Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ server merges

Banned
    umm quick question....
    am i the only1 thinking this is an april`s fools joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    umm quick question....
    I'm hoping it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    umm quick question....
    Quote Originally Posted by Faowin View Post
    I'm hoping it is.
    This is the responce from Lorkan as you can see its no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    I believe the server merge is not up for debate.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Repeated for (most) relevance:

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    Well name changes aren't a issue for me...I've never had an issue of someone else having them in any game I've ever played in my life (that's roughly 15 or so years worth a online gaming, so is saying a lot about how unique my character names are).

The part I don't like about the merge is the huge possibility of lag and overpopulated channels. So unless the channel capacity becomes bigger or EST some how streamlines the data sent back and forth, kinda like they did not long ago for faster loading times, then this merge may mark my last days in cabal because more people equal more lag and more data being sent back and forth...so if you don't have fios or something good like that, there will be a bunch of net congestion and lag spikes...I know because venus once produced such performance back in OGP days when it was very heavily populated.

Also, on a minor, yet more selfish note...it would likely mean the end of easy to find boss hunting....on venus I can log on and just channel hop and kill every boss on nearly every map...this won't be possible with a bigger population...you'd be lucky to find one boss alive per month LOL.

ON a good note, hopefully the prices of things will get better....more population means more supply and thus demand should drop somewhat making things less pricey....since rarity is what make things get listed for 5 bil...having more supply on things should theoretically bring prices down. Cabal is in desperate need of a better economy...in my opinion, it's the worst of all MMO's I've played...pricing is just ridiculous and often outrageous in cabal.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by ieatfacebook View Post
    and 1 more thing when the merges going to happen
    I'm guessing, it won't be until after the Beginner's event on April 17th (actually that event isolated the 170-179)
    or it will be on April 1...when the hoax is revealed lol

It could be a joke, however, when I was talking to GM Lorkan last year about a server merge idea he told me his idea: Create a new server non-transferable and merge venus and mercury. The problem was that they can't not have 2 servers and a brand new empty server to start a clean slate couldn't have enough incentive for players to use it. Some people may remember me asking them in a personal survey about it. The idea of having the Latin-American server merge into is an alternative to the blank server. We already have had a spanish section of the forums for awhile so integration for them shouldn't be hard. Whether the new server would be x-ferable to or not is unknown, but for a certain duration probably wouldn't. I could see this as actually happening tbh. The reason for the deletes of lower lvs if too many is bcs they would have to ask the devs to program a code to allow more than 6, which would probably take an extra few months and L-A probably ends their contract b4 that would finish. so easier on the companies to do all at once.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Aside from z target do gm evne listen to suggestions ;(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    It could be a joke, however, when I was talking to GM Lorkan last year about a server merge idea he told me his idea: Create a new server non-transferable and merge venus and mercury. The problem was that they can't not have 2 servers and a brand new empty server to start a clean slate couldn't have enough incentive for players to use it. Some people may remember me asking them in a personal survey about it. The idea of having the Latin-American server merge into is an alternative to the blank server. We already have had a spanish section of the forums for awhile so integration for them shouldn't be hard. Whether the new server would be x-ferable to or not is unknown, but for a certain duration probably wouldn't. I could see this as actually happening tbh. The reason for the deletes of lower lvs if too many is bcs they would have to ask the devs to program a code to allow more than 6, which would probably take an extra few months and L-A probably ends their contract b4 that would finish. so easier on the companies to do all at once.
    lol i gotta admit i remember you saying that in guild when u where in merc. but the reason that makes me think it is a joke is the way they are putting it...like for example
    the names: if u ask me this is mainly our server so the ppl with the temp rename card should be them not us.
    the guilds:it is really stupid to set it up that way pretty much the same issue with the char names tbh.
    guild emblems:"If there are guild emblems, it should be changed afterwards" does this means guild leaders will have to send another emblem pic?
    overall if u ask me it is set up kinda messed up and Gms not taking into consideration ppl`s suggestions and concerns and are not even answering to us.every1 knows NA GMs are not that awesome but this merger thing should be work LOT more.
    to me they just posted something random for aprils fools day.and aint lorkan the troll gm?

name the new server Moon or Asteroid, planets are overated

7 Rename cards will be provided and account bound right?
    IGN: Angel

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast