed to be used, however, the extra functions that can be used from the to use other keys and repeat that are not allowed. It's fine to use them to auto type /dance, /pvp, and stuff like that (though it never seems to close chat after it does it) or even open up programs like calculator or itunes, but when you use them to auto press other keys when not in chat bar it's not allowed (keys that perform actions from your character like quick slot bar keys).

The negative part is when you try to use them to do stuff for you when you're not "present" (AFK) (and in some cases present too), however how they know you're not there is simply a mystery. For all anyone knows you could be sitting there watching it do it, but it's still not allowed because it's not in the "spirit of Service."

Now, the reason people would use stuff like this is for one of two reasons: Farming materials, or those illegal botters that sell alz illegally.
    However, without farming, you don't have crafting materials. Without those materials, crafting is very difficult or extensively expensive to get some of the best possible items. The largest source of alz now is bought directly from ESTsoft in the form of Buff Capsules or Bronze Vouchers. Some people don't like to spend real money on those items, so they resort to farming what they need. Farming requires time. Time costs alot more than money, but using time when you're not actively at your computer is considered bad spirit, except for skilling, pet grinding, and even spinning in circles.

Now to explain the differences of a Botter (not they typo Booter in the Terms of Service) and Macros.

Botters are not limited to the game. They intercept incoming packets and can manipulate them, or interpret them extensively. They essentially can direct a target character to do quests, click stuff anywhere on the screen whenever needed, pick up only certain objects, npc stuff, etc all without a single keystroke.

Macros are limited to the game. They are simply a string of keystrokes that your keyboard does, with the press of only 1 key (like using a macro to auto use the keys 4-7 if they're your buffs instead of maually clicking each buff). It still is only limited to what the game lets your normal keys do, but since it does many keys for you in the order and/or timing that you want it's bad. However it cannot move your mouse and even though you can set it to click, it'll only click where you left your mouse.

So basically, if you want to be a good community player and host tournaments because of a lack of variety in the game from types of events or gameplay itself, or support players with gears because you don't need any, don't use the special extra's your keyboard can do, even if it's not an illegal 3rd party program bcs it'll get you banned permanently without even a second look at your programs or processess to verify that you didn't use anything illegal simply because it's not in their discretion as "spirit of service."

Thanks for reading it all if you did and good luck out there!

--- Valdoroth Kai

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Anyone with half a brain knows macroing while AFK is not legal.

Titanium
    banned?

I thought it's been obvious to everyone that you can use extra keyboard keys (aka macro keys) to control things in the game, but you aren't allowed to use them for any automated features such as skill macro (dash combo macro and such).

so u've been banned for using macros? lol

that's what you get for being lazy xP

but don't worry, I'm sure GMs like you enough to unban you eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    so u've been banned for using macros? lol

that's what you get for being lazy xP

but don't worry, I'm sure GMs like you enough to unban you eventually
    I hope not cheaters should be banned but it explains where his gear alz and craft mats came from
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

If you haven't noticed yet, I am very cynic when it comes to the whole "people that should get banned" thing... I've seen too much stuff I do not agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    If you haven't noticed yet, I am very cynic when it comes to the whole "people that should get banned" thing... I've seen too much stuff I do not agree with
    Everyone knows I've always stood up for the GMs
    But If they unban him Ill loose all faith in the GM crew
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Everyone knows I've always stood up for the GMs
    But If they unban him Ill loose all faith in the GM crew
    Lost mine the day I reported a 15X FA that was wall hacking AND range hacking in PORTA! (160+ map..........) and they did nothing about it.

Hell I even had a SS of the dude (I always assume female chars are dude) begging me not to report him later on. Like what more did they need....

The prob is a ss is hard to prove anyone with a good photoshop background can make it look legit
    That's why they rarely ban over ss
    Vids are undeniable hence are a lot more effective
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast