Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: "This ID is already in use" and Laptop crashing

"This ID is already in use" and Laptop crashing

Now, i try logging into my account and i dont remember exactly what it said, but it was something like "This ID is already logged into the server, do you want to log out and restart?" And me, being confused, and wanting to play, clicks yes. he game crashes, and it made my whole left side of my desktop screen white. So whats up with that? Ive tried it multiple times. AND THEN, sometimes instead of even making it to the login screen it just crashes into a blue screen (blue screen of death). So now im redownloading it (reason why i cant remember what the thing said) and hoping that it fixes. Now, this laptop is nothing to laugh at, it can run just about anything thats not top of the line in graphics, including this, IN FACT, i was just playing earlier today, so i have no clue whats wrong. Please someone, help :c

No help at all?.-.

I think you were having 2 different issues simultaneously.

1. The "ID is already in use" thing. That is something that has been happening continuously since a few maintenances ago. (I believe it is since the update but don't quote me on that, been too long and not important enough for me to remember exactly). I won't lie, the first time I got the message I was pretty much like this : O_O WHAT? OMG WT* SOMEONE HACKING MY ACCOUNT!!! then I realised it's just server lag. Pretty much what happens is that Cabal doesn't realise you logged out the last time you did.

One of the "fix" I found was that instead of clicking "exit game" I go back to char select, then back to channel select THEN I click cancel and once I'm fully logged out, I close the game. Sadly, it's still not 100% effective, and while it's a bit annoying, you come to just ignore it after awhile.

2. The game crashing and screen going white. From what you said about having displaying issues after the game crashed, it might be a graphic driver problem. If your driver is too old, and Cabal tried to force it to do something, it might make it crash. Rebooting your computer should fix the displaying problems. If you know how to make sure your drivers are up to date, do a quick check. All I can tell you is that, if you believe your hardware is good enough to run cabal, make sure that your drivers are up to date... drivers, flash, windows...

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    I think you were having 2 different issues simultaneously.

1. The "ID is already in use" thing. That is something that has been happening continuously since a few maintenances ago. (I believe it is since the update but don't quote me on that, been too long and not important enough for me to remember exactly). I won't lie, the first time I got the message I was pretty much like this : O_O WHAT? OMG WT* SOMEONE HACKING MY ACCOUNT!!! then I realised it's just server lag. Pretty much what happens is that Cabal doesn't realise you logged out the last time you did.

One of the "fix" I found was that instead of clicking "exit game" I go back to char select, then back to channel select THEN I click cancel and once I'm fully logged out, I close the game. Sadly, it's still not 100% effective, and while it's a bit annoying, you come to just ignore it after awhile.

2. The game crashing and screen going white. From what you said about having displaying issues after the game crashed, it might be a graphic driver problem. If your driver is too old, and Cabal tried to force it to do something, it might make it crash. Rebooting your computer should fix the displaying problems. If you know how to make sure your drivers are up to date, do a quick check. All I can tell you is that, if you believe your hardware is good enough to run cabal, make sure that your drivers are up to date... drivers, flash, windows...

good luck
    Yeah that was my reaction. Like, omg whose hacking my account halp o.o
    So, do i just keep trying? And it didnt make sense since i ran it perfectly earlier yesterday with this alt. However, im updating my graphics driver now, ive uninstalled everything CABAL related, and im hoping it'll work once i reinstall it. I didnt get my character to level 102 for nothing -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Frogzx View Post
    Yeah that was my reaction. Like, omg whose hacking my account halp o.o
    So, do i just keep trying? And it didnt make sense since i ran it perfectly earlier yesterday with this alt. However, im updating my graphics driver now, ive uninstalled everything CABAL related, and im hoping it'll work once i reinstall it. I didnt get my character to level 102 for nothing -.-
    Yeah good luck. Seems like 3 friends of mine have been struggling to get on today as well. Not sure if it would be something Cabal related or windows related (every time there's a windows update I hiss because it's a hit or miss.. One day I had a laptop that refused completely to boot after a windows update)