Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improving FA Support Skills/Functions

Post Improving FA Support Skills/Functions

Wow, it sure has been a VERY long time since I posted anything regarding class improvements and ideas. Welp, I am back. And I am slowly starting to get into the flow of the new things been going around. I am glad that EST is still making content, but I can see they still fail to see the consequences of their actions with each new update.

Speaking of actions, I would like to thank EST for making my Priest Class available for the new Cabal Online 2. I never thought that they would make the Priest Class I so desired. Of course, this doesnt mean everything I made on my suggestion post is gonna happen. But, at least they took my advice and came through with a supportive class other then the FA. If you wish to see my Priest Class post (and the only priest idea ever made) you can view it here at: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...gic-%28Idea%29

Alright, back to the subject at hand!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

We all know the FA in the current Cabal, is the only class with enough skills to really be called "Supportive". While the FS can do some support, it is mainly a Tank and heals for so little. The WIZ can heal too, but their heals have a 180 - 300 second cooldown, and is a very ineffective supporter. But, their Mass Regen is a nice emergency heal. As so, the FA is the one and only support class.

I think that since EST wont be adding any more classes to Cabal Online, I think they can AT LEAST improve the FA as a stand-alone supporter of its kind. When I can back to play once more, I noticed that "Art Of Healing" is now a Sub-Gene passive buff. That is one thing I have been wanting for a long time, but it still isnt enough.

Another thing that I liked, is that now FA's and FS's get honor points and ranked on healing during War. Since Im a huge failure as a DPS kinda guy, finally support-orientated players can get a chance to shine as a Healer.

Through all this, again... it still isnt enough. Here are my suggestions to make FA a much more suited healer/supporter.

IDEA #1: Remove Mass Heal's "Party Only" Effect

Lets face it. We all hate this effect, especially in Wars. You off fighting with another group other then your own, and they are dying bad. You wanna pop a Mass Heal, but you cant cause your party is out of range. Whats worse, is that you can heal ONLY the people in your party. And you all very well know, you dont care about others in your group that is automatically made when you enter Wars. You know your never going to stick together, unless your with Guildies. This is a problem that must be fixed. EST should remove the "Party Only" effect, and just use a "Area of Effect" heal based on the targets around you, or a selected target, in a certain measured radius. I am sure this is a very very easy thing to fix, I am sure of it.

IDEA #2: Learn Other Classes Support Skills

I am sure this has been a idea before, but it is a very good way to turn the FA into a very collective and stable supporter. Since the new "Passive Skills Menu" has been made, lets put that to good use. So, I believe it is a good idea to lean support skills from other classes, as a "Specialized In-Battle Style". For example the 4 slots you are given in this menu, you would be able to learn 3 support skills from other classes, except for the WA, and the FB. Their skills are more of Martial Art skills, rather then magic support. So you have the options to gain the support skills from the WIZ, FS, and BL if you wished it instead of bonus stats to you. For example, I would use: Art of Healing, Mass Restore (WIZ), High Regeneration (WIZ), and Fatality Increase (BL).

IDEA #3: Restorative Gear Add-on

If the previous ideas dont suit well with others, this one might take more of your attention. There is restorative gear, but they only add the HP/MP Auto Heal. But, it would be nice if there was a new type, or at least added on to the Restorative gear type, the ability to add a % number to your healing skills. For example a "Forcium Visor of Restorative" can have up to 1 - 7% bonus healing, like how there is with Sword/Magic amps. This is pretty self explanatory, and if the previous 2 ideas arent enough, at least it would be nice to have bonus healing on top with the "Art of Healing". Even with the bonus 120% healing, it still does a clunky healing amount since Greater Heal has a low amount to begin with, even at it's max level.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Thats it for now on improvements for the FA and its supportive roles. I have more ideas to flush out, but I am gonna leave it as it is for now. Im quite exhausted from typing all this too, lol. I would like to thank you for reading up to this point, and I would love to hear what people's feedback are and if they would wish to endorse this change in the FA.

Thank you all, and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Raysuko; 09-08-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Heal is useless in war (at least in T4, where I have experience) unless you're facing a hopelessly weak opponent.

I am not extremely well geared, and my lances hit opponent FA's for roughly 2k HP on crits, 800 to 1k on non-crits. Heal has a cool down of 3 seconds, and we'll be generous and say heal will restore 800 hit points. (It's closer to 750.) In combo, lances cast at 0.9 seconds per lance. Let's be generous again and say it's 1 second. Let's also be generous and say I crit 1 out of 3 lances. So while you stand there are heal 800 hit points, I deal 3.6k. I am more likely to crit 2 out of 3, in which case you heal 800, I deal 4.8k.

Also if you just think about the portion of your health you're regaining, it would take much longer to stand and heal than to run away and use vital kits, which heal a huge chunk, and have no cool down.

At 800 HP per 3 seconds, it would take me nearly two and a half minutes (147 seconds) to heal from 1k left to full HP, versus 1 or 2 seconds with vital kits. It's also fairly economically viable since level 2 vital kits are just 15k alz per unit.

In order to put FA into more of a supportive role in war, first thing that needs to happen is to nerf their damage significantly. Next would be to give heal the same proportion as HP (x6 instead of x0.5), or at least comparable, not useless.

In PK outside of war, FA's heal is overpowered. It is *very* hard to kill an FA if they are running and healing. And it's even harder if they are in a party and devote their time to healing everyone else. About 1.5k HP is over 1/4 of my total, not many people can deal that much damage in the 1.3 seconds it takes to heal.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Heal is useless in war (at least in T4, where I have experience) unless you're facing a hopelessly weak opponent.

I am not extremely well geared, and my lances hit opponent FA's for roughly 2k HP on crits, 800 to 1k on non-crits. Heal has a cool down of 3 seconds, and we'll be generous and say heal will restore 800 hit points. (It's closer to 750.) In combo, lances cast at 0.9 seconds per lance. Let's be ---
    I think your forgetting something. FA do not heal 800HP only. I suppose that would be its BASE, given if they dont take Art of Healing. 120% of 800 would be around 2100. That is, if the base if 800HP at max level.

Gear, is easy. If you use CCB (Cabal Character Builder), you can easily match and find good ways to keep resists up and keep you defense at its best. At Lvl180 with appropriate supportive gear, you should have around 1899 Defense, 4217 Defense Rate, and 18% Flee Rate (excluding class buffs + Water). The point is to build defense, while stay active at healing you members. Your defense should make you also very hard to kill at least when it comes 1 vrs 2 against you, while your members gang up while you heal. If they have vitals + your heals, you are virtually making your members killing machines.

As for PK, thats nothing. I stay away from PK anyway. Besides if you got 1 on 1 with an opposing faction on a map, you can easily out-heal their dmg due to your natural resists and your defense/rate. They'd easily get bored of you, and move on. Trust me, did this plently of times in Forgotten Ruins

Without Art of Healing, our heal would be less than 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    Without Art of Healing, our heal would be less than 400.
    400HP heals is a FS's Heal skill pretty much. I think now your just exaggerating to much on FA heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysuko View Post
    I think your forgetting something. FA do not heal 800HP only. I suppose that would be its BASE, given if they dont take Art of Healing. 120% of 800 would be around 2100. That is, if the base if 800HP at max level.
    Enso was talking about heal in war, not outside. For some reason Art of Healing's effect in nw doesn't work so it's stuck as the base, which is 760.
    As for 2.1k, Idk how you're doing your math...120% of 800 is 960, not 1360.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterStrudel View Post
    Enso was talking about heal in war, not outside. For some reason Art of Healing's effect in nw doesn't work so it's stuck as the base, which is 760.
    As for 2.1k, Idk how you're doing your math...120% of 800 is 960, not 1360.
    If the Art of Healing is not working, then it is a bug due to the new update. Most likely since Art of Healing is now a different kind of buff, it was accidentally not registered on War. I am guessing this issue will be resolved when they get to it.

As for my number, it was a rough guess. I know that 100% of 800 is 1600. Even if the FA is 760, that is still 1540. Not a huge difference without the extra 20% and is still a rather large number.

@Enso

See above reply.

Did you not even look at the picture? It is very clear that heal in war heals 756 HP, *not* 2100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast