Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Players rigging the Auction House for cheaper prices

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    To prove that your screenshots prove nothing.....

The reason your sig-blade listed for 0 is because there were no other 0 slot pc 1 slot drop +0 blades in AH to compare the price too.
    I wasn't even trying to prove anything...? I only posted the screenshots cause you questioned blager on where his sources came from that suggested listed prices of items change on a daily basis; which is why I specifically chose the sig blade.

Let's make a petition to remove Auction House from Cabal because we're all being scammed as a community through overpriced UCH that apparently lowers the average of its actual worth. Everyone will be so happy to spend heaps of hours looking through personal shops to find what they want. And while we're at it, let's make a petition to make nation war more balanced by increasing the minimum level requirements of items. Oh wait, that would lower the average prices of crafstman gear being sold because of the "undercutting domino effect."
    Anyways, I'm done here. You win. #powerofcommunity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaParty View Post
    I wasn't even trying to prove anything...? I only posted the screenshots cause you questioned blager on where his sources came from that suggested listed prices of items change on a daily basis; which is why I specifically chose the sig blade.

Let's make a petition to remove Auction House from Cabal because we're all being scammed as a community through overpriced UCH that apparently lowers the average of its actual worth. Everyone will be so happy to spend heaps of hours looking through personal shops to find what they want. And while we're at it, let's make a petition to make nation war more balanced by increasing the minimum level requirements of items. Oh wait, that would lower the average prices of crafstman gear being sold because of the "undercutting domino effect."
    Anyways, I'm done here. You win. #powerofcommunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaParty View Post
    Sig Blade is initially listed at 0, I put it up for 2m and went on another account to buy it. I try to put it up again but it gets listed at 0 (didn't have that screenshot). When I try to put it up again today, it's listed at 2m. So Killer was correct on his explanation, it's just that he was missing the "updated daily" aspect, which Blager had just pointed out.

EDIT: I'm not saying your explanation of the uch prices being split right in the middle is wrong either, just thought I'd clarify what Killer/Blager has been saying. I for one have no clue what your overall point of making this thread was but good luck?
    We don't have to get rid of the Auction house,just ban the people scamming the system.

Attachment 7042

Out of curiosity...are those 7 UCM's at 7m ea?

The price of a couple uch at 1b or more doesnt affect the uch market. For instance however the avg price its irrelevant. why is it irrelevant well because if everyone were to put there uch at 300k u would have to be refreshing until urs were at the bottom so they would be sold sooner. There are ppl who would rather sell for cheaper and put it in for 290k and lose a few alz. then come more ppl and they sell for 280k. and as you see theres a big chain that lowers the price. Supply and Demand doesnt even work in this case to give you the equilibrium aka the avg price because there is no marginal cost. It doesnt cost you anything to produce the uch (you can argue the entry but receiving so many cores it makes marginal cost so low its not worth mentioning) therefore the seller will sell at any price because no matter what they are having producer surplus nonetheless

Sig By Innovation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulKnight View Post
    The price of a couple uch at 1b or more doesnt affect the uch market. For instance however the avg price its irrelevant. why is it irrelevant well because if everyone were to put there uch at 300k u would have to be refreshing until urs were at the bottom so they would be sold sooner. There are ppl who would rather sell for cheaper and put it in for 290k and lose a few alz. then come more ppl and they sell for 280k. and as you see theres a big chain that lowers the price. Supply and Demand doesnt even work in this case to give you the equilibrium aka the avg price because there is no marginal cost. It doesnt cost you anything to produce the uch (you can argue the entry but receiving so many cores it makes marginal cost so low its not worth mentioning) therefore the seller will sell at any price because no matter what they are having producer surplus nonetheless
    Yes,that's the underbidding domino effect that lowers the average,You can't have a few cores for a bil and a few hundred cores for a few hundred mil and tens of thousands under 1m and not expect the math to adjust itself.

And no,If everyone put in their UCH at 300k,the last person to put in their uch would get first sale.
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Yes,that's the domino effect that lowers the average,and No,If everyone put in their UCH at 300k,the last person to put in their uch would get first sale.
    yea well ppl arent gonna buy ur uch right when u put them in. so u lower price so they sell cheaper then other persons. and even if u dont lower price whats to stop the next person puttign them cheaper then you? and ur logic is flawed. we can see this in any item. say i go put a eof8 in ah for 8b. that doesnt mean eof8 r gonna get cheaper it will only go as cheap as ppl put them in for. my eof8 would not have any effect on the rest

Sig By Innovation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulKnight View Post
    yea well ppl arent gonna buy ur uch right when u put them in. so u lower price so they sell cheaper then other persons. and even if u dont lower price whats to stop the next person puttign them cheaper then you? and ur logic is flawed. we can see this in any item. say i go put a eof8 in ah for 8b. that doesnt mean eof8 r gonna get cheaper it will only go as cheap as ppl put them in for. my eof8 would not have any effect on the rest
    Yes,people DO buy UCH right when you put it in,I don't know how many times I've listed uch's for the lowest price only to have them sell 5 sec. later,The kicker is...people don't have to underbid their items,They automatically go to the top of the que if you list it at the same price as the cheapest one for sale

As for the EOF8 thing,idk...I haven't had a +8 cape drop since venus to test and compare,but I also haven't been that active since.

Edit:

AH averages pricing from the top down,I'd show you the equation,But I don't want anyone else trying to scam the community.

Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 09-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.

It is clear that Urizen works for EST and has insider information on how their auction house works. We should listen to everything he says because it is The Truth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    It is clear that Urizen works for EST and has insider information on how their auction house works. We should listen to everything he says because it is The Truth.
    LOL,all I did was reverse engineer the math...But hey.

LOL,all I did was reverse engineer the math...But hey.
    Don't sell yourself short, man.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, man.
    Ok,all I did was reverse engineer the math...in my head,while doing handstand push-ups in my sleep on top of a skyscraper ledge,But hey.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast