Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Second suggestion for new steam players coming to cabal.

I thought about players taking advantage of the mentors for gear. That is why I put a cap on the gear the mentors would be allowed to buy for the new player. Nothing higher than redosmium as it is inexpensive but enough to be able to handle most of the dungeons on their own, and to add to that, make it char bind gear only. Thus preventing them from selling it and it will also stop anyone from trying to make alz of the mentors. Also, the mentor will not be allowed to just hand alz over to the new player.

Now in regards to a reputation system. I did not suggest anything of the sort as with most things that would require the community to keep track and build up do not tend to last very long. The other being is that letting players be a mentor at their discretion allows them to quit at any time without being hassled by a new player to be their mentor. If they wish to keep it doing it. That will be up to them. Basically a system that requires as little effort into maintaining and is maintained by those wanting the help. Some get tired of offering help or their time makes it where they are not able to give their time to someone. But people wanting help will always ask for help.

If we did anything to keep track of people. It would be to make a thread detailing the rules and ONLY the new players wanting a mentor would post their char name asking for a mentor and editing when someone has offered to be their mentor(But leaving the name of the mentor out of the post.). Only requesting a new mentor if their current one is not doing his duties. But thus, would all be detailed in the first post of the thread.

Oh yeah, in regards to the making a new server and not allowing people to transfer to it. It all boils down to EST is a business and you are telling them to stop something that will make them money. I think we can all agree, that with EST track record. That will not happen easily or happen at all.
    Last edited by Athian; 10-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

Quote Originally Posted by Athian View Post
    I thought about players taking advantage of the mentors for gear. That is why I put a cap on the gear the mentors would be allowed to buy for the new player. Nothing higher than redosmium as it is inexpensive but enough to be able to handle most of the dungeons on their own, and to add to that, make it char bind gear only. Thus preventing them from selling it and it will also stop anyone from trying to make alz of the mentors. Also, the mentor will not be allowed to just hand alz over to the new player.

Now in regards to a reputation system. I did not suggest anything of the sort as with most things that would require the community to keep track and build up do not tend to last very long. The other being is that letting players be a mentor at their discretion allows them to quit at any time without being hassled by a new player to be their mentor. If they wish to keep it doing it. That will be up to them. Basically a system that requires as little effort into maintaining and is maintained by those wanting the help. Some get tired of offering help or their time makes it where they are not able to give their time to someone. But people wanting help will always ask for help.

If we did anything to keep track of people. It would be to make a thread detailing the rules and ONLY the new players wanting a mentor would post their char name asking for a mentor and editing when someone has offered to be their mentor(But leaving the name of the mentor out of the post.). Only requesting a new mentor if their current one is not doing his duties. But thus, would all be detailed in the first post of the thread.

Oh yeah, in regards to the making a new server and not allowing people to transfer to it. It all boils down to EST is a business and you are telling them to stop something that will make them money. I think we can all agree, that with EST track record. That will not happen easily or happen at all.

Hello Google Forms. :P Remember all my war stats? I made a form that I simply put in my war stats and it did the rest. I had made one once for sign ups for that Mercury GvG Tournament, but it got canceled from not enough participants. A form would seriously be super simple. 2 Blocks needed: 1 for the Mentor chosen, and 1 for the person going to be mentored. Everything else is simply numerical really. Or in terms of survey, it's a 1-5 ratings for the 4-5 so catagories for the trainee to fill out and voila, the rep points. Sure it'd take a little bit of monitoring to ensure no one cheats it, but that's why you set it private so only those with a link can fill it out. That way the trainees simply PM one of a few ppl that have ownership rights to it for the survey link. (2 forms remember, one for who+who, another for completion) The list of who+who are for reference to the ones asking for the Mentor Program Completion Survey. I love google docs. I use it for lotsa things.

Of course you can just ignore a rep system altogether haha. Would be easier.

As for no-xfer to a new server... Hello? We can't x-fer btwn the current two servers. What service is being removed that wasn't already?

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Hello Google Forms. :P Remember all my war stats? I made a form that I simply put in my war stats and it did the rest. I had made one once for sign ups for that Mercury GvG Tournament, but it got canceled from not enough participants. A form would seriously be super simple. 2 Blocks needed: 1 for the Mentor chosen, and 1 for the person going to be mentored. Everything else is simply numerical really. Or in terms of survey, it's a 1-5 ratings for the 4-5 so catagories for the trainee to fill out and voila, the rep points. Sure it'd take a little bit of monitoring to ensure no one cheats it, but that's why you set it private so only those with a link can fill it out. That way the trainees simply PM one of a few ppl that have ownership rights to it for the survey link. (2 forms remember, one for who+who, another for completion) The list of who+who are for reference to the ones asking for the Mentor Program Completion Survey. I love google docs. I use it for lotsa things.

Of course you can just ignore a rep system altogether haha. Would be easier.

As for no-xfer to a new server... Hello? We can't x-fer btwn the current two servers. What service is being removed that wasn't already?
    Real quick, anonymity. Mentors can pick who to mentor, rather than have a bunch of people constantly messaging them to be their mentor. They can drop out of the program and jump back in at their discretion without having to do any additional work. Basically all the work that will be put into it is mentors doing their duties and messaging who they want to mentor and the new players submitting that they want a mentor and when they are being mentored. Simple and easy. If the GM's decide to sticky the thread. Then even that will help with it needing no maintenance to keep it on the front page.

I did not notice that server transfer is not available. But also, if we did get a new server. Who is to say EST would not bring it back to make a few bucks off it.

its not on steam yet even though its greenlit. its EST so yea...expect to wait another half year

Shadow Titanium
    I like this.

Seireitei for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Athian View Post

Mentor duties:

• Show where the best grinding spots are.
    • Teach how to effectively run a dungeon.
    • Teach how each class plays and help them pick one they will stick with for the long haul.
    • Helping the player buy gear no higher than redosmium and must be char bind.

Mentor is not allowed to:
    • Hand over alz to the player at any time.
    • Request any personal info of the new players account.
    • Mistreat, berate the new player.
    • Not allowed to keep all the drops found within a dungeon. (No less than a 50/50 split must be given to the new player...)

yes good one v.v

Updated a little more information. Gave it a bit more detail into the program.

Similar to a Game Advisor (GA) I only took a glimpse at some of the information. About what a mentr should do and what they shouldn't do. And it just reminds me of the GA"s but they see currupted so. Not entirely like them

Coolios. I likes. I'd mentor if I was actually playing. I can't support buying them gears, but I could farm dungeons with them for it haha. :P I have a POSitive set of gears if you know what I mean (Only spent 750m for it and +7 it all easily) and no money to support buying them anything, but honestly, people put to granted char bind gears. For dungeon drops, it's ok to use and get rid of when you find better. It's not the end of the world when you can't sell something 7% amp.

I'd say that in your mentorship post, state what you're most proficient at as well, or what you would prefer to mentor (for example maybe someone only wants to mentor people how to combo proficiently or how war works). In fact, splitting it up like parts would allow people to essentially "train" more players in a shorter amount of time.

@ Cass, only major difference is that it's 100% user-based and supported. Hardly room for corruption.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

I would rather the mentor take their time to teach the new player as many aspects of the game and in hopes befriend the player and give them a reason to want to stay if they get to know people within the game. Rather than having someone show them 1 small aspect of Cabal and then kick them to the curb. I also want the mentors to be as anonymous as possible so they are not hounded by new players wanting to have a specific person be their mentor. Say 1 person does an outstanding job at it. If he keeps getting acknowledgement, then they will be bombarded with request to be their mentor and possible end up having the person leave because it was more than they could handle.

Edited the gear portion.
    Last edited by Athian; 10-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast