Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Support is terrible.

Support is terrible.

I tried out TERA again for a bit before coming here. Obviously, I didn't really like it because here I am. The Cabal support team could learn a thing or two from them though. I had an ancient account from before it went F2P and somehow in the conversion my account got glitched and I wasn't able to log into the game. I put in a ticket in the morning and before lunch I was informed it was fixed. Just like that. No extra effort required. Quick and painless. One of the better experiences I've had with customer support in an MMO.

Cabal's support on the other hand is just pathetic. I made 2 tickets for 2 different problems. Both were replied to with an obvious copy/paste response without being read. For one I was given the link to a FAQ that didn't have the answer to my problem in it. I just gave up on that problem and deleted my new ticket after a while. The other problem was that I can't delete my characters because of a bug. The reply assumed I'm some kind of brain damaged crack baby retard who can't figure out something that simple and gave me directions. For two days I've been talking to a GM via PM in the forum because clearly I'm getting nowhere with the ticket system. In fact, my second ticket about this still hasn't been replied to. I keep getting more questions that assume I have an IQ below 60. First it was "What level is the character?" which obviously meant "I assume you're a moron so is this character above 50?". The last one was "Did you know that passwords are case sensitive?". Yes, obviously I knew that! All passwords are case sensitive, everywhere, for anything. Not to mention that I couldn't have created the character in question in the first place if I didn't know that. How do they think I logged in?

It's been days and they're still trying to prove I'm a drooling vegetable instead of asking me any questions that might actually be useful in helping me. Why Cabal? Why do you hate your customers so much? I built the computer I'm playing on. I've been a web developer since the 90's. I've been playing MMOs since they were text-based and called MUDs. I can do your job better than you can. Please stop assuming I'm inbred and just help me already.

lol I've seen worse....

Neopets. There was an event lately and the prize shop was finally out. Went to check it out, had 72k points to spend, but everytime I'd click an item I wanted, I would get the popup asking me to confirm if I wanted to purchase that item, I'd click yes, and then nothing.

sent in a ticket and this is the reply I got :

Hi!

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Thank you for writing in!

Our developers looked into your prize shop report but could not reproduce it!

Please try clearing your cookies/cache and restart your browser.

If you continue to have issues try using a different browser (always make sure it is up to date!).

We hope that helps

^ like really? I even told them I had already tried cleaning my cache/cookies and also tried using Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. And they still told me to do that.

That's like calling tech support and starting your conversation with "I've already tried rebooting my computer..." and as soon as you finish your sentence the first question they ask you is "have you tried rebooting your computer" Dude? Did you even listen to what I told you?

While indeed the copy/paste replies to ticket seem very automated it's to help them sort out the tickets. Usually they will reply to you asking for certain information. Just copy/paste their reply and fill in.

But yeah, I've seen worse. much worse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelmancer View Post
    I tried out TERA again for a bit before coming here. Obviously, I didn't really like it because here I am. The Cabal support team could learn a thing or two from them though. I had an ancient account from before it went F2P and somehow in the conversion my account got glitched and I wasn't able to log into the game. I put in a ticket in the morning and before lunch I was informed it was fixed. Just like that. No extra effort required. Quick and painless. One of the better experiences I've had with customer support in an MMO.

Cabal's support on the other hand is just pathetic. I made 2 tickets for 2 different problems. Both were replied to with an obvious copy/paste response without being read. For one I was given the link to a FAQ that didn't have the answer to my problem in it. I just gave up on that problem and deleted my new ticket after a while. The other problem was that I can't delete my characters because of a bug. The reply assumed I'm some kind of brain damaged crack baby retard who can't figure out something that simple and gave me directions. For two days I've been talking to a GM via PM in the forum because clearly I'm getting nowhere with the ticket system. In fact, my second ticket about this still hasn't been replied to. I keep getting more questions that assume I have an IQ below 60. First it was "What level is the character?" which obviously meant "I assume you're a moron so is this character above 50?". The last one was "Did you know that passwords are case sensitive?". Yes, obviously I knew that! All passwords are case sensitive, everywhere, for anything. Not to mention that I couldn't have created the character in question in the first place if I didn't know that. How do they think I logged in?

It's been days and they're still trying to prove I'm a drooling vegetable instead of asking me any questions that might actually be useful in helping me. Why Cabal? Why do you hate your customers so much? I built the computer I'm playing on. I've been a web developer since the 90's. I've been playing MMOs since they were text-based and called MUDs. I can do your job better than you can. Please stop assuming I'm inbred and just help me already.
    Sorry to make you feel that way Pixelmancer.

I understand that the question I asked may have sounded a bit moronic. However, those question did help in resolving the issue you are experiencing.

If you say so.
    Last edited by Pixelmancer; 04-27-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelmancer View Post

After reading some of your posts yes I would think you were a drooling vegetable

You have to think they have to ask those ? Because yes there stupid people out there you would be amazed at the types of tickets they get and the people they deal with
    You think the Gms here are bad LOL you should try the ones when og planet had thisgame
    Frankly I think the gm staff they have are great
    Most times when they ask you stupid ?s is because you wrote the hd ticket like a 2 yr old
    If you don't Luke the Gms don't send tickets
    As for tera I bet you quit due to lack of player skill just saying
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids