Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critical Damage vs. Amp.

Banned
    Since the update 2 things happened...we got critical dmg/amp/cr resistance from int and critical rate/cd dmg/amp resistance from armor. Otherwise things that didn't change (not considering hr titles) is the belt of damp. So 2 for cr (actually 3 if u factor in charm), 3 for amp, and 2 for cd dmg resistances, not to mention the new defensive differences between armor types. I would agree with nex that amp is the way to go, but don't forget cd/cr either.

SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Faowin View Post
    This is true Fishy. That is what my plan was going to be until Nex told me amp. ed now so I was a bit confused.
    I certainly agree with him, but the reason I suggest 50% is that it's relatively easy to get there and still keeps you competitive. Any higher would get expensive very quickly because then you'd be needing amp weps, in slot, pets, bike, etc.
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

I've mentioned that the increase in defense has had a larger impact against CD than amp. With everyone starting to average 1.8+ def in decent gears and some FS on the verge of 2600 def, amp is stronger vs them. As Fishy mentioned, there IS a balance point. I'm still inclined to say it's still around the 170%CD/55%Amp range, but just add like 10-20 to each. So I'd honestly aim for a 190-200% CD and 60% amp build. It'd be more effective overall than a 220% cd and 50% amp build. Remember that with CD, you HAVE to have rate to compensate.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

SomewhereWhereItRainsAlot, Washington, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    I've mentioned that the increase in defense has had a larger impact against CD than amp. With everyone starting to average 1.8+ def in decent gears and some FS on the verge of 2600 def, amp is stronger vs them. As Fishy mentioned, there IS a balance point. I'm still inclined to say it's still around the 170%CD/55%Amp range, but just add like 10-20 to each. So I'd honestly aim for a 190-200% CD and 60% amp build. It'd be more effective overall than a 220% cd and 50% amp build. Remember that with CD, you HAVE to have rate to compensate.
    ^ this...although I would like to add one other bit, even if nobody is reading this thread anymore. AoD has a couple new details from the last update, most notable being +100% amp resist and 150% critical damage resist. So if you CAN by whatever means get your amp up into the 80s or 90s and CDI upwards of 200%, you'd definitely be set against almost anything the game can throw at you other than a 2600+ def FS in AoD.
    10mWasted
    TheWishmaster
    Lv 18x - Force Blader
    Knight of Protection
    "You were given root for two reasons: to catch your fish and so she can't get away" R.I.P. Mysti

I'm reading, and thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

If you're asking about weapons, pick either one, or anything you can get. There's not going to be a noticiable dif between 8 amp vs 18 cd.

Other than that: there isn't really a "crit dmg build" or an "amp build" because there's really only 1 build on cabal.

99% of the items on Cabal are just things everyone uses. You can't put amp on your amulet. You can't put crit dmg on your suit. Everyone uses the same gear and ends up with pretty much the same amount of amp and crit dmg.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    If you're asking about weapons, pick either one, or anything you can get. There's not going to be a noticiable dif between 8 amp vs 18 cd.

Other than that: there isn't really a "crit dmg build" or an "amp build" because there's really only 1 build on cabal.

99% of the items on Cabal are just things everyone uses. You can't put amp on your amulet. You can't put crit dmg on your suit. Everyone uses the same gear and ends up with pretty much the same amount of amp and crit dmg.
    are you dumb...

Shadow Titanium
    Get a 36 forcy kat/blade and 40/8 amp topaz/sig orb/xtal. Then mcr some gears np perfect balance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12