Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Fps

Fps

Was checking out some stuff yesterday and I had no idea you can hit Ctrl+U to see the lil FPS thing. I was wondering is there anyway to get this number higher? I'm tired of lagging in NW. It usually runs 19-24 with other people on screen and 30-34 with less people and what not. Sometimes though it drops to like 10-13 x_X

I have DirectX 11 and Idk what else could probably help me run Cabal smoother with less lag when a bunch of stuff is going on, on screen.

Signature by me; Who else do you think made it?

Red-Osmium
    wuts ur gfx card?

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Edit - Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I use to run Cabal just fine in NW. x_X Idk what's changed that makes me lag.
    Last edited by Nex; 04-04-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Banned
    Check your current processes that you're running with Cabal o.o?

Looks like you are running integrated on board video instead of a separate graphics card. (nForce is a motherboard chipset with integrated graphics) On board is always slower and more choppy than a separate card mostly because it has no dedicated graphics memory of it's own, it shares system memory. The fact that it was running better before is most likely because GameGuard is taxing system resources a little more than xTrap was and you may be running other things that you weren't before. Things will be a lot smoother for everything with a dedicated graphics card.

Ahh, okay. Thanks Raven.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Looks like you are running integrated on board video instead of a separate graphics card. (nForce is a motherboard chipset with integrated graphics) On board is always slower and more choppy than a separate card mostly because it has no dedicated graphics memory of it's own, it shares system memory. The fact that it was running better before is most likely because GameGuard is taxing system resources a little more than xTrap was and you may be running other things that you weren't before. Things will be a lot smoother for everything with a dedicated graphics card.
    i have a thread about the same problem in the gameplay section, can you please explain this whole idea of "dedicated graphics card" please?

14x BL-11XFS-13xWI-12xWA-14xFB-14xFA
    Venus
    Co-Leader: Defiance