Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ingame translator

Quote Originally Posted by Faowin View Post
    I used to suggest that, but if you think about it the translation would most likely be British English, not American. The dialects are different in many different ways. Even if it was American English, there is still the problem of using words that doesn't fit with their original meaning. If you say "That was sick!" it doesn't mean it had an illness. It was something "cool" which is another example. You get my meaning?
    The idea about include a translation in the game is good, but is like you said, not consider the local dialects. At least, this suggestion indicate that all comunity have to do a movement to talk the same "thing" through interactions with other.
    "Stop over analyzing...life is simple!"

Quote Originally Posted by Faowin View Post
    I used to suggest that, but if you think about it the translation would most likely be British English, not American. The dialects are different in many different ways. Even if it was American English, there is still the problem of using words that doesn't fit with their original meaning. If you say "That was sick!" it doesn't mean it had an illness. It was something "cool" which is another example. You get my meaning?

I didn't know that "It was sick" can also be "cool", I'm learning that now, with you. = )
    Last edited by livstar; 12-15-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    "Stop over analyzing...life is simple!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123