Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I'm sorry you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how averages work. Putting in a UCHH at 90m would only lower the average if the *average* was already *higher* than 90m, even if there are UCHH in the auction house at 1b.

So you agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post

That average price between 1,018,194,222 Bil and 99,167,041 Mil is approx. 500m

500m averaged with 45,999,999 Mil is approx. 275m.

275m averaged with 10,181,945 Mil is approx.130m.

130m averaged with 10,051,254 is approx. 73m.

And so on all the way down.....
    I lied when I said I was done with this thread. Thanks for giving me a reason to post again.

So you agree with me
    I'm sorry you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how averages work. Putting in a UCHH at 90m would only lower the average if the *average* was already *higher* than 90m, even if there are UCHH in the auction house at 1b.
    It is not. So no, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaParty View Post
    I lied when I said I was done with this thread. Thanks for giving me a reason to post again.
    +1

Banned
    It is not. So no, I don't.
    You weren't adding the influx of new cores and underbidders into your math.

You weren't adding the influx of new cores and underbidders into your math.
    You weren't using the actual numbers in your math.

Banned
    You weren't using the actual numbers in your math.
    AH averaging goes from the most expensive all the way down to the cheapest,When you have a few items insanely overpriced at 1b+ and tens of thousands listed from 1m to 250k,It's going to affect the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    The reason why UCHs price is so low is because there's nothing to do with them anymore.
    There's plenty to do with UCH other than upgrading items
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Suggested price, undercutting, and the actual price of UCH has everything to do with how available uch are and how many people are buying them vs not buying them. Putting a few in for 99,999,999,999 alz doesn't make the suggested price go to zero.

UCH prices are just dropping because of how easier it becomes to get them with each update. Supply and demand. Were the suggested price to be affected by the actual pricings in ah, everything would have dropped to 0 alz, 1 alz, 2 alz, and the like, as soon as they added the suggested price feature (sometime in 2011 iirc?).
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Suggested price, undercutting, and the actual price of UCH has everything to do with how available uch are and how many people are buying them vs not buying them. Putting a few in for 99,999,999,999 alz doesn't make the suggested price go to zero.

UCH prices are just dropping because of how easier it becomes to get them with each update. Supply and demand. Were the suggested price to be affected by the actual pricings in ah, everything would have dropped to 0 alz, 1 alz, 2 alz, and the like, as soon as they added the suggested price feature (sometime in 2011 iirc?).
    You also aren't adding in the constant influx of cores,As long as you have people registering at the lowest price or lower,the average will always drop,Even if Blager is right and the AH does update daily,it's enough to manipulate the overall average by keeping overpriced cores in AH.
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-08-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post

^+1

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast