Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ server merges

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    ^ I like that. Sadly I think it would be way too complex for EST to care enough and do it
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Great suggestion. Unfortunately, it's too complicated. The time it will take to actually have that created and implemented would be pass due the time we wish complete the server merge.
    You hit the nail on the head Abi.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    omg ppl seriously stop with the suggestions...like seriouslt 15 pages with suggestions about the name crap.....
    theres only 1 suggestion, let every1 keep their fcking name and just give a rename card to the globals coming if u cant then screw it and just rename when the merg is over.if some1 takes ur name cuz GMs were completely stupid to actually care wut ppl think then learn to deal with it or just quit this game and move on.
    if the merger is a fake then GM Lorkan is the most pathetic gm of all for posting something like this and making ppl go crazy and sh1z,i think theres a limit for aprils fools joke tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    omg ppl seriously stop with the suggestions...like seriouslt 15 pages with suggestions about the name crap.....
    theres only 1 suggestion, let every1 keep their fcking name and just give a rename card to the globals coming if u cant then screw it and just rename when the merg is over.if some1 takes ur name cuz GMs were completely stupid to actually care wut ppl think then learn to deal with it or just quit this game and move on.
    if the merger is a fake then GM Lorkan is the most pathetic gm of all for posting something like this and making ppl go crazy and sh1z,i think theres a limit for aprils fools joke tho.
    You need to calm down and read. I've mentioned it multiple times. This is not an April Fool's Joke, the server merge will occur and more info about it will be provided in due time.

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option.

Banned
    You need to calm down and read. I've mentioned it multiple times. This is not an April Fool's Joke, the server merge will occur and more info about it will be provided in due time.

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option.
    2 question;
    1:how are you guys going to manage the fake names,hacking and scamming coming up?so far every1 knows each other cuz of their names and i am 100% sure LOTS of ppl are gonna steal names and do lot of things.
    2:why is "EST" taking away ppl`s rights to keep their original names?i mean the border jumpers are the ones coming so shouldnt they be the ones with the rename cards?like this is our server am i right?when the globals first came nothing of this was going to happen;so why be so selfish about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    2 question;
    1:how are you guys going to manage the fake names,hacking and scamming coming up?so far every1 knows each other cuz of their names and i am 100% sure LOTS of ppl are gonna steal names and do lot of things.
    2:why is "EST" taking away ppl`s rights to keep their original names?i mean the border jumpers are the ones coming so shouldnt they be the ones with the rename cards?like this is our server am i right?when the globals first came nothing of this was going to happen;so why be so selfish about it?
    You need to learn how to read.

" CABAL Latin American players will have their own server." - CABAL Notice http://www.cabal.com/Notice/Detail?boardIdx=2844

Buddy list
    • Buddy list will remain
    • Buddy list will reflect the name changes
    • Characters deleted due to limited character slots will be removed from the buddy list

Fake names? What fake names? All the names of each players are real. Whoever acquires the name is the new owner of that name. If you happen to gave out your items/alz or whatever it is to some random person with a name you thought you knew, then that's just your fault.

Hacking? Scamming? I don't even understand how those became a part of a server merge between Mercury and Venus.

Taking your rights? We can't take what you do not have.
    Last edited by [GM] Lorkan; 04-02-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Titanium
    GM Lorkan: "That logic is still a bit flawed.

What if an inactive account on a different server had that name and that character was created first?

What if it's an alt character? Do you still have the right or the other person has the right to keep the character name?

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option."

I don't know how to quote from previous posts.

You said what EST planned is the best possible option: That means that anyone can get any name on first come first basis: The flaw in that it can affect ANYONE, as any players can lose the name they played with for years by others who will take their name if they log on first and grab the name.

What the players suggested: Give priority to players based on created Dates to choose to decide to Keep or to Change their name. This is flawed like you mentioned above BUT it ONLY applies to players with the same name. While what EST suggest can affect EVERYONE. I don't see how that is the best possible option.

Secondly, If the priority person decides to change the name, the other player with the same would still keep their name and both party is happy.

With regards to inactive accounts, those players with same name could be notified via email 1 week prior to the update and reply if they want to keep or change their name. If they don't reply due to inactiveness, then it is their fault, then the other player gets priority.

With regards to an ALT character, it is still the player's right to keep that name should they created first. I'm sure everyone has alternative characters in this game and may still be active with that alt. I myself play 4 differently characters actively. So alternative character should not be an issue. With the email notification for priority characters having the same name, the players would need to reply back to keep or change their name. I'm sure some of us are considerate enough to change an alt character's name that we no longer player anymore. I'm sure some of us are even wanting to change our name even if we get priority, so the other player would benefit should we decide to change our character name. And the rest of the players who doesn't share a same name can just keep their name. Why give them a free name change (more beneficial for EST to make money from rename cards)?

Another thing, alternative characters under level 20 are 99% only used for extra storage room. So it doesn't matter if they change their name or not. I got a few characters named Upgradecoremedium,Upgradecorehighest. I don't really care if those needs to be changed.

I would be grate if you consider what I say and bring it up in the meeting GM Lorkan.

All I'm gonna say is that this was very lousy on the PR side.

Announcing something like this when the details aren't fully sorted out? No date? No name for the new server? Especially just before April's 1st? eeeeeeh.... lack of professionalism there. But I'll forgive. I know what it's like when your boss gives you really short notices.

Funnily enough, the name thing isn't much of a big deal to me. The fact I had full storages and characters being used as "mules" on both servers is what gets to me.

Put it this way : I have to delete 2 characters from Venus. My storage is full. My characters inventories are full. What do I do with the items in those 2 character inventories so I can delete those 2 BEFORE merge?

That's why I was requesting a free Warehouse BB, BEFORE merge, to help with the inventory issue. I've already broken a lot of items I would not have had there been no merge and sold them for more alz than what I got out of the materials.

Banned
    I welcome it...venus is dead,But can you re-institute the trade channel?,It worked great for other things like GVGs and SS's too

As for the new server name?...let's keep it in tradition with Cabal O and call it Saturn or Neptune

Taking your rights? We can't take what you do not have.
    lol,I have the right to be disappointed with my drops,You can take that right away
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 04-02-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Forcium
    yes, the cabal population of 200 people want your name when you're not important

ITT: people who don't matter worrying about their names being taken

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    All I'm gonna say is that this was very lousy on the PR side.

Announcing something like this when the details aren't fully sorted out? No date? No name for the new server? Especially just before April's 1st? eeeeeeh.... lack of professionalism there. But I'll forgive. I know what it's like when your boss gives you really short notices.

Funnily enough, the name thing isn't much of a big deal to me. The fact I had full storages and characters being used as "mules" on both servers is what gets to me.

Put it this way : I have to delete 2 characters from Venus. My storage is full. My characters inventories are full. What do I do with the items in those 2 character inventories so I can delete those 2 BEFORE merge?

That's why I was requesting a free Warehouse BB, BEFORE merge, to help with the inventory issue. I've already broken a lot of items I would not have had there been no merge and sold them for more alz than what I got out of the materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moji View Post
    GM Lorkan: "That logic is still a bit flawed.

What if an inactive account on a different server had that name and that character was created first?

What if it's an alt character? Do you still have the right or the other person has the right to keep the character name?

In fact all the possible options has been discussed in our last meeting. Unfortunately, what we had planned is still the best possible option."

I don't know how to quote from previous posts.

You said what EST planned is the best possible option: That means that anyone can get any name on first come first basis: The flaw in that it can affect ANYONE, as any players can lose the name they played with for years by others who will take their name if they log on first and grab the name.

What the players suggested: Give priority to players based on created Dates to choose to decide to Keep or to Change their name. This is flawed like you mentioned above BUT it ONLY applies to players with the same name. While what EST suggest can affect EVERYONE. I don't see how that is the best possible option.

Secondly, If the priority person decides to change the name, the other player with the same would still keep their name and both party is happy.

With regards to inactive accounts, those players with same name could be notified via email 1 week prior to the update and reply if they want to keep or change their name. If they don't reply due to inactiveness, then it is their fault, then the other player gets priority.

With regards to an ALT character, it is still the player's right to keep that name should they created first. I'm sure everyone has alternative characters in this game and may still be active with that alt. I myself play 4 differently characters actively. So alternative character should not be an issue. With the email notification for priority characters having the same name, the players would need to reply back to keep or change their name. I'm sure some of us are considerate enough to change an alt character's name that we no longer player anymore. I'm sure some of us are even wanting to change our name even if we get priority, so the other player would benefit should we decide to change our character name. And the rest of the players who doesn't share a same name can just keep their name. Why give them a free name change (more beneficial for EST to make money from rename cards)?

Another thing, alternative characters under level 20 are 99% only used for extra storage room. So it doesn't matter if they change their name or not. I got a few characters named Upgradecoremedium,Upgradecorehighest. I don't really care if those needs to be changed.

I would be grate if you consider what I say and bring it up in the meeting GM Lorkan.
    This pretty much ends the thread for any suggestions:

Great suggestion. Unfortunately, it's too complicated.
    From the point of view of the people who look over the merge, deleting everyones names and then auto-mailing everyone a rename card is the easiest/fastest thing to do
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast