Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Z target removal for mobs

thanks cabal people... arcane trace was hard enough in shineguard.... now without the Z key I can't level anymore period

i have no money to buy forci gear or the ext needed to make forci fit...

when you update you always manage to do something to make the game difficult .. but this time i really believe you messed it up for me at least...
    Last edited by 4Mashiah; 03-09-2013 at 07:53 AM.

RedOsmium
    I don't actually the problem with removing z retarget for mobs. It can make life a bit more difficult for some people, but I almost always used a mouse for clicking mobs. It's much better, as clicking different mobs can affect how many mobs you actually hit from your aoe. To everyone complaining: learn to use a mouse properly, it's better in the long run.

You people are really being dumb. The developers even said before this update was released that the balancing wasn't going to be comlete yet and it's still in progress. They already know it'll be uneven for awhile, but they are working on it.

If you can't grind without the 'Z' targeting, then that's not the game's problem. There are plenty of people that grinded the old slow way manually clicking from lvl 1-170. Quit complaining. If you can't adapt to changes, then quit. Simply put.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    If you can't grind without the 'Z' targeting, then that's not the game's problem. There are plenty of people that grinded the old slow way manually clicking from lvl 1-170. Quit complaining. If you can't adapt to changes, then quit. Simply put.
    +1

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    No, what I'm saying is instead of focusing on taking features away to deter hacker/cheaters, do something else that doesn't affect the legit players....if indeed they did take away auto target because of botting, then my point is it was a bad move because that won't stop botting at all...it just makes more work for people that don't bot, yet the botters will still be botting even without auto-targeting.

So basically, they need to do more policing of the game and less feature changes because cheaters/hackers can't circumvent policing like they can feature changes. There's a difference in botting when someone sees you compared to how a person can write a program that can circumvent auto-retarget and still allow you to auto-target even though the game doesn't give you that feature.

For instance, most games don't give you wall hacks, but people make programs that allow them to see through walls....so if cabal doesn't give you an auto-target feature, a programmer can still create their own auto-target feature for when they bot.
    Before they had the 'z' targeting, there were already hardware-based cabal bots (dedicated mouse) that does it, no need for macro keyboards. As for clicking mobs, its a pain to try to go back again to pointing with the cursor. Its is kinda hard to point and retarget when you have the special lighting effects that kinda obscure the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Lol, wa's are back to slow-mo mode with the scythe. The retarget was the great equalizer for its otherwise suxy dps. And BL's claws out-dps even an Fa's guns. But not anymore. Another useless feature now...the bm2 (in pve).
    noob detected. bm 2 retarget is not gona u can use escape key to retarget
    *Removed by GM* Troll on the loose

Quote Originally Posted by modem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    True. But with only the mouse to retarget the boss, it'd be back to lose-mouse-normal, or 3 input all in succession.
    i believe i had that covered...l2read

Quote Originally Posted by modem View Post
    When I first did retarget the esc key wasn't always working great. Then I discovered select self. It worked gaster for me since esc didn't always deselect when I pressed it. It also lets you retarget with windows open not using esc. It may have been I had a bad keyboard though.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mashiah View Post
    thanks cabal people... arcane trace was hard enough in shineguard.... now without the Z key I can't level anymore period

i have no money to buy forci gear or the ext needed to make forci fit...

when you update you always manage to do something to make the game difficult .. but this time i really believe you messed it up for me at least...
    If you know how to play, having z-target vs not having z-target should be ZERO difference.

If you can't level up, dont blame it on your gear and not being able to buy forci or extend gear. Just learn how to click on a mob with your mouse...

Making enough alz for epic gears would take dozens/hundreds/thousands of hours. Practicing using your mouse is something you can do in 15 minutes.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

So far it looks like there are about 10 in favor of z targeting and 9 that don't feel it needs to be brought back.

I played cabal before z target as well and after 4 days of update it really isn't giving me that much trouble. I agree with Konakona that finding a new mob to click amidst all the special effects from our attacks can be a pain in the butt.

However, having z target is not about "being lazy" as some of you old timers claim. For some of us it is convenience, pure and simple - that is not a negative thing as you seem to be making it. z target definitely made the game less challenging to find a new mob to hit and to do bl 2 claw for instance, and a lot of us liked that. Doesn't mean we are lazy, just means we don't see the point of making the game a pain in the butt, esp when they left z target in for a year and a half or whatever.

When it comes down to it, people have different opinions and it looks like they are pretty evenly split.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast