Thread: Silence and Supression

Silence and Supression

Silence

Energy Field (WI)
    Assault (BL)

Supression

Panic Cry (WA)
    Shield Charge (FS)

Why did the attack skills (marked on red) have long cooldown time?
    My conclusion.
    Makes killing target easier (lets talk pvp)
    We're so used to our old combo set ups that most of us fail to realize these new changes applied on certain skills and could in fact be utilized in pk/freestyle.

What if we use these "special skills" when target's hp goes below 50% in combo mode? Good idea.

Example
    WIZARD in COMBO

EDC (Opponents hp goes 75%) > Terra lance (Opponents hp goes 50%) > Fire Lance (Opponents hp goes 30%) > Freezing Lance (Opponent use pots hp goes back to 50%) > Stone Cannon (Opponents hp goes 30%) > Energy Field (Opponent Immobilized) > Finisher

So Wizard, FS, and BL...the Special skills can be used in pk chase situations... agree? BUT I would say the safest way to make good use of them is to cast the special skill when your opponent hp is somewhere below 50% depending how hard you crit.

As for Warriors, its different. The Supression not an attack skill but a debuff.

Being a WA myself, I thought of a scenario

WA vs FA in pk...FA will constantly heal to survive, (dont be mad at them for healing by the way) its legit.
    FA wil hit and run and heal when hp goes down below 50%

This can get really annoying at times especially if you cannot outheal the FA

What I have thought...
    If you can supress the trget when its hp goes below 50% then it would be game over but skill choice is crucial to play the cards right

Two outcomes to consider though: Supressed or not (Because its 80% chance)

A WA is a melee class so with each skill you cast on a target locked in combo mode you got plenty of chance to dash/fade/debuff on combo.

Debuff on combo is what you want to do but this is where your timing skills is tested. Its hard to read a FA's hp bar when its healing. You could have casted debuff (hopefully Supressed target) with it having healed to 75% hp, this is bad because with 4 seconds of having a target immobilized your skills might not make it in time to finish target so it survives and goes back to healing again. But just some other things to consider about FA, Healing FA, means its vulnerable it be wise to continue combo but using fillers. and BLOODY SPIRIT is also available to make it easier.

For a WA, theres more work and thinking.

Advantage of WI/FS over WA fighting FA:
    WI have silence on a attack skill so combo mode should be easier on killing a healing FA, they also have better dps compared to WA skills (lances/cannons vs WA combo).

FS ,same thing, easier because supression is on the skill. Just time it right and should be good.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 05-04-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    Silence

Energy Field (WI)
    Assault (BL)

Supression

Panic Cry (WA)
    Shield Charge (FS)

Because Panic Cry isn't meant to be on that list; it's seperate and incomparable to WI's silence and FS's suppression.

What should be on the list is WA's root skill. I don't remember which skill it is. And yes I know it s.ucks (like FA's explosion shot), but it is there and that is meant to be the [pathetic] equivalent of shield charge and energy field.
    Last edited by Peaches; 05-04-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Charge has 30% root. Not worth relying on.
    Yeah I didnt include root or stun because I wanted to talk about the uses of these two effects, its just not about attack skills, its about silence and supression.

I think fb's can utilize supression and silence on their bm's too. But in ch 20 if u go bm, u hear stuff from people so i didnt count it.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 05-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd