Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confuse about Root Effect of Lance Drive

Shadow Titanium

Confuse about Root Effect of Lance Drive

The update review of Ep 9 Rising Force (http://www.cabal.com/UpdateReview/Read/Rising-Force) says that:

- When Root is in effect, afflicted character CANNOT MOVE or use skills related to movement (dash/blink/fade step, I suppose).

- Lance Drive has 70% chance to root for 5 seconds (Lance Drive is the special skill of WA's BM2).

In battle mission, when I have to chase my opponents, I use Lance Drive, and why they still... walk away? (they don't dash anymore, I can knock them down, that's why I am sure that the Root effect is working).

Waiting for the scythe to come back to my hands and approaching my opponent (still walking) most likely take... 3 to 4 seconds, I suppose. Should it be fixed? Or my understanding about Root is wrong ?
    Last edited by blackpig1412; 04-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Instant is total immunity (read: 100%) but read in another thread it still fails; how much more, just 70%? The numbers lie in Wa's after update; it's just screwed.

Shadow Titanium
    Andrea, maybe you misunderstand my question. My question is: When people have Root effect and they still walk, is it a glitch?

I read it well. My point is if a wa still get kd or any of those effect which mezz immune is supposed to TOTALLY prevent, don't expect the wa's lance at (just) 70% root to take effect as well. Because the numbers are not reliable.

If you're sure that the root was in effect (icon appeared?), then it definitely is a glitch. No one is supposed to be able to move when immobilized unless u could remove it which only an FA can do.

Shadow Titanium
    I myself was hit by Lance Drive in TG many times before, and I could still walk around when the Root icon appeared (just could not dash)

try roll, it supposed to break target (like fade) which simply walking away doesn't.

edit: corrected, dash doesn't break target
    Last edited by Andrea; 04-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Your understanding of how root works is correct. I'm sure the misconception of what root and unmovable does is based on what they have provided us from the update review. Seeing how XI got screwed over with the FS suppression effects at global camp on the test servers, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an actual bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaParty View Post
    Your understanding of how root works is correct. I'm sure the misconception of what root and unmovable does is based on what they have provided us from the update review. Seeing how XI got screwed over with the FS suppression effects at global camp on the test servers, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an actual bug.
    It isn't a bug, it's the same root as what is on wizards' AoFC. Its a root and not an "unmovable" skill. All it does is prevent the use of blink/dash/fade/(roll?)

Note: It's probably a translation error whereupon it's supposed to be Root = movement skills, while FB's "root" = complete movement. Movement Skills = Dash, Fade, and Blink. Moving around is NOT a skill. Therefore: Root = anti-movement SKILLS.

This means Lancing Drive is not intended for a chasing after 1 person skill, but using against a crowd to prevent them from running for a short period of time, allowing a better killing opportunity. Requires teamwork.

I believe the FB's BM2 has a similar effect when Lightning Blade is applied, however, for that it says on skills, and there's only 1 bm2 skill, so it may be considering the attack movements as skills, with the Root effect (no movement skills vs no movement at all)having a lower chance of activation.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    You know that skill Charge has 30% chance to Root for 2 seconds. I will test again, but it seems that i cannot "move" when I have the Root effect from that skill, too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast