Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make the game skill based again. REALTALK THREAD

Forcium

Make the game skill based again. REALTALK THREAD

All these impossible to get gears just widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Extreme upgrades, amp scrolls, sghh, sgh, and more have ruined the balance of the game. The only way for someone to compete is to spend more than they bargained for on a free game. For the people who are about to say "IF U DONT WANNA BUY IT THEN DONT BUY IT STOP QQING," I'm only stating the truth. It may be fine in your eyes, but this type of system pushes away customers rather than bring them in.

Remember in the old days when there were a good number of people that actually still played this game? It was because people were around the same level of gear, legacy weapons were the universal equalizers, and it was easier to obtain gear to be able to compete. Now, you might be thinking "oh well, there's lots of people running around in +15 sig/ forc - everyone is still equal." While the game may be like that right now, you have to remember the number of active players from now vs then. The number of active players now that have equal gear have probably spent more than they wanted to on this free game (let's say 500 people). However, the number of active players back then was probably more than 10 times the amount now.

Let's look at TERA's f2p model. TERA's f2p model has the choice of a monthly subscription, "Elite," which gives players of roughly what Cabal's premium gives - which is fine. The rest of TERA's item shop consists of cosmetic items such as costumes, pets, etc - nothing game breaking. However, the main difference between a game such as TERA and CABAL is that you can actually EARN your gear. In TERA, you can actually SEE the item progression since it's something that is bought using your time, not your money. (You can't buy top end gear in TERA, it's something you must work for) If CABAL had a system where people could work for progression (I'll give CABAL points for the honor system, since I believe it's a fair trade of time : progression), then this game would be 10000x better.

Next in line, bm3. Why the hell was this even put in in the first place? It dumbs down the game more than it even should be. I'm roughly 175-0 in mission battle, and the only thing I do is BM2 and BM3 and face roll my keyboard to death. It literally takes 0 skill or thinking power. What happened to CABAL's revolutionary combo system? The thing is barely even used anymore. Is this suppose to be in preparation for the no combo system in CABAL 2? If so, then RIP

tl;dr I'm QQing because this game requires no skill, requires RNG gear progression or extreme item shop reliability.

SOURCE: I fuck people up in mission battle with my eyes closed and feel sorry for the people that I beat simply because the difference in gear makes no room to outplay someone.

EDIT: There is literally no more "skilled" or "unskilled" now. Only "geared" or "ungeared"

EDIT 2: This probably means nothing since the devs are in Korea - but this is just my rant.
    Last edited by Sprite; 08-16-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Tl;dr

Xi back? Xi back? That's all these gamers saying that xi back? =3

I used to do decent in N.War and after a year or so of not being active I'm getting rolled by errybody >:
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I used to do decent in N.War and after a year or so of not being active I'm getting rolled by errybody >:
    Exactly my point :C

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    All these impossible to get gears just widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Extreme upgrades, amp scrolls, sghh, sgh, and more have ruined the balance of the game. The only way for someone to compete is to spend more than they bargained for on a free game. For the people who are about to say "IF U DONT WANNA BUY IT THEN DONT BUY IT STOP QQING," I'm only stating the truth. It may be fine in your eyes, but this type of system pushes away customers rather than bring them in.

Remember in the old days when there were a good number of people that actually still played this game? It was because people were around the same level of gear, legacy weapons were the universal equalizers, and it was easier to obtain gear to be able to compete. Now, you might be thinking "oh well, there's lots of people running around in +15 sig/ forc - everyone is still equal." While the game may be like that right now, you have to remember the number of active players from now vs then. The number of active players now that have equal gear have probably spent more than they wanted to on this free game (let's say 500 people). However, the number of active players back then was probably more than 10 times the amount now.

Let's look at TERA's f2p model. TERA's f2p model has the choice of a monthly subscription, "Elite," which gives players of roughly what Cabal's premium gives - which is fine. The rest of TERA's item shop consists of cosmetic items such as costumes, pets, etc - nothing game breaking. However, the main difference between a game such as TERA and CABAL is that you can actually EARN your gear. In TERA, you can actually SEE the item progression since it's something that is bought using your time, not your money. (You can't buy top end gear in TERA, it's something you must work for) If CABAL had a system where people could work for progression (I'll give CABAL points for the honor system, since I believe it's a fair trade of time : progression), then this game would be 10000x better.

Next in line, bm3. Why the hell was this even put in in the first place? It dumbs down the game more than it even should be. I'm roughly 175-0 in mission battle, and the only thing I do is BM2 and BM3 and face roll my keyboard to death. It literally takes 0 skill or thinking power. What happened to CABAL's revolutionary combo system? The thing is barely even used anymore. Is this suppose to be in preparation for the no combo system in CABAL 2? If so, then RIP

tl;dr I'm QQing because this game requires no skill, requires RNG gear progression or extreme item shop reliability.

SOURCE: I fuck people up in mission battle with my eyes closed and feel sorry for the people that I beat simply because the difference in gear makes no room to outplay someone.

EDIT: There is literally no more "skilled" or "unskilled" now. Only "geared" or "ungeared"

EDIT 2: This probably means nothing since the devs are in Korea - but this is just my rant.
    Bro.. another game I would put near Tera would be Aika. U try it before?

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by brusky View Post
    Bro.. another game I would put near Tera would be Aika. U try it before?
    Yeah, I've tried Aika. TERA looks way better than Aika and the combat system is soooooooooo much better ;p

Errybody play Cabal 2 :>

Grindy-work for your gear type of game.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post

Can I get an AMEN!?!?

Forcium
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Errybody play Cabal 2 :>

Grindy-work for your gear type of game.
    rng grind for gear =/= time:work for gear

Q.Q

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast