Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with CABAL Game Developer Notes - Skill Renewal

Interview with CABAL Game Developer Notes - Skill Renewal

**The content of this interview and information disclosed by the Game Developer is subject to change. **

Interview with CABAL Game Developer – Skill Renewal

Date: September – 26 - 2012

CABAL GM:
    Hello, Mr. H. You look so serious today.

CABAL Game Developer:
    Yes. Hi. It’s my first interview and I’m getting so nervous.

CABAL GM:
    Don’t worry. It’s not like we are going to beat you or anything like that.

So what brought you all the way here?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Lots of people are wondering about Skill Renewal and its after-effects and here I am with some answers for all you.

I will give you details on Buff Skills, Upgrade Skills, and by Battle Styles.

CABAL GM:
    It sounds exciting. How are the skills going to be renewed for each Battle Styles?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Well, this is how Skill Renewal will be changed for each Battle Style. (there are more but we picked out the big ones to share.)

• New Weapon called ‘Astral Enchant’ will be added to Astral Weapon Slot

[-]Astral Enchant has Critical Rate UP/ Critical DMG UP/ Attack UP options. (Similar with the original Blade skill options)
    [-]Astral Enchant options, Critical DMG and Attack UP options increase according to the level of Weapons. (Critical Rate Up is held for 35%)

• The three enchant skill; Ice, Fire, Lightning will turn out to be buff skill with no time limitation.

[-]All three skills cannot be applied at the same time; instead, each skill would have its own optional effect to it.
    [-]Depending on which skill is applied, attack skills and de-buff skills will have different options.

• Art of Curse skill is to be added. Art of Curse is a de-buff skill that reduces enemy’s resistance, and depending on which skill is applied, it will have different additional options.

• Crushing Blade skill will be changed to Passive skill. (No need to activate the skill)
    • Reflect Shield (TBC) skill will be added. The concept of this skill is to return the received damage to enemies.

• Art of Healing skill will be changed to Passive skill.
    • Art of Sniping will have its critical rate fixed, and is in discussion of removing its Immobility effect.
    • Quick Move (TBC) skill will be added, which will increase its viability temporarily.
    • Battle Mode 1, Multi Shooter, is in development to a new mode with a new concept.

• A new passive skill that increases Magic Attack will be added.
    • Spirit Shield (TBC) skill will be added, which will increase its viability temporarily.

• When Intuition skill is activated, it will null out all damages (except the HP reducing debuffs) temporarily. This skill will be an immediately-applying skill that it won’t need any animation on activation.
    • Many buff skills will be changed to Passive skills.
    • Blade Force/Blade Aura/Soul Blade will be removed and Attack up option will be added as a Passive skill.

• Panic Cry skill will now affect in range-base.
    • Blade Force/Blade Aura/Soul Blade will be removed and Attack up option will be added as a Passive skill.

CABAL GM:
    Most of Buff Skills became Passive skills… that’s so convenient.

Then what about Buff skills and Upgrade skills?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Yeah, not only changes on Buff skills and Upgrade skills but a so-called ‘Immediately-Applying Skills’ will be added with abnormality options.

[Abnormal Status]
    • Domination / Provoke / Immobility / Silence status are to be developed.
    • Above abnormalities won’t have any resistance value like Stun/Knockback/Down, and they will be added according to Battle Styles.

[Immediately-Applying Skills]
    • Every Battle Style will have its own Immediately-applying skills that won’t require any animation on activation.
    • These skills can be applied without breaking Combos.

Apparently, the skills can be applied immediately even during the attacks with no animation on activation.

[Buff Skills]
    • All buff skills of strengthening physical, mental, weapons and armors will be removed. Therefore, there will be no Buff skill limitation. Yet, to keep the balance, some skills will have reasonable cool-time.
    • Buff activation animation will be shortened to within a second.
    • Planning to fix how buffs couldn’t be applied after changing weapons.

[Upgrade Skills]
    • Upgrade skills were to buy corresponding skills books, but it is to be changed.
    • Users can learn next level skill just by simply clicking ‘+’ on Skill window. Price stays the same.
    • Upgrade Skill books are not to be dropped or sold anymore, but remaining skill books are usable as well.

[Skill Slot]
    • Instead of Sword / Magic skills, it will be changed to Attack / Support. As for the Transcender Rank, 27 Attack skill slots / 20 Support skill slots can be retained. (Can be changed)

CABAL GM:
    Hmm, it sure is changing. Even better!

How soon are we going to be able to see these changes?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Date has not been set yet. As I have mentioned earlier, all these details are either in development or in testing. We will try to get it done as soon as possible so stay in close.

CABAL GM:
    Awesome! Do you have anything else to add?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Well, we have this one thing, hmm…

CABAL GM:
    What is it? Say it out.

CABAL Game Developer:
    We named it ‘Stack Effect’. It’s a new concept for skill system.

CABAL Game Developer:
    ‘Stack Effect’?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Yes. Battle Styles would have its own gauge or points to stack up from the battle, and then, players can have additional effects consuming those stacked points.

Every Battle Style would have different effects such as Attack UP, Skill Amplification, or even damaging more HP by the stacked points.

We are still in discussion on how we shall combine this new concept with new/renewed skills.

CABAL GM:
    So it’s just conceptual model yet, then?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Well, it is. This topic has been around for a while so I guess it’s OK to reveal it in public BUT as I said, it still needs to be reviewed, discussed, and tested.

CABAL GM:
    OK! Do you have anything more to add?

CABAL Game Developer:
    Yes, we are working on this new ‘Mission Battle System’ and it is to be tested sometime soon internally.
    You can keep your hopes up for this one.

CABAL GM:
    Mission Battle System… It sure would sound terrific for PvP lovers. ^^
    Thank you for sharing with us.

CABAL Game Developer:
    You are more than welcome!

Stay alert for the future updates and hope to see you guys soon again.

Thank you.
    Last edited by [GM] Lorkan; 01-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Cool

yay for able to have more atk slots ...though i wonder how our skill points themselves are changing in terms of how much we'll consume.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

dang that was in september tho

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettezr1 View Post
    dang that was in september tho
    Shhh don't spoil the moment >< (they're doing better so give them praise). This is upcoming info B4 the update from OUR GM. That's cool

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    this makes me wanna play again QQ. to bad someone wont try it with me

I'm liking the way this update is heading

Shadow Titanium
    they banned you why do you stick up for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Shhh don't spoil the moment >< (they're doing better so give them praise). This is upcoming info B4 the update from OUR GM. That's cool

GM TY FOR INFO BUT I NEED SOUTH KOREAN PLAYER TO MAKE ACCOUNT FOR:
    http://www.cabal2.co.kr/main
    TY!!
    ~Tenrai
    IGN: Angel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    **The content of this interview and information disclosed by the Game Developer is subject to change. **

[LIST][*]Art of Healing skill will be changed to Passive skill. [*]Art of Sniping will have its critical rate fixed, and is in discussion of removing its Immobility effect.

Thank you.
    even if you lower the cr,having the cd high and most of all let fa move around it makes their bm3 TO OP.... at least lower its cd to 20% or something idk... or just keep it unmovable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    even if you lower the cr,having the cd high and most of all let fa move around it makes their bm3 TO OP.... at least lower its cd to 20% or something idk... or just keep it unmovable.....
    1. This interview is kind of old, it is confirmed that the Unmovable is still in place

2. FA has 90 amp on BM3 skills, but lower "Add Attack", which is meant to balance with the 70 amp WI has on BM3 skills, but higher "Add Attack". However they plan to "even" things out further by lowering the Amp on FA's BM3 skills (from 90 to some unknown number but I assume 70/80)

3. There are the new stats "Pierce" (ignores defense, similar to the add damage you'd see on bracelets of sage) and "Hit" which is an Accuracy stat that goes with Evasion for the Block feature. WA and WI (and other classes?) will have Pierce on their BM3 A/B. FA will not; FA will just have Hit.

I guarantee after update, FA BM3 will be similar to how FA BM2 was; about 4th best. And WI BM2 >>> all BM2's or BM3's.

Remember 1 year ago when FA was underpowered and nobody wanted to play it because it didn't have anything except for the supposed high dps combo? and WI bm2 was super OP and could solo PF bosses with half the SP an FA needed? It's gonna be like that again. BM3 is the only thing that made FA "op". That'll be removed.
    Last edited by Peaches; 01-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast