Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Saint's w/o nation

  1. #1

    Saint's w/o nation

    I'm like one of the very few, high level no nation chars. Which means I can't enter the Saint's map. I think, no nation's should be able to choose their side temporary or something to enter. Maybe I'm mistaken but it sure as heck looks like a boss raid to me, so why is it limited to nation characters only... what does that have to do with war? does it serve a purpose in the story line somewhere that I can't be bothered to read?

    It comes down to, I'm losing alz in game because I'm no nation, war I can understand but this straight up seems like an event for all. I think it's discrimination to no nation's since it's based on PVE maps that are for all to use. If it was held in war, that's a different story, couldn't care less. But I get to see you all have fun while I stand at Capella spawn and get refused entry :'( should make it happen... it's pretty rough on no nations yo.

  2. #2
    SIGMetal Enso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,776
    I don't know how much you know about this game's back story, but the whole premise of the game is a huge fight of ideals between two nations, and each character is a soldier in that fight. All high-level content is based on setting the stage for this fight. Starting with Lakeside all the way up through Arcane Trance. If you look in MO, the crests of the two nations are on the walls in one of the boss's rooms (I forget which one).

    Also, why are you complaining about being without a nation when there are nothing but upsides to just picking one? To me, this sounds like if someone insisted on being level 139, but wanted to run MO, so they go on forums asking to change the level requirements.

    Just level up.

    Just get yourself a nation.

    If there is an actual motivation to staying nationless besides just to be different or to avoid nation specific honor titles (both of which are stupid), I am looking forward to seeing it laid out.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I don't know how much you know about this game's back story, but the whole premise of the game is a huge fight of ideals between two nations, and each character is a soldier in that fight. All high-level content is based on setting the stage for this fight. Starting with Lakeside all the way up through Arcane Trance. If you look in MO, the crests of the two nations are on the walls in one of the boss's rooms (I forget which one).

    Also, why are you complaining about being without a nation when there are nothing but upsides to just picking one? To me, this sounds like if someone insisted on being level 139, but wanted to run MO, so they go on forums asking to change the level requirements.

    Just level up.

    Just get yourself a nation.

    If there is an actual motivation to staying nationless besides just to be different or to avoid nation specific honor titles (both of which are stupid), I am looking forward to seeing it laid out.
    fawking amen
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

  4. #4
    Titanium
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    63
    Be nice enso and cathy :P

  5. #5
    lol, I don't think you understand exactly what I'm trying to get across, yeah no shiz get a nation and get over it... >.> I would if I wanted to. To better your example would be MO being restricted to nation characters only (which it's not thank god), your analogy makes 0 sense at all. Level is one thing, nation is another. You have given no supporting evidence on how this PVE 'event' is relevant, and there's no supporting quest about Saint's to describe how a PVP based system interfering with PVE correlates in anyway. There's nothing stupid about choosing no nation, it's a choice just like the other two >.> How would you feel if they made an event for your opposing nation only? Every event monster, like these turtles can be attacked by all... this is the same concept. Saint's would be fine if it's only about bragging rights, but in fact it benefits with alz so that's why I don't understand it at all.

    Also upsides, no nation's get better spawns (which is great for the current event), can attack all three sides in war map (if some hoe is up in your grind spot etc), don't get a war invitation so you can focus yourself if you have no self control like myself, Honour is something even harder earned and more respected. If I wanted a proc hr20 I'd go buy one, I'd like to see someone selling hr20 no nation. I have the potential to be something priceless instead of something 800usd

  6. #6
    SIGMetal Enso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    lol, I don't think you understand exactly what I'm trying to get across, yeah no shiz get a nation and get over it... >.> I would if I wanted to. To better your example would be MO being restricted to nation characters only (which it's not thank god), your analogy makes 0 sense at all. Level is one thing, nation is another. You have given no supporting evidence on how this PVE 'event' is relevant, and there's no supporting quest about Saint's to describe how a PVP based system interfering with PVE correlates in anyway. There's nothing stupid about choosing no nation, it's a choice just like the other two >.> How would you feel if they made an event for your opposing nation only? Every event monster, like these turtles can be attacked by all... this is the same concept. Saint's would be fine if it's only about bragging rights, but in fact it benefits with alz so that's why I don't understand it at all.

    Also upsides, no nation's get better spawns (which is great for the current event), can attack all three sides in war map (if some hoe is up in your grind spot etc), don't get a war invitation so you can focus yourself if you have no self control like myself, Honour is something even harder earned and more respected. If I wanted a proc hr20 I'd go buy one, I'd like to see someone selling hr20 no nation. I have the potential to be something priceless instead of something 800usd
    Yes, I am aware that level and nation are separate (ignoring not having a nation below level 52). I'll try to explain the analogy in simpler terms since you are having trouble understanding.

    Someone makes a decision which limits the content they are allowed to access. Someone decides to stop leveling at level 139. Someone (you) decides to not pick a nation. See it now? You are right, not having a nation is a choice just like picking a nation. I would actually think you had a point if you had not choice in the matter, but the fact is, you do.

    If there were exclusive content for Procyon that interested me, you better believe I'd be switching without a second thought, not QQing on forums about missing it. However, this doesn't exist.

    I don't think event monsters and the Saint's event are analogous. One are field bosses (like Pluma or Rota), and the other is closer related to nation war considering it is... nations fighting to kill the golden whatever.

    The game is not preventing you from attending Saint's. You are preventing yourself. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you could make another character with a nation for Saint's? There are solutions to this issue which don't involve EST changing the entire premise of the event.

    As for why one would want to be nationless, I'll address each benefit you mention in turn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    no nation's get better spawns (which is great for the current event)
    I just looked through the maps, and it looks like the only map which has an appreciably different spawn point is MF. But you seem to think there are more so I'd love to hear more about this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    can attack all three sides in war map (if some hoe is up in your grind spot etc)
    This is neither here nor there. Eleven out of 20 channels are PK (nine out of 18 if you are non-premium), if someone is in your spot and you are on a non-PK channel, switch channels, or get your opposite nation friend to kill them for you. (Also note that there is no penalty for PK in war zones.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    don't get a war invitation so you can focus yourself if you have no self control like myself
    This sounds like it's an issue that goes deeper than making some imaginary money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Honour is something even harder earned and more respected. If I wanted a proc hr20 I'd go buy one, I'd like to see someone selling hr20 no nation. I have the potential to be something priceless instead of something 800usd
    Harder earned, yes. More respected? Probably not.
    Last edited by Enso; 09-14-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Typo

  7. #7
    SIGMetal NiteFalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,655
    fawkin teal LOL

  8. #8
    And yeah that's exactly what I mean "which limits the content they are allowed to access" PVE shouldn't be limited to nations, choosing a nation is all about PVP lol... Yeah I'll just use my alt to do them, obviously it's not going to change. Many wouldn't care... like yourself, because you don't have the drive to be no nation, and I don't think any (beside me), do. My opinions on this would still be the same if I wanted to be a nation, which is why I'm suggesting it. Yeah a tad QQ but it takes a QQ to suggest things half the time.
    Okay... to further in depth the benefits I explained for you.

    SPAWNS
    Actually in PF when you take the first Capella spawn as NN it spawns you in front of quad, making it the fastest nation to search both sides of Penna and Quad... Actually everything if you don't count nation warp @ Pluma.
    In FGR it's the fastest to Cauda, Mongrel and atrice... well once again everything w/o warp.
    LS it's slightly closer to everything.
    MF... best by a longggg way.
    PI same as others.
    Few dungeons you get better warp placements in the dungeon, makes questing faster.

    GRINDING
    Sif I'm going to channel hop? I'LL NEVER SURRENDER MY CHANNEL TO INFIDELS! and call a friend to kill them? what am I a ? even if I did swap channels... guess what nation would be fastest to the grind spot :3

    ALZ LIMITATIONS
    Imaginary money yeah well apparently MCR scrolls be falling in these events I want some o.0 last time I checked my account could do with a few of those.

    HONOUR (We spell it with a U in my country before you have a go at that too)
    hr20 no nation less respect than a proc hr20, need I even reply?


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    And yeah that's exactly what I mean "which limits the content they are allowed to access" PVE shouldn't be limited to nations, choosing a nation is all about PVP lol... Yeah I'll just use my alt to do them, obviously it's not going to change. Many wouldn't care... like yourself, because you don't have the drive to be no nation, and I don't think any (beside me), do. My opinions on this would still be the same if I wanted to be a nation, which is why I'm suggesting it. Yeah a tad QQ but it takes a QQ to suggest things half the time.
    Okay... to further in depth the benefits I explained for you.

    SPAWNS
    Actually in PF when you take the first Capella spawn as NN it spawns you in front of quad, making it the fastest nation to search both sides of Penna and Quad... Actually everything if you don't count nation warp @ Pluma.
    In FGR it's the fastest to Cauda, Mongrel and atrice... well once again everything w/o warp.
    LS it's slightly closer to everything.
    MF... best by a longggg way.
    PI same as others.
    Few dungeons you get better warp placements in the dungeon, makes questing faster. Spending more time in the game doesn't seem like a problem if you want to grind HR20

    GRINDING
    Sif I'm going to channel hop? I'LL NEVER SURRENDER MY CHANNEL TO INFIDELS! and call a friend to kill them? what am I a ? even if I did swap channels... guess what nation would be fastest to the grind spot :3 This doesn't make sense, you are complaining about someone in your grind spot and not doing anything, but then you say you don't need help?

    ALZ LIMITATIONS
    Imaginary money yeah well apparently MCR scrolls be falling in these events I want some o.0 last time I checked my account could do with a few of those.If you are talking about Saint's then there is another reason to pick a side.

    HONOUR (We spell it with a U in my country before you have a go at that too)
    hr20 no nation less respect than a proc hr20, need I even reply? There is a certain point where you start to LOSE "respect" spending too much time on a game.

    Past level 100, the entire story is based upon the war of two nations.
    Fail hipster troll is fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, LORKAN! USE THAT FIRST-BORN SACRIFICIAL BLACK MAGIC OF YOURS AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

  10. #10
    SIGMetal Enso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    And yeah that's exactly what I mean "which limits the content they are allowed to access" PVE shouldn't be limited to nations, choosing a nation is all about PVP lol... Yeah I'll just use my alt to do them, obviously it's not going to change. Many wouldn't care... like yourself, because you don't have the drive to be no nation, and I don't think any (beside me), do. My opinions on this would still be the same if I wanted to be a nation, which is why I'm suggesting it. Yeah a tad QQ but it takes a QQ to suggest things half the time.
    Okay... to further in depth the benefits I explained for you.

    SPAWNS
    Actually in PF when you take the first Capella spawn as NN it spawns you in front of quad, making it the fastest nation to search both sides of Penna and Quad... Actually everything if you don't count nation warp @ Pluma.
    In FGR it's the fastest to Cauda, Mongrel and atrice... well once again everything w/o warp.
    LS it's slightly closer to everything.
    MF... best by a longggg way.
    PI same as others.
    Few dungeons you get better warp placements in the dungeon, makes questing faster.

    GRINDING
    Sif I'm going to channel hop? I'LL NEVER SURRENDER MY CHANNEL TO INFIDELS! and call a friend to kill them? what am I a ? even if I did swap channels... guess what nation would be fastest to the grind spot :3

    ALZ LIMITATIONS
    Imaginary money yeah well apparently MCR scrolls be falling in these events I want some o.0 last time I checked my account could do with a few of those.

    HONOUR (We spell it with a U in my country before you have a go at that too)
    hr20 no nation less respect than a proc hr20, need I even reply?

    If you think Saint's is purely PvE, then you have obviously never been to Saint's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •