Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you est!

^ Da Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    It's a scam.
    It is- as you said before- a gamble or a lottery; not a scam. A scam implies that the user is unaware of any negative consequences which might arise, but the fact that that the player could receive any of the weapon skins and not just hellforged is clearly stated in the even description and on the item description in the IM itself ("Box gives Hellforged" vrs "Box includes Hellforged"). I feel players who don't realize (or rather, don't accept) this obvious risk and get mad over not getting what they want shouldn't be complaining.

Now, I'm not saying EST is doing a fine job or anything with this; it is still a underhanded way of getting as much money as possible from players who want the new item. It reminds me of Atlantica Online where if you want any "rare" item from the IM, you have to purchase (relatively cheap) boxes which would give the item at a low rate, or other useful items (upgrading stones, mercenary materials, etc) more often than not. There, the whole thing is a gamble. O_o

What would have been better would have been a "Hellforged Chaos Box" where players who didn't get the skin they wanted could trade with others for the one they want. Likewise, rolling them out one at a time (hell, start with the relatively unpopular weapons first, DK, Katana, Crystal) each week, allowing the first few examples to hit the server, get players excited, and they'll buy the one they want when it comes out. That, and those with a lot of money would buy them up and distribute them to the server; EST gets its money that way too. -_-'

But no, the retail server has to slowly become a private server it seems. ;3

tl;dr - Not a scam, some players are idiots, EST shouldn't have done this, why is retail becoming a private server?

But you also forget that this game is a business, and what is a business's goal? To make money.

And also, if you've put in over $100 dollars in money to get this skin, then why don't you sell the skins you don't want and buy it with Alz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    It is- as you said before- a gamble or a lottery; not a scam. A scam implies that the user is unaware of any negative consequences which might arise, but the fact that that the player could receive any of the weapon skins and not just hellforged is clearly stated in the even description and on the item description in the IM itself ("Box gives Hellforged" vrs "Box includes Hellforged"). I feel players who don't realize (or rather, don't accept) this obvious risk and get mad over not getting what they want shouldn't be complaining.

Now, I'm not saying EST is doing a fine job or anything with this; it is still a underhanded way of getting as much money as possible from players who want the new item. It reminds me of Atlantica Online where if you want any "rare" item from the IM, you have to purchase (relatively cheap) boxes which would give the item at a low rate, or other useful items (upgrading stones, mercenary materials, etc) more often than not. There, the whole thing is a gamble. O_o

What would have been better would have been a "Hellforged Chaos Box" where players who didn't get the skin they wanted could trade with others for the one they want. Likewise, rolling them out one at a time (hell, start with the relatively unpopular weapons first, DK, Katana, Crystal) each week, allowing the first few examples to hit the server, get players excited, and they'll buy the one they want when it comes out. That, and those with a lot of money would buy them up and distribute them to the server; EST gets its money that way too. -_-'

But no, the retail server has to slowly become a private server it seems. ;3

tl;dr - Not a scam, some players are idiots, EST shouldn't have done this, why is retail becoming a private server?
    Doubtful..EST probably made less money by not letting us just buy a bundle pack like before,as for it becoming ps..eh,not quite there yet,until we can straight up buy pc forcium +15 direct from cs,then yeah..private server,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Faowin View Post
    But you also forget that this game is a business, and what is a business's goal? To make money.

And also, if you've put in over $100 dollars in money to get this skin, then why don't you sell the skins you don't want and buy it with Alz?
    I did,but there's so many skins available that they're nearly worthless

Only thing that bugs me with this new skin, and also bugged me with the last one, is they are 1 type of weapon only.

all the old skins were always coupled (i.e orb/crystal, kat/daikat, blade/gs) but these and the last ones are only specific to 1 type of weapon. Kinda meh.

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    Why should EST not do this? There's massive amount of gaming companies who does this.

Example:
    1. TERA has RNG Boxes for Weapon Skins, Avatar Skins, Upgrade Materials, and Mounts.
    2. Maplestory has gachapon
    3. Combat Arms has drop box for weapons
    4. Dungeon Fighter Online had avatar rng purchasing system
    5. Aeria games has loot wheel or RNG/lottery wheel system

These companies are making money and they are not private servers.

Shadow Titanium
    EST is so smart! They know that there are idiots who would spend tons of usd on the skin. Why would they choose to make less money?

Quote Originally Posted by awakening View Post
    EST is so smart! They know that there are idiots who would spend tons of usd on the skin. Why would they choose to make less money?
    This. Refer to my last post, they are a business and what is a business' s goal? To make as much money as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

To sum up replies:

• Just because other games ahve similar practices doesn't make it "right".
    • The game itself has already been set up to compel the players to spend money (premium, booster, BB+, etc.); do they have to milk us for everything?

I'm not saying it's surprising or anything, I'm just saying that there are limits. Then again, people can be stupid enough to fall for this...

What's funny in all this is that these so called items people spending so much to obtain is goin to be cycled into the cash shop in a few weeks or months where the buyers can purchase what they desire. But instead they want it now where they might not have much of a say in wat they get.

Just cope with wat u got for the time bieng and buy the hell forged crap later.. They may be a business but u control what they get. So use ur mind to think, its not illigal yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast