Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    Again, listed average prices do not dictate what you have to sell your item(s) at.
    That's a straw hat argument,there isn't even a guarantee that your item would sell at an average listed price since someone is always going to underbid you.

Also, how does having items at a ridiculously higher price lower the average? You're basically saying 40b of UCH divided by what, 1.5k UCH total in ah equates to uch being listed at 300k each?
    Yes,with all the uch in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCH in for 1b each and another or same person put anther UCH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell the lower the average gets.

There's more UCH sitting in AH under 1m than there are UCM and UCHH in AH combined

Last I checked, there are roughly 1.5k~2k uchh in auction house and the lowest price is 900k, when I put a one up, it's listed at 1m+
    Yes,with all the uchh in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCHH in for 1b each and another or same person puts anther UCHH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell,the lower the average price gets.

I must be missing something.

Let's say there's a bunch of items (UCH, for instance). Their values are 8, 10, 20, 5, 13, and 7. Average being 10.5.

Now let's add in some larger numbers: 50, 80, and 70. The average is now 29.2.

So how does adding items at an increased price decrease average value?

As for your underbidding theory, which would mean people are *not* using the suggested price so there goes that part of your argument, someone looking to underbid would look at the cheapest price, and go 10k, 15k below that. What kind of under bidder looks at the *highest* price and bids lower than that? An idiotic one. That's what.

You can either argue that people take the suggested price and that adding UCH at a higher price makes the average lower (what?) or you can argue that people are under bidding and that adding UCH at a higher price will make them bid lower (what?). Take your pick. I really hope I'm missing some fundamental part of your case you haven't shared.

(Also, what the heck is a "straw hat" argument? I think what you were going for is straw man, and that argument was not a straw man argument.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I must be missing something.

Let's say there's a bunch of items (UCH, for instance). Their values are 8, 10, 20, 5, 13, and 7. Average being 10.5.

Now let's add in some larger numbers: 50, 80, and 70. The average is now 29.2.

So how does adding items at an increased price decrease average value?

As for your underbidding theory, which would mean people are *not* using the suggested price so there goes that part of your argument, someone looking to underbid would look at the cheapest price, and go 10k, 15k below that. What kind of under bidder looks at the *highest* price and bids lower than that? An idiotic one. That's what.

You can either argue that people take the suggested price and that adding UCH at a higher price makes the average lower (what?) or you can argue that people are under bidding and that adding UCH at a higher price will make them bid lower (what?). Take your pick. I really hope I'm missing some fundamental part of your case you haven't shared.

(Also, what the heck is a "straw hat" argument? I think what you were going for is straw man, and that argument was not a straw man argument.)
    You can't use low numbers in comparison,It will give you an inaccurate average.Think of it like this,There are 3000 8's,6 500's and 1 or 2 70,000's,It's the underbidding mixed in with the overall quantity of cores being affected by a dozen or so "storage" users.

Roughly 99.9% of the community sees the average price before completing a listing and an impression is already made on them of the sale's potential,Some just check the lowest price and list it from 1-w/e alz lower just to get paid.

And I just got done reading a bunch of one piece
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-07-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    You can't use low numbers in comparison,It will give you an inaccurate average.Think of it like this,There are 3000 8's,6 500's and 1 or 2 70,000's,It's the underbidding mixed in with the overall quantity of cores being affected by a dozen or so "storage" users.

Roughly 99.9% of the community sees the average price before completing a listing and an impression is already made on them of the sale's potential,Some just check the lowest price and list it from 1-w/e alz lower just to get paid.

And I just got done reading a bunch of one piece
    What you said made no sense. However, I have deciphered what you meant originally. It is wrong. No matter how many there are, adding an item with higher value than the average cannot lower the average. It is incoherent.

Let's go with your example, 3,000 8's, 6 500's, and 2 70,000's. Average is 55.5.

Now add in a 60,000. "Undercutting" the two 70,000's. Average is now 75.4. Price went *up*.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    What you said made no sense. However, I have deciphered what you meant originally. It is wrong. No matter how many there are, adding an item with higher value than the average cannot lower the average. It is incoherent.

Let's go with your example, 3,000 8's, 6 500's, and 2 70,000's. Average is 55.5.

Now add in a 60,000. "Undercutting" the two 70,000's. Average is now 75.4. Price went *up*.
    Exactly,But instead they just remove one of the 70,000's and 1 or 2 500's and the average skyrockets,Mass buy all the cheap cores,Wait for the market to balance itself out,Sell cores,Return the 70,000 and the 500's,Average plummets,Rinse,repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    That's a straw hat argument,there isn't even a guarantee that your item would sell at an average listed price since someone is always going to underbid you.
    How is that a Straw Man Argument? Just because people can't be patient and undercut everyone's UCH doesn't mean your cores won't sell at average price either.

How will more people undercutting on cores lower the average? We're talking about roughly 6b worth of UCH that's registered in auction house...let's say there's 2k UCH, the average is 3m...It would take at least 20k more cores being undercut to barely reach the averaged price.

Banned
    How will more people undercutting on cores lower the average?
    Yes,with all the uch in AH it creates a domino effect from underbidding,When someone puts UCH in for 1b each and another or same person put anther UCH at 50m,The AH averages the suggested sale price right in the middle,The more people who underbid to quicksell,the lower the average gets.

We're talking about roughly 6b worth of UCH that's registered in auction house...let's say there's 2k UCH, the average is 3m...It would take at least 20k more cores being undercut to barely reach the averaged price.
    Except the average isn't 3m,It's 250k,If you capped the listing price of uch at 1.5m (event girl yul prices),The value of uch would go up.
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-07-2013 at 10:39 AM.

So gaiz. Who here has an MBA in Finances.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Banned
    ...let's say there's 2k UCH
    There's about 10k uch in AH right now,give or take a few hundred.

Shadow Titanium
    The suggested prices update once daily.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast