Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal on Virtualbox

Cabal on Virtualbox

Hello. I have a machine with linux and i want to play cabal on it. I have installed Oracle VM VirtualBox, installed a WinXp, and installed Cabal. When i execute cabal launcher, it says "Cannot download server info. Please Restart launcher." The machine has internet because i open pages normally, but cabal doesn't seem to connect.

It's there any solution, patch or configuration for this?

Thanks!

Setup VM

First, start the VM player’s install. The setup process is very easy, just follow all the steps and restart your computer when install finish.

After restart PC, you will find the VM player icon in the desktop. Run it. You will see the menu below

You should select the “Create a New Virtual Machine” option to go next
    Now you will see the image selection page. Help the program to locate where your windows ISO file is. Then click next

Next step, you need to input a valid windows product key (you can find many by Google search), and give a name to the windows account. In my case, I didn’t leave any password.

Now, VM player will ask you give a name to the Virtual Machine. Then ask you select the location of it. I suggest putting the location on disc which has lot of unused space.

In this step VM asking how big the space sizes you are willing to allocate. For me I just use the default setting on this step. It’s to set how many space you allocate to VM

Now your Virtual Machine starts install windows. While that progress you where informed about VMware Tools. You should download them. They can be useful. The install progress is automatic; there is nothing to do for you, so just wait it done its work.

After you windows in VM setup, now you need to copy you cabal client in to the VM. Simply drag the client folder in to the VM’s disc space. And wait for it finish. For MaxCabal, you can use the same way copy from
    your computer or download one in VM.
    Now you can try the dual client. Or you can repeat this way to have more clients. Beware that both VM and Game guard will consume a lot of resource. So in order to run more clients, you will definitely need a powerful PC (Especially on CPU and RAM). Also I suggest turning off all game effect to save computer resources.

Possible Problems
    Some user will encounter Game Guard Detected in VM. Below are solutions to avoid GG detects in VM
    1. Find the location of your VM folder, use txt reader to open the file end up with “vmx”. For example, my VM system name is VM1, so I use txt reader to open the file “vm1.vmx”

Add follow command at the end of the lines:

monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"

2. When you open VM player, select to edit the settings of the virtual machine, go inside “Processors” option, and select the rules “Disable acceleration for binary translation”

3. Entry virtual machine once, try to disable all unnecessary process, like windows auto update, windows system restore monitor… etc, then turn off the virtual machine. Then use txt reader to open the “vmx” file which mentioned in step 1, add following codes in it.

isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "TRUE"
    isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "TRUE"
    isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "TRUE"
    isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_directexec = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_chksimd = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_ntreloc = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_selfmod = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_reloc = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_btinout = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_btmemspace = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_btpriv = "TRUE"
    monitor_control.disable_btseg = "TRUE"

Computer encounters slow respond/lag
    Suggest setting the Virtual Machine at least with dual processor, and 2G RAM. The Game Guard really eat a lot of the computer resource.

that will get you going