Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently Best FB?

Banned
    This is my definition of a skilled player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeGcf0ZgQk. Not his gear but the way he plays the character, the way he controls it. Please post anything identical to that char control. This is what skill can do for you... and thats the reason miavii lost. He got outplayed by a more skillful player. Still think skill isn't required? Then there really isnt much more i can say...

Here is another one of the same guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xETBq87V8t4
    He plays that char like he was using a game console control. That takes skill.

so your telling us we should start worshiping xi?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
    so your telling us we should start worshiping xi?
    What... I'm asking people who they think is currently the best FB. I dont worship him i just wish i could play like him. If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread then why are you posting here...

Please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarh View Post
    This is my definition of a skilled player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeGcf0ZgQk. Not his gear but the way he plays the character, the way he controls it. Please post anything identical to that char control. This is what skill can do for you... and thats the reason miavii lost. He got outplayed by a more skillful player. Still think skill isn't required? Then there really isnt much more i can say...

Here is another one of the same guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xETBq87V8t4
    He plays that char like he was using a game console control. That takes skill.
    My point is: there is no such thing as real "skill" in cabal. Any "skill" required is minimal/simple/easy to learn. And so I do not think "skill is required" because something that doesn't exist can't be required.

I have seen that video. It is true that XI is good after playing for several years. But it is also true that most people can learn how to play like that after only a week or two of playing.

I consider real skill to be something that actually takes years to accumulate.

All of my previous posts have basically been around the theme: Gear is infinitely more important in a freestyle than "skill" because that level of "skill" shown in the video is something that everyone has/can do/can learn within a week. Whereas gear is a bit more difficult to come by than that.

Thats my POINT lol...

You just complimented my argument. If you don't know the more than the basics of your kit than you are terrible which means you are unskilled. I think you got the wrong idea from what i just said. I was never claiming i was a SKILLED player. I was simply saying that skill is required and that there are people out there with great gear but lack of knowledge of their kit and the game. They're out there believe it or not. I mean how can you be bad when you're running around with +15 gear? Explain that to me. I think we both have different meanings of the word "skilled".
    And you're trying to make it sound as if XI's FB had bad gear. That is an old video so it would be bad now, but Sallly's gear was really good at the time that was made.

Btw the best FB is Juji
    Last edited by Peaches; 01-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    My point is: there is no such thing as real "skill" in cabal. Any "skill" required is minimal/simple/easy to learn. And so I do not think "skill is required" because something that doesn't exist can't be required.

I have seen that video. It is true that XI is good after playing for several years. But it is also true that most people can learn how to play like that after only a week or two of playing.

I consider real skill to be something that actually takes years to accumulate.

All of my previous posts have basically been around the theme: Gear is infinitely more important in a freestyle than "skill" because that level of "skill" shown in the video is something that everyone has/can do/can learn within a week. Whereas gear is a bit more difficult to come by than that.

And you're trying to make it sound as if XI's FB had bad gear. That is an old video so it would be bad now, but Sallly's gear was really good at the time that was made.

Btw the best FB is Juji
    Anyone can do anything everyone knows that but only a few actually do it and make it a habbit.

Are there any youtube videos of Juji?

Anyone can do anything everyone knows that but only a few actually do it and make it a habbit.

Are there any youtube videos of Juji?
    Yes there are.

And I'd say the main reason people dont make videos (I'm sure tons would love to because it's actually pretty fun) is lack of a good PC.
    hi im Peaches

Unfortunately for alot of players (I would say a majority) the lag and simple ping times are too high to be able to the most "skilled" tactics used in game (that being fade in combo time). My internet is pretty decent with an upload time of 3.4Mb/s (higher than needed to play almost any online game smoothly), however, the cables and lines that my internet uses still always limit my speed by having a ping time of 90ms+ (even after I got a different provider I noticed it used some of the same lines).
    If you ask XI what his ping is, it's usually below 40, which is about the bar line for fade in a single key press instead of multiple key presses to activate it (like I have to get lucky for), and he lives not that much closer to the servers than I. Many players that live farther than me still have better connection speed with loewr ping times and even the same providers sometimes.

People say to try Leatrix Latency helps but that had 0 effect on my ping times (for any of my computers or internets I've ever used for Cabal). I used Ping Plotter to take multiple samples of trace route over a certain time period to see the mins/maxs of my pings and it never got low enough to be able to fade in combo.
    Now my question reguarding that is does having a port forward reduce that ping significantly? (I know the GM's "can't assist you with your request" when I asked about port forwarding)

So yes, skill isn't that hard to learn since most of it is the same no matter which class you play, just different applications of it. The ability to retarget well on the correct target (without 'z') is also a big factor and after asking some people that were good at it turned out that most of them played FPS games so they were used to the quick minute adjustments to keep their mouse on the target better than unskilled players like me.

However, if you don't have a good connection you can still excell. As FearNoTavi pointed out to me once (and it's very true),"the person that gets the most free hits in will win almost every time." By that he means that when their character gets knocked down, back, or stunned even just a small hit before they get up can greatly assist in your win so always use it to your advantage.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-24-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added fear's point

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    No disrespect for the ranged classes but...
    Sword classes have a harder time: timing fk (cd), pvping bladers or fb (if ur wa or whatever/using stab for examble)
    especially if we'r talking bm3 u can get a couple of shots on us before we even get close to u
    and even then with wa slow rate its hard to keep up (dash/fade in combo to catch up to target)
    so...yeah...u need more "skills" if ur a sword class

Quote Originally Posted by Sandulf View Post
    Sword classes have a harder time: timing fk (cd), pvping bladers or fb (if ur wa or whatever/using stab for examble)
    especially if we'r talking bm3 u can get a couple of shots on us before we even get close to u
    and even then with wa slow rate its hard to keep up (dash/fade in combo to catch up to target)
    Force Kick should only need to be used once :P
    hi im Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Sandulf View Post

Ok, I found this as an issue too when pvping fb's when they use skills that make u chase, like Assasinate.

If your combo is like charge (1 ~ 4 range) > impact stab ( 1 ~ 2) > fk ( 1 ~ 12 range) > rising shot (0 ~ 1 this is usually when they use skills like assasinate and you get downed and u messed up) > WW

I either replace the 1~0 filler with Seismic or Sword Quake as those two have good range to counter that as youre being forced to run with that darn skill.

I also struggle with some combo particularly dps when chasing. If youre a FA or WI, this will never be an issue because ranged skills are easy to hit. You'll get used to knowing what distance to stop and deliver an ranged attack and be assured its going to reach/hit your target

Melee however is kind of messy and I am a Warrior now. I started chasing people with 0 ~ 1, 1 ~ 2 and 1 ~ 4 skills like the fillers and that really a very stupid idea when you have your enemy fading and dashing.
    Its a waste of time and suicide - a messy process. xD

This is a chase on combo issue, so I tried to work it out and figured that Seismic and Quake and Cannon are good skills to DISABLE a target by knockdown and then thats when I use the dps combo.

The skill description can be misleading too btw. I dont know if I interpret it right but I have seen WhirlWind range at 1 ~ 7, Seismic at 1 ~ 5, SwordQuake at 1 ~ 4 yet if you use these skills in a dash on combo chase you'll notice that Seismic and Quake have better reach compared to WW. So whats up with that?
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 01-24-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast