Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Camera Turning: Setting options doesn't work!!

Exclamation Camera Turning: Setting options doesn't work!!

Alright, I got an email saying that Cabal had a few updates, and that a new Elo-based match-making pvp system would be the next update. I thought that was absolutely awsome, seing as it would provide more re-play value to the game, and would also make it more competitive.

I got the game, downloaded it, installed it.

So, now i have the game. I started it up (after restarting ym computer), logged in, and choose my lv 84 character. So, Now i'm in-game. I try to turn the camera, but it doesn't turn. I go to the options menu, and check that the option "Rotate Camera by touch the frame by mouse" was checked, and it was. I uncheck it, check it (mabey it was a bug or somthing...?), so now it's still checked. I click "ok". I try to move the camera by moveing my mouse to the edge of the screen and it still doesn't work.

I have searched the internet for people with similar problems, with the hope of finding a solution, but so far no one seems to have had this problem.

I use Windows 7. Can someone help me out?? I can not get the thing to work.

I would also prefer a GM took a look into this, as this may be a huge bug. When in the options menu, the option to play music while the game is minimized is unchecked, but the game still plays music when it is minimized regardless. What this tells me is that this may be an options menu bug. Since the two options remain unchanged whether they are checked or not, it would appear to be a major bug. This is not true, however, with graphics options such as shadow, etc...

Thank you for your time.

I also want to say that I also re-installed the game about three times. There has been no change in the game's behavior. The camera bug remains... D:

Oh, also, to comply with the bug report guidelines:

I use Mercury Server (and did while trying to figure out a fix for this), but I don't believe it is sevrer-side, but a client issue.

Character name: It is all of my characters. As I said, It is the options menu, and the camera position. It isn't pretty particular which character I choose....

Time/Date: Immediately before the previous post. Probably should note that an hour of searching/testing hypothesis may have passed before I had to resort to this...

I think that is it. Other than that:

System Specs:

Windows 7 (32 bit; updated from Win Vista-32bit; updated with SP1)
    Intel core Duo CPU T5250; 1.5GHz (ea)
    4 Gb ram (3Gb are use-able)

Game Client:

Downloaded from-
    http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client
    (I believe that is the North Amerca Global version)

HDD space: 365/464 (used/total)Gb

All Hardware is up-to-date; Windows is up-to-date.

On another note, I do not think a screenshot will help... I mean, it's not somthing you can see using a still-frame.

NVM... I messed around with the camera settings:

I changed the camera to "Free" mode. It worked. The options for "Rotate Camera by touch the frame by mouse" should probably be grayed out for settings that it can't be used for... It is very confusing.

GM can close this now.

#closed

^if that works...^

Change your option to Free and rotate your camera on "Mouse Down" with your right button. Also you can change the zoom of your current view. Hope this helps.