Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: New Player: Wizard Request Help.

New Player: Wizard Request Help.

Pardon me for being a 'Nazi' in what I am about to say, but I would prefer responses from someone who is fluent int he English language that knows how to write a sentence, and know how to actually spell out their words ((AKA LITERACY.)). I have nothing against people whom English is not their second language, but I need clear replies on this so I don't have to wrack my head making sense of 'Translator' jargon from none native speakers, the flip side of it is that there are some Non Native speakers who speak better than the Native ones... Hate me if you will, I could care less if you are butthurt by my words!

Now, I am joining Cabal only cause two of my friends finally convinced me to join, with that said, I am just looking for general advice from people who are adept at using a Wizard, I know I should probably play around with the classes and see what I like the most but, I have never been good with Melee ranged characters as opposed to me and my love for Casters.

Now, I did do my forum searches but got no clear definitive answers. Since I know jack crap about the game, I prefer to save myself from as many build screw ups as possible, since I do not plan on spending money on a game I am not sure I will like yet, so if one has to pay for resets or detraction of a stat.. No.. No money will come from my pocket for that, least not until I know I like Cabal. Though however, if I am not far along, I do not mind starting over.

Anyways, let me quit bull shatting around and get to my point. Correct me if some of my info is wrong on my statements.

~General Question~

1. From what I gathered through some forum searching, Every class has a 'Stat Conversion' table that determines how much a stat point weigh for a class.

2. Stats that are not a classes forte should be kept at a Minimum to just meet the armor requirements?

~Wizard Questions~
    1. To point out the Obvious, I know INT is the primary stat for a Wizard. Is there a effective number range to put in INT after leveling up? Same goes to the 'Lesser' stats as well. As I said above, should I just keep those to a minimum?

2. Skills: Always a fun one since it seems the guides I've seen cover near Endgame stuff, but I am not certain. Is there any particular few that stand out from the Skills when leveling that will make a big difference with the 'grind?'

3. Tips, Trick, Suggestions?

Note: I do rage, but I bloody have fun in the process, I may hiss and cuss but I laugh my arse off later!

Everything else I can play shot in the dark with and gamble.
    Last edited by Gicewiz; 12-27-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typo Errors: Hypocrisy I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Gicewiz View Post
    Pardon me for being a 'Nazi' in what I am about to say, but I would prefer responses from someone who is fluent int he English language that knows how to write a sentence, and know how to actually spell out their words ((AKA LITERACY.)). I have nothing against people whom English is not their second language, but I need clear replies on this so I don't have to wrack my head making sense of 'Translator' jargon from none native speakers, the flip side of it is that there are some Non Native speakers who speak better than the Native ones... Hate me if you will, I could care less if you are butthurt by my words!

Now, I am joining Cabal only cause two of my friends finally convinced me to join, with that said, I am just looking for general advice from people who are adept at using a Wizard, I know I should probably play around with the classes and see what I like the most but, I have never been good with Melee ranged characters as opposed to me and my love for Casters.

Now, I did do my forum searches but got no clear definitive answers. Since I know jack crap about the game, I prefer to save myself from as many build screw ups as possible, since I do not plan on spending money on a game I am not sure I will like yet, so if one has to pay for resets or detraction of a stat.. No.. No money will come from my pocket for that, least not until I know I like Cabal. Though however, if I am not far along, I do not mind starting over.

Anyways, let me quit bull shatting around and get to my point. Correct me if some of my info is wrong on my statements.

~General Question~

1. From what I gathered through some forum searching, Every class has a 'Stat Conversion' table that determines how much a stat point weigh for a class.

2. Stats that are not a classes forte should be kept at a Minimum to just meet the armor requirements?

~Wizard Questions~
    1. To point out the Obvious, I know INT is the primary stat for a Wizard. Is there a effective number range to put in INT after leveling up? Same goes to the 'Lesser' stats as well. As I said above, should I just keep those to a minimum?

2. Skills: Always a fun one since it seems the guides I've seen cover near Endgame stuff, but I am not certain. Is there any particular few that stand out from the Skills when leveling that will make a big difference with the 'grind?'

3. Tips, Trick, Suggestions?

Note: I do rage, but I bloody have fun in the process, I may hiss and cuss but I laugh my arse off later!

Everything else I can play shot in the dark with and gamble.
    Idk what level you are, but keep your STR and DEX absolutely at only the requirement needed for your rank up if you're under lv.60.

Every time you up your skill-rank (expert, a.expert, master, etc) you will automatically gain points on STR, INT, and DEX, so make sure to do your appropriate skill-rank-up for your level range, before adding your stat points from leveling up. STR and DEX is minimum, pump as much into INT as you can.

Eventually you WILL have to extract STR and DEX (only post-lv.100/transcender) but you won't have to extract a lot as long as you don't put in too much early on, and extracts are pretty cheap now.

Don't waste alz on gear, its the most common mistake new players make, you can do the first three main dungeons (lake in dusk, ruina station, epaulet of the dead 1) while pretty much naked.

Skills:

Upgrades:

Vitality mastery (hp)
    Force Control (magic)
    Defensive Sense (defense)
    Rising Force (magic)
    Damage absorb (defense)
    sixth sense (defense rate)

i dont have the game open so sorry if im a little off with the actual skill names, just remember which stats are important

I don't know all of the wiz skills off the top of my head but I'll name the must-have ones that I do know of, and you should get asap

Terra lance
    Fire lance
    Aqua lance
    Freezing lance

put all the lances 20 eventually, but you can keep them lower level while you are under lv.80-ish (to save mp use :P) You can combo them in that order and throw some slower skills at the end (your lv.80+ skills, but you can use other ones if you're under lv.80)

lv.80+ you'll get Extreme Dual Cannon, Space Collapse, Meteor. They should all be at least lv.12; you can raise their level higher as you get higher level (130-ish+ you should have them at their end-game levels 18-20)

For BM2 (which is absolutely crucial at under lv.130+) you will want a few other skills that you won't normally combo; When you're comboing, how fast your skills cast is important, but in BM2, all skills have the same cast time, so the only thing that matters is how hard they hit (the lv.80+ skills are the best for this)

Vaccuum, Chain Explosion, Arctic Field, Hail Storm, Lightning Cannon, Stone Cannon, Aqua Cannon, Fire Cannon, all fall under this category. lv.20 is best, but they can be a bit less if you're lacking skill points. These skills aren't as important as the 4 lances i named above so prioritize the points on those. There may be one or two im missing, but in general that should help.

For buffs, you can max all of them except for Resist Intension, Regeneration, and Weaken (weaken you can leave lv.1)
    Last edited by Peaches; 12-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

I am only level 5 right now, in the starter area. No skill points nor have any stat points been spent. Just been grinding for the hell of it. While I wait for a response to my post.

By minimum on the Off stats, you mean 1 in STR, 1in DEX and 3 in INT?

I've been level 5 just goofed around IRL as well during all this.

Do all your quests until lv.100. And by minimum on STR and DEX, i mean just don't put anything into them until you're forced to.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

I'd live to help you but I'm too lazy to be literal
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Do all your quests until lv.100. And by minimum on STR and DEX, i mean just don't put anything into them until you're forced to.
    Ah I see. Basically..Only meet the Rank up requirements and stack the hell out of INT :u? I can do that.
    Last edited by Gicewiz; 12-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.