Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second suggestion for new steam players coming to cabal.

Second suggestion for new steam players coming to cabal.

I am not try to knock Corvetterz1 idea in any way (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...munity-MUST-DO).

Just offering an alternative suggestion.

My suggestion is to start a mentor program. Because not everyone is keen on starting from scratch and kicking their character that they have worked on for years, to the curb.

Some key things that the mentor would teach to the new member: REVISED (10/31/13):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is the Mentor Program?

It is the Veteran Cabal community, helping new players learn the ins and outs of Cabal at a faster rate. To grow our community and give them a reason to stick around and catch up to the players that have been here for years. It is ran by the players.

New to the Cabal community and not sure where to begin?

We from the Cabal community offer our help.

How to request for a mentor:

• Must be on Titan server.
    • Post on this thread the following information:

1. Char name:
    2. Char Class: (WA,FS,FB,FA,WI,BL or Undecided)
    3. Status: (Requesting mentor, Being mentored, Completed program)

• Once you have a mentor. You are to edit your post stating that you are being mentored so that other players can help someone else.

Want to be a mentor?

Want to share your knowledge of Cabal?
    Do you have the patience to have a barrage of questions asked and be able to answer them to the best of your knowledge?

Mentor Guidelines:

You are not required to post that you are a mentor. So that the mentor can help 1 person at a time and keep your anonymity, thus allowing you to enter and leave the mentor program at your discretion.
    Once a player has posted that they are requesting a mentor. The mentor will contact the player within the game or by private message.
    Mentors are not obligated to remain a mentor for a certain period of time.
    You may join and leave the mentor program at your discretion.
    By not posting that you are mentoring. You are assuring your privacy and allowing yourself to leave the program at any time.

Mentor duties:

• Show where the best grinding spots are.
    • Teach how to effectively run a dungeon.
    • Teach how each class plays and help them pick one they will stick with for the long haul.
    • Help the player buy gear no higher than redosmium and must be char bind. (Not required to spend your own alz to buy the player gear, but you can if you choose to. At least, advise the player on what gear to buy.)
    • Mentor 1 player at a time. To make sure that you can dedicate yourself to that one person. Only in the event of it being a couple or group of friends, may you elect to take on more than 1 new player to mentor.
    • If you are unable to continue your mentor duties. You are to notify the player so that may go about finding a new mentor as soon as possible.

Mentor is not allowed to:
    • Hand over alz to the player at any time.
    • Request any personal info of the new players account.
    • Mistreat, berate the new player.
    • Not allowed to keep all the drops found within a dungeon. (No less than a 50/50 split must be given to the new player.)

Q and A:

Do I have to come from Steam to be able to request a mentor?
    • No. If you are new to cabal and would like someone to help you. You may ask to have someone mentor you.

If I am not happy with my current mentor. Can I request for a new mentor?
    • Yes. Just inform your current mentor that you two are not seeing eye to eye and possibly suggest how they could improve as a mentor.

My Mentor stole drops and gave me bad information. What can I do?
    • If at any time. A mentor is breaking the guidelines that they are expected to follow. You may post within this thread who the mentor was to prevent other new players from being taken advantage of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So rather than starting the game over. We help the new players play catch up to the rest of us who have been playing cabal since the beginning. This is something that I did when I was a more active player on cabal. I would not just hand them everything, but feed them the basics and let them do the rest.

In conclusion. If you are not fond of starting a new char. This is an alternative. But we can also do both suggestions. Some can make new characters to interact with the new community. While others than pick a player and bring them up.

One key point about the mentor gearing up the new players. It will help trickle down some of the alz from the richer players in the game.

Well, thank you for reading and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Athian; 10-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

+1

Cool suggestion

Have more people ACTUALLY started playing this game?
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Have more people ACTUALLY started playing this game?
    Oooh yes, I started my new account 2days ago. You know, being fake and all......... Gotta keep up appearances lol

Banned
    How about a mentor system. Having this, a mentor can build up "Reputation Points." allowing them to be well known through out the game. It is also a type of incentive system, giving each player a chance to participate, and to help build a better community.

Well toca, that's a nice idea, but athy was literally referring to a player supported system I think. We ourselves would have to create that reputation system ourselves. And I think one tricky part is to figure out how to avoid ppl cheating this any (sadly we would have to worry about it). My only quick thoughts behind it is after a mentor is done training someone, that person would just fill out a quick little survey on how well they felt under their mentor. Again, just quick thoughts. Just being a mentor shouldn't earn the reputation if it's not a good mentorship.

In my opinion, both ideas are very good and one of them should be implemented (I could probably think of a combined way actually and already have thought up half).

The additional idea from some players of having a new server un-exferable to, is an exciting one. Being able to start EVERYTHING from ground zero has a great thrill. The economy naturally builds itself and you don't have to worry about p2w seeing as there's nothing for them to buy in the market with the alz they purchased (legally ofc).

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Banned
    I went on the steam forums and I saw this "The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam."

So is Cabal now downloadable on Steam? Because I haven't noticed any changed as of yet................especially the community..

Quote Originally Posted by toca4eva1 View Post
    I went on the steam forums and I saw this "The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam."

So is Cabal now downloadable on Steam? Because I haven't noticed any changed as of yet................especially the community..
    Read the underlined italic-bold font.

Keyword: Start

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast