Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Item Option Adding - Rate on second slot ???

Item Option Adding - Rate on second slot ???

Ok so

Slot Extender
    3 slotted Weapon/Armor

Risky but probably the safest way to attempt 40/7 helm/weapon or 80/14 wa weapon.

So add CDI on first slot, attempt for rate second slot, if you get wrong option, fail third slot by using x1 force core for a 10% chance to succeed to erase the option on second slot.

So the question is,

Do you only use random scroll to attempt a rate or do you use random and critical damage scroll both at same time to get rate or it really does not matter?
    I tried a test on a normal slotted weapon but Ive done them all on first slot. I used both random and critical damage scrolls
    and I got rate

In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Most add the cdi one in case it succeeds on a level 1 it will give cdi instead of some junk stat it's pretty much just to be safe
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Eh, if you expect an answer from the GMs you probably won't get one

I'd suggest you try it 100 times with both and 100 times with just random and give us your results to be able to tell if it really makes a difference lol

Oh, I just want to hear from people who tried. I never expect anything from GM's unless its a help desk issue.

But yeah. I kept trying, I just did one attempt and I got attack rate. oh god

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Most add the cdi one in case it succeeds on a level 1 it will give cdi instead of some junk stat it's pretty much just to be safe
    Mia this^^

For second slot random scroll is all you can use unless you're fortunate to get a rate scroll which is rare. Also when attempting never plus the item until you succeed with slot because if you fail second slot and need to erase by failing third slot you will need the lowest percent of success but when item is high leveled percent increases there by make it difficult to fail.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Quote Originally Posted by truely false View Post
    Mia this^^

For second slot random scroll is all you can use unless you're fortunate to get a rate scroll which is rare. Also when attempting never plus the item until you succeed with slot because if you fail second slot and need to erase by failing third slot you will need the lowest percent of success but when item is high leveled percent increases there by make it difficult to fail.
    By using one force core on a third slot gives it a 10% chance to succeed, but still 10% is a chance and if it succeeds the item is sort of wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    By using one force core on a third slot gives it a 10% chance to succeed, but still 10% is a chance and if it succeeds the item is sort of wasted.
    I've had this happen to me with my PC Great Sword first slot was dmg second slot was also dmg so I tried to fail third cause I was trying for rate in second but on my eighth attempt third slot succeed with dmg as well...lol.. So I end up with an 82% dmg still not bad. I’d have liked the rate but better that I got random dmg instead of some other lame enchant.

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

Question? what if you fail the second slot and when you go to clear the second slot, the third slot doesn't fail and you get some crappy craft? What do you do then?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chang View Post
    Question? what if you get a fail enchant in the second slot and when you go to clear the second slot, the third slot doesn't fail and you get some crappy craft? What do you do then?
    Then it's gg, nothing you can do. (r.i.p romp's orb)

However, based on the old upgrading system, I think you could attempt for +8 at the core alchemist and if it failed, the extended slot broke and the item would be 0 again.
    Last edited by TeaParty; 05-03-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: old upgrading system

Quote Originally Posted by TeaParty View Post
    Then it's gg, nothing you can do. (r.i.p romp's orb)

However, based on the old upgrading system, I think you could attempt for +8 at the core alchemist and if it failed, the extended slot broke and the item would be 0 again.
    I didn't know that. Is it still like that or did all the updates change it?
    And also, what happened to Romp's orb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast