Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Z target removal for mobs

Shadow Titanium
    i agree with you im grinding in pi with the demonic and its so annoying now i mean grinding was always boring but now it just like id rather shot my self than do this! but yea i vote we bring back z re target.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrel21 View Post
    Whose stupid idea was it to remove this function? Please, people post here and let est know that removing this feature is one of the dumbest things they have ever done!

I can't think of another game I have played that did not have a feature that let you target a mob and scroll through the mobs by repeatedly clicking the same button.

What possible logical reason is there for removing this feature?

Really annyoing now without the retargeting on mobs now! Most the time i like to use my laptop to play and trying to click mobs with the finger touch mouse pad nearly impossible to play now. Who knows maybe they will bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixie View Post
    Really annyoing now without the retargeting on mobs now! Most the time i like to use my laptop to play and trying to click mobs with the finger touch mouse pad nearly impossible to play now. Who knows maybe they will bring it back.
    I played with the track pad for about a year before i got a mouse. After a few moths of playing with my mouse i tried playing with the track pad again and im like how the hell did i play before?

Shadow Titanium
    OMG, when will developers learn that just like crime in real life, you can't win the battle with those that cheat and do wrong, you only slow them down for a moment until they figure out how to beat what you put in place to deter them...truth be told, anyone that knows the slightest bit about programming can figure out a way around auto-retarget being taken out. Heck I'm just a novice programmer and with enough reading on the internet, I could produce a program that could auto-target mobs and players for me at the push of a button. So if that was their motivation (to stop botting/macro/cheaters), then they have no clue how stupid of a decision that is....it won't stop the cheaters or botters, it will just alienate legit players who believe that auto-target is or should be a basic feature....because really, there isn't a game I play today that doesn't have auto targeting and they don't have near the problems with cheating and botters that cabal has....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    OMG, when will developers learn that just like crime in real life, you can't win the battle with those that cheat and do wrong, you only slow them down for a moment until they figure out how to beat what you put in place to deter them...truth be told, anyone that knows the slightest bit about programming can figure out a way around auto-retarget being taken out. Heck I'm just a novice programmer and with enough reading on the internet, I could produce a program that could auto-target mobs and players for me at the push of a button. So if that was their motivation (to stop botting/macro/cheaters), then they have no clue how stupid of a decision that is....it won't stop the cheaters or botters, it will just alienate legit players who believe that auto-target is or should be a basic feature....because really, there isn't a game I play today that doesn't have auto targeting and they don't have near the problems with cheating and botters that cabal has....
    Wait.. what... So based on your logic we should just let them do what they want without any resistance cause they're going to get by anyways? That's ludacris Lol...

Ive played my share of video games p2w/f2p and it doesn't matter what game you're playing there's going to be hackers. Every single game ive played has had hackers. Cabal compared to other games hardly has hackers. It mainly has spammers and every so often you'll bump into a hacker @ war for a few weeks then poof they get banned.

If removing auto target annoys hackers by the slightest bit then im all for it har har . Lets put them hackers to work! Time for them to build a knew program ^^!

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarh View Post
    Wait.. what... So based on your logic we should just let them do what they want without any resistance cause they're going to get by anyways? That's ludacris Lol...

Ive played my share of video games p2w/f2p and it doesn't matter what game you're playing there's going to be hackers. Every single game ive played has had hackers. Cabal compared to other games hardly has hackers. It mainly has spammers and every so often you'll bump into a hacker @ war for a few weeks then poof they get banned.

If removing auto target annoys hackers by the slightest bit then im all for it har har . Lets put them hackers to work! Time for them to build a knew program ^^!
    No, what I'm saying is instead of focusing on taking features away to deter hacker/cheaters, do something else that doesn't affect the legit players....if indeed they did take away auto target because of botting, then my point is it was a bad move because that won't stop botting at all...it just makes more work for people that don't bot, yet the botters will still be botting even without auto-targeting.

So basically, they need to do more policing of the game and less feature changes because cheaters/hackers can't circumvent policing like they can feature changes. There's a difference in botting when someone sees you compared to how a person can write a program that can circumvent auto-retarget and still allow you to auto-target even though the game doesn't give you that feature.

For instance, most games don't give you wall hacks, but people make programs that allow them to see through walls....so if cabal doesn't give you an auto-target feature, a programmer can still create their own auto-target feature for when they bot.
    Last edited by Davynelord; 03-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Bots are still out there w/wo Z target. this removal seems useless zzZ

Lol, wa's are back to slow-mo mode with the scythe. The retarget was the great equalizer for its otherwise suxy dps. And BL's claws out-dps even an Fa's guns. But not anymore. Another useless feature now...the bm2 (in pve).

I sent in a ticket to the help desk asking about the reason for removing z target for mobs. As usual the response was very polite and I appreciate that they answered so quickly, even if I still don't agree with it, lol. Anyway here is the response I got:

They felt that this was necessary to curve the logical progression and difficulty of the game. CABAL is founded on the basis of a high action combat system.

BF3 showcases some events where singular targeting in a hostile environment is essential to survival and completing the encounter. It's really the type of mechanic that sets player skill tiers apart from one.

I'm certain that this feature will not be changed without further data collection. I can make a note of it for you, however, please be aware that it will take sufficient reasoning to warrant another change.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Your continued support is greatly appreciated. Should you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at the Help Desk.

Regards,
    Game Master Ballade

It appears that it will take a lot of us letting them know that we want it back for it ever to come back. From Ballade's answer though est's logic/reason for taking it out is based on a lot of thought about what is best for the game and for them to bring it back they need to be convinced that there is a good reason to do so.

Also note there isn't anything said about slowing down botters; I have to agree with DavyneLord on this point, z target or no z target there will always be botters.

Hmm, I tried dungeoning and I've gotten so used to auto targeting that I keep trying to do it, like a reflex >.>

That habit is gonna take a while to break...
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast