Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: great stuff happening in cabal eu

Since almost a week CABAL EU is under a DDos attack. At first impression it seems to be a frustrated "kid" that wants revenge, but GM and some of us players think there is much more behind it.

Since a few weeks GM received/made some new screening tools that seems to be very effective in weeding out the bots. And just before the attacks started, GM Renovatio admitted having "cleaned up" all the goldfarmers stashes, alz and accounts... So obviously, it is more in that direction, one of organised crime, that one has to look to find the motivation behind such a large scale attack.

to make it clear : a DDos attack is like causing a huge traffic jam at the servers ports/operation and involves thousands + of "enslaved" Pc (virus infected PC's) that work in a bot-net. The result is that players can no longer enter the game, due to the traffic congestion, and it often ends with the server going on its knees and rebooting...
    Considering the involved scale of the attack,which is massive, it is clear that there is organised crime behind it and that GM is not dealing with some lonely cyber punk

It is a very serious offence and if they catch the guy(s) he's/they're in for a rough ride, legally...
    As there was an attempt for blackmailing, that specific message was tracable to Sicily, Palermo...
    Remains to be seen if that is indeed the place where he lives... Considering his obnoxious and taunting posts on the forum, it seems indeed to be an Italian, with a very poor understanding of english...
    As far as we know from GM, no one has been caught yet.. but the wheels of justice are slow turning...

at this very moment , GM has brought down the servers (both game and forum) and is upgrading some hardware... prob in an attempt to stop the DDos attacks..

so here you have it...

added :
    EU forum just got back online...so if you cant to follow it.. go ahead
    Last edited by FlybyEU; 07-17-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post

Also, holy crap goughghan. I've not seen you around here in forever. WB (at least for a visit)
    I always visit, it just depends on if I want to say anything
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Still can't get on the forums though, but this sounds rough. When you say "makes the server go on its knees and reboot, do you mean like crash and everybody lose everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlybyEU View Post
    Since almost a week CABAL EU is under a DDos attack. At first impression it seems to be a frustrated "kid" that wants revenge, but GM and some of us players think there is much more behind it.

Since a few weeks GM received/made some new screening tools that seems to be very effective in weeding out the bots. And just before the attacks started, GM Renovatio admitted having "cleaned up" all the goldfarmers stashes, alz and accounts... So obviously, it is more in that direction, one of organised crime, that one has to look to find the motivation behind such a large scale attack.

to make it clear : a DDos attack is like causing a huge traffic jam at the servers ports/operation and involves thousands + of "enslaved" Pc (virus infected PC's) that work in a bot-net. The result is that players can no longer enter the game, due to the traffic congestion, and it often ends with the server going on its knees and rebooting...
    Considering the involved scale of the attack,which is massive, it is clear that there is organised crime behind it and that GM is not dealing with some lonely cyber punk

It is a very serious offence and if they catch the guy(s) he's/they're in for a rough ride, legally...
    As there was an attempt for blackmailing, that specific message was tracable to Sicily, Palermo...
    Remains to be seen if that is indeed the place where he lives... Considering his obnoxious and taunting posts on the forum, it seems indeed to be an Italian, with a very poor understanding of english...
    As far as we know from GM, no one has been caught yet.. but the wheels of justice are slow turning...

at this very moment , GM has brought down the servers (both game and forum) and is upgrading some hardware... prob in an attempt to stop the DDos attacks..

so here you have it...

added :
    EU forum just got back online...so if you cant to follow it.. go ahead
    I wish our GM's were would crack down on the hacking thing like yours do...Right now as you're reading this post there's multiboxers farming all non-premium channels with aoe bots in FGR and MF

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    I wish our GM's were would crack down on the hacking thing like yours do...Right now as you're reading this post there's multiboxers farming all non-premium channels with aoe bots in FGR and MF
    That is a horrible assumption. We block numerous amount of accounts each day. We blocked accounts based on our own investigation and player reports.

These Alz selling companies will continue to create massive amount of account and will always try to find a way to bypass our security measures. This issue can't just be resolved by blocking those accounts. Players need to stop purchasing Alz from these Third Party Websites.

Without the demand, there is no need to supply.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    That is a horrible assumption. We block numerous amount of accounts each day. We blocked accounts based on our own investigation and player reports.

These Alz selling companies will continue to create massive amount of account and will always try to find a way to bypass our security measures. This issue can't just be resolved by blocking those accounts. Players need to stop purchasing Alz from these Third Party Websites.

Without the demand, there is no need to supply.
    My apologies...But it's an everyday thing now and it's from the same characters we see day after day.

My apologies...But it's an everyday thing now and it's from the same characters we see day after day.
    How many hd tickets have you sent of said repeat bots ?
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    He's a scumbag, he'd rather whine and nitpick. Instead of just reporting the player, he'd rather run his mouth about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    I have lackeys handle my light work...

Quote Originally Posted by 6IX View Post
    He's a scumbag, he'd rather whine and nitpick. Instead of just reporting the player, he'd rather run his mouth about it.
    once again...My truth > Your fiction

I have lackeys handle my light work...

once again...My truth > Your fiction
    So what your saying is you have sent 0 tickets therefor you have 0 room to complain
    In fact you are making it worse by not sending in the ones you see everyday that the Gms miss
    Just saying lazy gives no room for complaints
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast