Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ingame translator

Titanium

ingame translator

CAN WE PUT AN EFFING IN GAME TRANSLATOR SO IDONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH "ASKDJHASKJDHASKJDHQKWJHDWQDH WQKJEDHQWKEJHQ QWKJEHQWKJEH QWEKJHQWEKJQH WEKJQWHEKQWJHEKQWEIUHKJASFD H QWKJEHQWEKJH" ALL DAY?

kthxbai

I used to suggest that, but if you think about it the translation would most likely be British English, not American. The dialects are different in many different ways. Even if it was American English, there is still the problem of using words that doesn't fit with their original meaning. If you say "That was sick!" it doesn't mean it had an illness. It was something "cool" which is another example. You get my meaning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

There is a Google Translate API. I know from experience it is a small performance overhead and would allow for all foreign languages to be translated into whatever native language you want. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but it is pretty good and pretty good is better than nothing.

Edit: Also, if EST knows what they're doing, chat is running through a separate network socket anyway, so it wouldn't affect game latency anyway.

You could just learn every language in the world np
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post

Or just Spanish and Vietnamese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

If they spell in their language just as good as 'murican players spell in English, poor translator wouldn't even be able to recognize what language it is.... >.>

"srry for bad englsh im form usa"
    hi im Peaches

If everyone followed the rules there would be no reason for a translator. English only when shouting this is why EST developers most likely would never add a language translating engine to the game, although one would be usefull and very much welcomed...

The Warrior's way - Kill'm all and let God sort them out later.

j/s EU has waaaaaaay more languages spoken there than Cabal NA. And yet they all manage to communicate with each other. I believe the general rule is you're supposed to speak English there.
    hi im Peaches

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast