Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

Banned

Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

I did a search on UCH and accidentally had the search on "High to Low", Right now there are listings for 3 Upgrade core highs for 1b each,another 30 for 26m each,45 for 9,999,999m each and another 45 for 5m each.

When you have sporadic pricing like that,the average listing price when you register a UCH drops DRAMATICALLY, players can swoop in and buy for cheap.
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    I did a search on UCH and accidentally had the search on "High to Low", Right now there are listings for 3 Upgrade core highs for 1b each,another 30 for 26m each,45 for 9,999,999m each and another 45 for 5m each.

When you have sporadic pricing like that,the average listing price when you register a UCH drops DRAMATICALLY, players can swoop in and buy for cheap.
    The average price they give you is just a suggested price, no one is saying you have to go with it. And trust me, UCH isn't rare, they drop like every second; it's probably one of few items that drop as frequently as alz does from monsters. UCH prices won't go up unless a person decides to buy all of them out, but even at that the prices are gonna go back to what they were.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    The average price they give you is just a suggested price, no one is saying you have to go with it. And trust me, UCH isn't rare, they drop like every second; it's probably one of few items that drop as frequently as alz does from monsters. UCH prices won't go up unless a person decides to buy all of them out, but even at that the prices are gonna go back to what they were.
    The suggested price is the AH averaged price from all similar items listed in AH.

When you list a uch,It's always going to be more expensive than the cheapest one for sale because it's averaged from every other listed uch,If there were absolutely no uch in AH and you listed one,the "suggested" price would be 0.

they're doing it with UCHH too...
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-06-2013 at 06:26 PM.

the suggested price is the average price of the item as it has SOLD recently, registering them has NOTHING to do with their suggested price

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer255 View Post
    the suggested price is the average price of the item as it has SOLD recently, registering them has NOTHING to do with their suggested price
    no

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    When you list a uch,It's always going to be more expensive than the cheapest one for sale because it's averaged from every other listed uch,If there were absolutely no uch in AH and you listed one,the "suggested" price would be 0.
    Edit: Good News!!

Someone just listed 14 uch at 2.8b each,driving the value of UCH down even more!!!
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-06-2013 at 07:53 PM.

lol wow, just 1 word. and Yes, try registering something in AH that isn't common aka none sold recently(you will notice that no suggested price exists), list it. get on another account buy it. reregister the item, you will notice it sells for the exact same as it just sold for. you are now going to argue with me thats cause it was registered at that price. well to test that theory get a 2nd of the exact same item and try to register it on another account, it will come up as no suggested price.

yes i did just do this to test it out using ring of 7 coins.

and if you dont believe me well i am going to recommend to everyone please if your using ah to store items set them to 39,999,999,999 just to piss this kid off thank you =)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer255 View Post
    lol wow, just 1 word. and Yes, try registering something in AH that isn't common aka none sold recently(you will notice that no suggested price exists), list it. get on another account buy it. reregister the item, you will notice it sells for the exact same as it just sold for. you are now going to argue with me thats cause it was registered at that price. well to test that theory get a 2nd of the exact same item and try to register it on another account, it will come up as no suggested price.

yes i did just do this to test it out using ring of 7 coins.

and if you dont believe me well i am going to recommend to everyone please if your using ah to store items set them to 39,999,999,999 just to piss this kid off thank you =)
    I guess I'll just have to take your word for it since you offer no other conclusive proof than just you saying, "I did it,believe me"

I'd make a video of your test scenario to prove you wrong,but I'm not throwing my acct. info out there.
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Nah you dont have to give out account info in videos, if you do you might wanna rethink making videos online.

Banned
    How about this then....

Using your theory of AH listing items based on the items last sale price.

How come I'm still listing uch at 285k when I just bought one for 210k?

whats the average of the past few days? i am not 100% sure on the time frame but i think its 1 to 2 weeks. so you could buy one at 210k but what about the person yesterday who went crazy and bought all uch up to 400k?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast