Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critical Rate and PvP

Critical Rate and PvP

Introduction

Critical Rate plays a big role in PvP. In Mercury at the highest level of this game, all my friends who play with me have 7/40 helm and 7/40 weapons. Everyone has Rol2's, and just about anybody can get a 16 Rate Ring just by running eod2. MCR in glove/suit/pet/rune and aop6's or aop7's pushes the Crit Rate limit from 50 to over 60. And a Rol3 for high level characters, isn't uncommon

My own experiences

As an Honor rank 20 and Resist Rate bike owner, I hold 42% resist rate and I notice people crit on me 1/5 times (i.e. 20%) If I am not 2 lances ahead (say in a freestyle) chances of losing are extremely high.

Why Critical Rate is overpowered

a) To make Honor Rank practically useless
    b) To raise a critical rate above 50% is too easy, and people like me who only have 20% Crit rate will never win

Room for Concern

1. People in BM3 already gain 10-21 Crit Rate just from being in BM3
    2. Force Classes have so much Rate even without having Rate on their equipment, or having to work for it, unlike we people who work for our Resist Rate
    3. EP10 Max Critical Rate Rune's max level is pushed up

A probable solution

Perhaps the cap for MAX RATE should be locked into 55. Each max rate slot in gears should be lowered to 1% from 3/2. This way it gives players the option to choose how much defense / base offense / rate / rate resist instead of only one type of build *(Critical Rate/Max Rate) to be the single most important factor while fighting an opponent.

Since Cabal HQ can setup all different criteria, a good idea would be to test 2 honor 20 characters... one with no MCR on gear and one with over 12 MCR on gear...

Unrelated side note

On a side note remove the "Z" key to re-target opponent will make N.War more consisten. This feature is already unavailable in PVP. It takes any real skill out of the game and New/Inexperienced players and Alz buyers alike who spend 3 hours practicing can be just as "skilled" as anybody who has played this game for years
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

This is a more accurate thread!
    Last edited by CandiCoatted; 01-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Lol I see what you did ......
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Go away cathy, lita said she prefered me!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    You don't get RR from INT next update.

... because the wall of text in patch notes are too good to be true.
    As an Honor rank 20 and Resist Rate bike owner, I hold 42% resist rate and I notice people crit on me 1/5 times (i.e. 20%)

however, in EP10 with INT that gives RR, +1 increase in RR per slot of my bike and a Panda Epaulet (another 10 RR), I can surpass 55% RR and make sure that people crit me 0/5 times. This is why I am planning to slot my helmet and glove with defense slots because I am an FB and I find critical damage is totally useless
    Yep.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 01-08-2013 at 11:35 AM.

With a cap on MCR, there should also be a cap on resist rate like to 35% (holy crap 42% is alot).

I agree with retargeting. +1,000

The issue of rate and res rate is why I'm rebuilding as an anti-BM build next update with a high focus on defense. (aim is 82% amp with 1400 def and 4500 def rate [why def rate? well assuming that next next update (pt III I think) that the whole higher def rate than atk rate = Block then what's better? resisting crit dmg or resisting all dmg?, but ofc that's guessing that crits don't auto hit still...which they probably will ><])

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium

On a side note remove the "Z" key to re-target opponent will make N.War more consisten. This feature is already unavailable in PVP. It takes any real skill out of the game and New/Inexperienced players and Alz buyers alike who spend 3 hours practicing can be just as "skilled" as anybody who has played this game for years
    why stop there;

remove fade to cursor
    remove 1 combo button, i.e you have to press the actual skills to combo, like how the game original started with
    remove all pve aspect from war, you get no point from farming guard,gates,towers
    remove sp gears, buff pots, ect..

once you go to war, your level/hr become max, everyone is equipped with standardized gears, i.e osm amp, legs.
    if you die in war to another player, you lose 5k honor
    if you kill another player in war while defending/attacking a point, you gain 10k honor

Quote Originally Posted by elvie View Post
    why stop there;

remove fade to cursor
    remove 1 combo button, i.e you have to press the actual skills to combo, like how the game original started with
    remove all pve aspect from war, you get no point from farming guard,gates,towers

once you go to war, your level/hr become max, everyone is equipped with standardized gears, i.e osm amp, legs.
    if you kill another player in war while defending/attacking a point, you gain 10k honor
    That would completely defeat the whole point of farming for your own gear and trying to be the strongest. Being the strongest is both about skill and gear, although now a days it's more just about who has the most money.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by nationwarblows View Post
    being the strongest, now a days it's more just about who has the most money.
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by elvie View Post
    why stop there;

remove fade to cursor

That totally makes sense as to how I didn't know you could use the combo button only until late 2011 lol

Those honor values for win/ losses are far too high. That's like running 1 FI just killing someone. You would also have to base it off tier too. I would think only 100 per kill and -50 per death.

PvP should give consecutive increase in honor points for wins in a row (like PK increases as your pk penalty grade gets higher, have a "PvP grade that is reset on loss/logout), but only be based off your lvl difference (with the highest value being same lvl, and -1 pt per lvl higher than them and +1 per lvl lower than them)
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast