Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I'm willing to bet 80% of QQ-ers have only started playing within the last 2 years. Anyone older than that have dealt with changes enough to just shrug it off and learn to adapt. I'll repeat what I said in another thread: If you can't adapt, then quit.
    With the new updates, do YOU still think you're as good as you were in the previous update in nation war/ pvp? Are wizards still good for war for the "average-skilled" player?

I went ic2 just yesterday and it seems about the same. Mobs hit me a little harder but not by a lot. You should be hitting hard too which means easier vamp, or less hp % steal required.

Btw pre-update I had about 950 defense and now i have about 1550. And I'm over 180.

If you're only lv.140 and have as much defense as me, I don't think you should be complaining that anything is too hard lol.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I went ic2 just yesterday and it seems about the same. Mobs hit me a little harder but not by a lot. You should be hitting hard too which means easier vamp, or less hp % steal required.

Btw pre-update I had about 950 defense and now i have about 1550. And I'm over 180.

If you're only lv.140 and have as much defense as me, I don't think you should be complaining that anything is too hard lol.
    How much hp% steal do you have and how much hp steal per hit do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeGod View Post
    How much hp% steal do you have and how much hp steal per hit do you have?
    114 hp steal per hit.

I hit 6k-7k on a noncrit (about 4-5k before update).

I have 4% hp steal, and i needed 3-4 pre-update, but now that we hit harder I only need 2%.

These are the vamp-stats I've had for the last year and a half. I did tons of ic2 pre-update, and I did a few ic2 after update just fine...
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    114 hp steal per hit.

I hit 6k-7k on a noncrit (about 4-5k before update).

I have 4% hp steal, and i needed 3-4 pre-update, but now that we hit harder I only need 2%.

These are the vamp-stats I've had for the last year and a half. I did tons of ic2 pre-update, and I did a few ic2 after update just fine...
    Alright thanks, i think i'll aim for these stats to, once im decently geared...
    On another note, how do you feel in war? Better or worse?

lol
    Why I can survival with my 1107 defend in MO.

I think i read somewhere that the lvl of the char also has something to do with dmg you take.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeGod View Post
    With the new updates, do YOU still think you're as good as you were in the previous update in nation war/ pvp? Are wizards still good for war for the "average-skilled" player?
    I would say my skill ability is the same. I would say my character abilities are the same. Sounds like the war changes reduced the always Bringer WA's + WI's a bit eh? Still got those FS to fix though. Now that normally high scoring wi and wa can't kill and wreck havok as easily bcs they can't tank the same, they are QQ-ing. WI never were supposed to be albe to withstand hits as well as they could. They're a high hitting, low def, ranged class. So no, the Avg-skiled players shouldn't be able to take bringer and be a top scorer easily, else they're not avg.

Is that so hard a concept?

Quote Originally Posted by brusky View Post
    I think i read somewhere that the lvl of the char also has something to do with dmg you take.
    Yes, it's supposed to be def = -X% dmg based on your level. There's some form of algorithm that probably says the higher you are, the less % bonus each def is worth. It's similar to how Guild Wars 2 is that when you get higher level, your stats are worth a little bit less so you require more of it.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 03-12-2013 at 12:12 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I'm willing to bet 80% of QQ-ers have only started playing within the last 2 years. Anyone older than that have dealt with changes enough to just shrug it off and learn to adapt. I'll repeat what I said in another thread: If you can't adapt, then quit.
    I know right! I feel like I'm, the only newbie who isn't complaining about this update.

-sent from Android, please excuse errors
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Shadow Titanium
    I know that WI is VERY squishy compared to before the update and this is only emphasized more once you've played other tankier classes...but really the name of the game is ADJUST....that's right, change your stats, gear and tactics....if you can't tank, then kite or hit and run or vamp like crazy or fight less mobs at once..etc.

The big fail in people that are struggling is that they are trying to play the old way in a new system...if you change the rules of the game, you can't expect to get the same results by playing the same way you use to...so change and adapt...if you need help with that, then seek out someone you respect and that will give you the help you need...crying and begging the devs to make WI tougher won't go over well with people (especially veteran players).

I'm a vet player, do I think WI is trash defensively now? YES! But I'm trying to adjust to things...should the devs give WI some defensive love in the future, then I'll adjust again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast