Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Community Channel

Community Channel

I don't care which channel, but I'd like to suggest the establishment of a "community channel". This is similar to a "trade channel", but is more like the opposite of the "war channel":

• Non-PK channel.
    • Increased player capacity. (For trading, events.)
    • No mobs in the maps.
    • Players may use training dummies.
    • Players may do dungeons.
    • Number of instances of dungeons in the channel limited.
    • War Maps (FgR, LS, MF, PF, PI, AT) are set as normal. (Spawn same, free PK off.)

(The last one might not be possible or desired, but I included it as a possibility.)

Such a channel would allow for the following:

• Easy organization of in-game events.
    • Trade channel for "one stop" shopping.
    • PvP/GW freedom in a variety of maps. (Imagine using PI for a GW. ;o)
    • Screenshots anywhere without monster problems. (Hello, this is my reason.)

Speaking of events:

• Talk with the GMs (Q/A, quiz, etc.)
    • Dungeon Guides (show dungeons to new players, etc.)
    • Invasion Events (spawn a mob in a low level map, force players to work together to kill it)
    • Buff (Yup.)

Previous attempts at a trade channel was made (no mobs, no dungeons, no dummies, no PK) before and no one used it because, while they could use it for trade, people refused to use the channel itself because nothing could be done in it. In response, the sellers established themselves in a normal channel where players wishing to grind/dungeon could and still check the shops during their breaks. Thus, this trade channel was quickly removed.

However, I think a "community channel" wherein players still the ability to do something (dungeons, PVP, GW, events) would be enough to have people use the channel. The lack of mobs would allow players to practice PVP or GW freely in a variety of environments, allow GMs to use the maps more freely for events, and would allow me to take SS of anything anywhere. xD

No, seriously, I think the server would benefit from this. <_< I'm not a screenshot fanatic. <_< No sir ee. <_<
    Last edited by terror; 05-19-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Osmium
    +1...this idea sounds better than trade channel

Quote Originally Posted by alhifnawy3 View Post
    +1...this idea sounds better than trade channel
    That was the plan. xD