Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ server merges

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Suggestion: A way to keep our names

GMs please put this into consideration. I wanna keep my name just as badly as the others, and when the merge happens other players might be busy at the time so they can't be as quick to change their name like the others. When our chars, for example my character "Lucifer" in Venus is the only character named Lucifer who is active, because I don't think there is anyone in merc who even plays with the name Lucifer. They either quit the game or lost in OGp. So my suggestion is to go on help desk to send a message to keep our character name because the one on the other server doesn't even play anymore. Why get your name changed into a temporary one when you're the only who plays it on the whole Cabal community? For names characters like for example, XI who only plays in mercury and there is no XI in Venus, they can keep their name because of that.
    dude! LOL
    i am not kidding,some1 in my guild was saying something about renaming to Lucifer too.kakaka

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    dude! LOL
    i am not kidding,some1 in my guild was saying something about renaming to Lucifer too.kakaka
    NO! >:O I must be the one and only!!! I already have a FB named Lucifer here in venus

Forcium
    lol rip 3 and 2 letter names

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    lol rip 3 and 2 letter names
    Kinda unfair to those people though lol, getting their unique 2/3 letter names reduced to thinking of a new one xD or they will add X's o's in the beggining or end of their names

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    They merged the server months after OBT/Launch. The names players acquired were reserved as part of their "OBT/CBT/Founder" Perk. I read stuff, so I know.

Regarding any concerns about the server merge. We will be collecting any major concerns and will try to provide a possible solution.

Let's keep the conversation constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I can send a suggestion about a server merge from another game I played that had one. They simply added -East or -West to your name depending on which server you were from. Then it's not a first come first grab thing. A similar thing like that can be done. Even a simply -V or -M for Venus and Merc ONLY for all repeated names. I would say for guilds, the guild with a higher score should keep their name, while the other has the added sub-fix.
    I have seen this done successfully on other sites who merged. They just add a hyphen or under score along with a prefix usually the server abbreviation to the player's name.
    Now for those who wish to keep thier name or change it to something else. This was the solution I seen on other site mergers:
    The site would add a name change tab on the web site login. This tab would only appear after you accessed your account and allow you to choose any one of your character's name you wish to keep or change or even augment by deleting the prefix added to the name.

As for guilds well that one is a tough one because every merge I have witnessed they just deleted the guilds and players had to recreate them. Which is a terrible solution. I think Tomaboy's idea says it best keep them by date creation if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Diehards that want their original name can buy a name card (for limited time on sale 20% off kinda thing). That way ESTsoft Inc. can make money still and be happy, and players not be As mad.Just an idea.
    This is a bad idea because you are asking EST to take advantage of its community while we have to deal with something most of us did not ask or ever request. There by forcing its community to spend USD on a decision EST made when there are better solution.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Forcium
    off topic but #1 in ladder rankings is me get @ me everyone
    http://i50.tinypic.com/30d8dpd.png
    Last edited by Sprite; 03-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Am I the only one happy they can change all the char names they made as a 12 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by truely false View Post
    This is a bad idea because you are asking EST to take advantage of its community while we have to deal with something most of us did not ask or ever request. There by forcing its community to spend USD on a decision EST made when there are better solution.
    You're saying that EST hasn't been doing that for 2.5 years now with the introduction of Bronze Vouchers? As for a fact, there are tons of ppl that have been asking about this for well over a year. It's a simple matter of how it was to go about in actually doing it. A merge ALWAYS will involve something that forces players to do something that they don't want. When we were forced to merge Global Cabal we didn't have a choice, but we adapted to it. The global players lost a lot of stuff from errors and never were reimbursed.

You know as well as anyone that players will steal other's names simply to be an @$$. It's been done before many times. A simple add of 2 characters is not THAT big a change then changing EVERYONE's name to auto names (PlayerXXXXXX). They could do that AND still give TEMPORARY name cards.

Alternatively they could say the older creation date of the two names keeps the name while the merger has the temp name+ name card.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

nothing to say. Happy april fool's day )

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    No they thought it was real that's why they sold their gears and transmuted lol like rats jumping off of Titanic
    Wow that feels like so long ago. I remember that tho lol people were upgrading their gear and broke a load of stuff thinking the game was done hahaha!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast