Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp vs CD

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Any time you can get more than 2 cd for 1 amp take it (18 cd over 8 amp). Nobody rocks less than 57 rate these days anyways. And if you're non-critting you're already losing.
    Well... yes people have more rate (55+ being average), but people also have OP resist rate now. It isn't uncommon to have 3 in gloves and 2 in charm at least, and that bumps most people down to 50 rate. Then a lot of people have honor rank 14 or higher, so there's another 3... and FA/wiz have high base resist rate (4)... so there you have 12 resist rate on a decent character and the OP ones are packing 20+. Also as more and more drei EoG start floating around, those people will have an additional 8. So your 57 rate is now somewhere in the ballpark of 37 to 45... pretty sad rate.

That being said, I have not actually tested good amp weapons against CD, so I can't say which is better, but I would not be so confident in my rate as it looks on paper.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I'm not basing that off paper, I've tested it on my fs. As for Mishon's statement I never agreed or disagreed with him.

The sets I tested were critical ring+2 x4 & 7/7/24 s.tit blade/aqua crystal/osmium helm vs critical ring+2 x4 & 40/7 s.tit blade/aqua crystal/s.tit helm

I did more damage with the 1st set.
    thank you for generalizing your results based on one class.

Shadow Titanium
    Actually, WI + SI + charm + hand + HN 14 = 21 resist rate (30 with HN20 I think) that really mess your critical rate up (1 CD with 50 rate = 2 CD with 25 rate)
    But someone said that when u wear more CR (like 70/57) that extra CR will be accounted for some of the OP resist rate your target has. Also amp is affected by crit rate too. So they are pretty close (I would still choose amp over cd as a WI). So if everything is the same like before then I know what to do, I was afraid that amp got nerf due to the low damage output in NW
    I hope that someone would tell me how damage output calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by fusioncell View Post
    thank you for generalizing your results based on one class.

How is that generalizing? I never mentioned any other class. I was only talking about FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Well... yes people have more rate (55+ being average), but people also have OP resist rate now. It isn't uncommon to have 3 in gloves and 2 in charm at least, and that bumps most people down to 50 rate. Then a lot of people have honor rank 14 or higher, so there's another 3... and FA/wiz have high base resist rate (4)... so there you have 12 resist rate on a decent character and the OP ones are packing 20+. Also as more and more drei EoG start floating around, those people will have an additional 8. So your 57 rate is now somewhere in the ballpark of 37 to 45... pretty sad rate.

That being said, I have not actually tested good amp weapons against CD, so I can't say which is better, but I would not be so confident in my rate as it looks on paper.
    That being said: your ballpark of 37 to 45 rate is also 37 to 45 rate to the other person considering you'll be at least almost equally as geared as them. If they're miles ahead in RR, the difference between 18 cd or 8 amp is not going to save you.

Sure that 8 amp might provide a little more dps. But if you're counting on a person having that much more RR than you, you're already losing.

Go for 18 cd over 8 amp in any case you can, because overall it'll be of (minimally) more use to you. Get amp when its exactly 2:1. Or if its a lot cheaper because frankly the difference isn't all that noticeable.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Why would you want to fight someone who has insane resist rate when your rate is 37 - 45%?

My suggestion:
    Don't bother fighting them!

RoF10 > CR3. Just gonna throw that out there for all you CD fanatics. :P Well at least I noticed more dmg on crits with my rof10.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWars View Post
    Why would you want to fight someone who has insane resist rate when your rate is 37 - 45%?

My suggestion:
    Don't bother fighting them!
    That is the rate you end up with if you have 55 rate against people who have decent (not even OP) resist rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    That being said: your ballpark of 37 to 45 rate is also 37 to 45 rate to the other person considering you'll be at least almost equally as geared as them. If they're miles ahead in RR, the difference between 18 cd or 8 amp is not going to save you.

Sure that 8 amp might provide a little more dps. But if you're counting on a person having that much more RR than you, you're already losing.

Go for 18 cd over 8 amp in any case you can, because overall it'll be of (minimally) more use to you. Get amp when its exactly 2:1. Or if its a lot cheaper because frankly the difference isn't all that noticeable.
    Saying "because both people have resist rate, therefore it shouldn't be taken into consideration" seriously is nonsense. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

I always count on everyone having better gear than me. Why would you build your character so you can only beat people who are under-geared to begin with? What build you have only even matters when you're facing someone who is powerful.

Whether 8 amp or 18 crit. damage is more DPS depends on things like your base attack, crit. rate, current amp, and current crit. damage. As well as your opponent's defense, resist crit. rate, resist crit. damage, and resist amp. It's impossible to make broad statements like "Go for 18 cd over 8 amp in any case you can".

Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    Actually, WI + SI + charm + hand + HN 14 = 21 resist rate (30 with HN20 I think) that really mess your critical rate up (1 CD with 50 rate = 2 CD with 25 rate)
    But someone said that when u wear more CR (like 70/57) that extra CR will be accounted for some of the OP resist rate your target has. Also amp is affected by crit rate too. So they are pretty close (I would still choose amp over cd as a WI). So if everything is the same like before then I know what to do, I was afraid that amp got nerf due to the low damage output in NW
    I hope that someone would tell me how damage output calculate.
    How is amp affected by crit. rate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12