Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: 27 skills but only 18 slots!!!

Shadow Titanium

27 skills but only 18 slots!!!

I don't get it...before the update, every class had 20+ slots each for sword and magic....now they consolidate the skills into one category and at the same time cut back to 18 slots....WHY?

I mean on all my characters (except blader), my skills are like 27/18...which means If there are any new skills to learn or some changes to other skills that I didn't have which make them useful to buy, I would have to dump 9, 10 or 11 of my current skills before I have room to add another skill and won't be able to get them back afterwards.

I just think they should have at least still given us 25 slots...we shouldn't have to dump 9 - 11 skills...oh and then you still have to pay to dump the skills LOL...didn't have to do that in the old system...in fact, that's something I think they should get rid of....what does paying to delevel or drop your skills do to help the game at all?

On the good side, I guess with fixed cooldowns and cast times (at the old level 9 values) with level 20 damage will let us spam our most powerful attacks more and need less fillers...so maybe we won't need 18 skills....but I know FB will still need a lot of skills simply because of all the different things the classes gains for having a crap load of different skills....cannons to buff BM, lances for range attacking when your rooted, all the debuffs skills..etc.

Just feels like I'm forced to down scale my arsenal of attacks, making me rotate the same few attacks with every character...one thing I like about FB was all their attacks were useful and I had enough slots to get all but the 2 useless sword attacks.

Anyone else disappointed at the scale back on number of slots for attack skills?

oh and one other thing, what's with the permanent buff aura's? If I wanted to take a screeny of my avatar without the buff aura, I can't now

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    I don't get it...before the update, every class had 20+ slots each for sword and magic....now they consolidate the skills into one category and at the same time cut back to 18 slots....WHY?
    Because, instead of having Sword/Magic categories, where you'd fill up your Sword and have a practically empty Magic or vice/versa, we have Offense/Support categories where you can use almost all the slots for both

Example: Aod, dash, and fade aren't dumped into the same category as impact stab, sg, etc.

And you no longer need one of those 27 or w/e slots for your buffs because most of them are passive.
    Last edited by Peaches; 03-07-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Is there an option in settings for the auto-buff on/off?

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Is there an option in settings for the auto-buff on/off?
    go to option > game > skill animation (top right corner)

Banned
    It doesn't matter,skills no longer have cool downs dependent on level...it's canned spam combos from now on
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 03-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    It doesn't matter,skills no longer have cool downs dependent on level...it's canned spam combos from now on
    This is what I realized after doing some fighting...seems due to the cooldowns and cast times, I only have to spam 2 or 3 skills for every class...how sad is that....when your two best skills can be cast over and over with level 20 damage potential, then no reason to use any other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Because, instead of having Sword/Magic categories, where you'd fill up your Sword and have a practically empty Magic or vice/versa, we have Offense/Support categories where you can use almost all the slots for both

Example: Aod, dash, and fade aren't dumped into the same category as impact stab, sg, etc.

And you no longer need one of those 27 or w/e slots for your buffs because most of them are passive.
    I think you misunderstand what I was saying....before I realized that you only need to spam a couple of skills now, I was referring to the fact that after these buffs and attacks are separated, I still have 27 skills....whereas before the update, I only had like 21 sword skills and maybe 7 or 8 magic skills.

For FB, I had the 4 elmental cannons (fire, ice, wind, earth) for BM buffing and 3 or 4 lances that I used in various combos....then I had like 21 or so sword skills.....when they combined attack skills, it put all the sword and magic attack skills under the attack tab...but then they decreased the maximum amount of slots you can have for attacks (down from 21 to 18)...so now I have 27 attacks (not including buffs). So removing the buffs to their own sub-category meant nothing.

Now as I said, at first look and not realizing that you only need to spam a few attacks now (no real need for fillers unless you just want their debuff effects), I was kind of concerned that I was losing 9 to 11 skills (that's how many I would have to untrain to get other abilities that I didn't have, such as shield charge for FS for the suppression effect), but some of those skills I would have to untrain where part of my attack rotations in combo's for both PVE and PVP...such as the little skills like IS, RS and such.

But after further review, I see no need to use as many fillers anymore because by the time I use filler skills, my main hard hitting skills are cooled down now and ready to go again....btw, this is not just concerning FB...I just talk about FB because they are the one class that NEEDS both magic and sword skills as they have use for nearly every single attack skills they have (magic for buffs, sword attacks for debuffs..etc).

As for the 4 cannons for BM buffing , by raising them above level 1, I noticed they still affect your enhanter buffs values....so in that case, it makes sense that if I untrain them, I wouldn't get the buffing benefits for when I use enchanter BM.....and that tells me that they are not just passive because if they were, then they'd be in the special tab with the other passive abilities.
    Last edited by Davynelord; 03-07-2013 at 06:53 PM.