Quote Originally Posted by Roguetamer View Post
Wow, it looks like my comment was deleted, thanks GMs.

To pharaphrase what I said: I want to stream, not record and play back whenever I feel like it. In this most streaming software tends to try and hook directly to the cabal.exe for better performance. Since the process does not show up on the Task Manager there is nothing for them to hook onto. I managed to bypass some of my problems by doing a Screen capture, but that then records the window border and anything I may have in the background when I am forced to minimize the game. I do not want this. Window Capture fails as well because, once again, there is no window in the Task Manager for any recording program to hook on. X-fire has the same problem and I found several others that do it as well. I doubt anyone wants to watch some guy stream CABAL, but I am using CABAL as a simple program to test what I can and cannot handle as well as possibly updating some of the crappy videos out there about CABAL.

~Fraps is a Screen recording program
, that is why it doesn't have a problem recording. Free version is crap.
~I do not have the spare money for an add-in card. I am trying to find something free.
This is actually incorrect. It hooks into every process that uses OpenGL or Direct3D (like Cabal) and pretty much requests a copy of all data being sent to that context.

You are right though, the free version is crap. But $35 is not much.

Also I don't think Fraps works for streaming, though honestly I've never tried.

Just because a process doesn't show up in Task Manager does not mean it cannot be accessed. Task Manager is a rather crude process management program and there are APIs to catch every process as it's spawned by the OS. xfire is just stupid.