Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CABAL and x-fire

CABAL and x-fire

I have gone through a few broadcasting programs trying to find something that works with CABAL, but because the .exe no longer shows on the Task Manager none of the programs even know it is running. Due to my high screen resolution I am unable to do a window capture either.
    Question: Has anyone found a way to make x-fire detect CABAL and have it run the x-fire in-game program so that we can record/broadcast?

Well, if xfire can't attach to Cabal then it's doing something wrong since Fraps has no issue.

gamebooster >

MSI Afterburner is also another good source of video capturing capability as well as GFX card OC and/or monitoring.

Unfortunately for you, I've not used x-fire since early 2010 after giving up on it's inability to connect that I'm playing the game on it's list that I linked the program to (no idea how it didn't). Wish I could tell you more, but I only once or twice in 2009 even got xfire to capture video. I never even attempted it to stream. If you want streaming, try using twitch or ocx (I think that is what its called, but it requires a lot more work to setup than twitch).

I highly doubt your screen resolution is affecting it seeing as I use 1920*1080 with no issues.

Long story short, don't bother trying to use xfire to video capture or broadcast. Try another route.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

one of the best recording/streaming alternative to fraps and whatnots is livegamerHD, which is an PCIe card that records 1080p video and automatically encodes them into mp4 format. output quality is obviously not as perfect as fraps, but that's because its already encoded and that means much much smaller filesize (when you upload to youtube, you wont even see a difference tbh). you also wont lag during recording provided you have a good processor.

you can also hook the card with your xbox/ps3/wii and record, which is really neat. it also works with twitch, which will help you stream gameplay live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    one of the best recording/streaming alternative to fraps and whatnots is livegamerHD, which is an PCIe card that records 1080p video and automatically encodes them into mp4 format. output quality is obviously not as perfect as fraps, but that's because its already encoded and that means much much smaller filesize (when you upload to youtube, you wont even see a difference tbh). you also wont lag during recording provided you have a good processor.

you can also hook the card with your xbox/ps3/wii and record, which is really neat. it also works with twitch, which will help you stream gameplay live.
    I have a fairly low-end CPU (Ivy Bridge i3-3220 3.30Ghz), and Fraps works just fine. If anything, not encoding the video and just dumping it onto the disk puts less pressure on the CPU. I doubt any solution will designed to use the CPU over the GPU so I figure as long as you have a discrete GPU you should be fine. Fraps drops me from about 120 FPS to 90 FPS in war, dipping to 30 FPS in large mobs. (Edit: I max out all graphics except for "Effects" which is at two out of three.)

(Just did a little research and Fraps runs on the GPU.)
    Last edited by Enso; 10-29-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post

Using Handbrake you can simply compress the files into the format you want. I took my 1.5TB worth of fraps and turned it into 50 GB with the same high quality. I had a good 1TB simply cabal.

That's pretty neat about the hooking up to console though. That'd be the only thing I'd use it for since I play pretty much only PC now. (need to fraps some bf4 soon :P)

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Using Handbrake you can simply compress the files into the format you want. I took my 1.5TB worth of fraps and turned it into 50 GB with the same high quality. I had a good 1TB simply cabal.

That's pretty neat about the hooking up to console though. That'd be the only thing I'd use it for since I play pretty much only PC now. (need to fraps some bf4 soon :P)
    Ups for Handbrake. Open Source for the win!

Wow, it looks like my comment was deleted, thanks GMs.

To pharaphrase what I said: I want to stream, not record and play back whenever I feel like it. In this most streaming software tends to try and hook directly to the cabal.exe for better performance. Since the process does not show up on the Task Manager there is nothing for them to hook onto. I managed to bypass some of my problems by doing a Screen capture, but that then records the window border and anything I may have in the background when I am forced to minimize the game. I do not want this. Window Capture fails as well because, once again, there is no window in the Task Manager for any recording program to hook on. X-fire has the same problem and I found several others that do it as well. I doubt anyone wants to watch some guy stream CABAL, but I am using CABAL as a simple program to test what I can and cannot handle as well as possibly updating some of the crappy videos out there about CABAL.

~Fraps is a Screen recording program, that is why it doesn't have a problem recording. Free version is crap.
    ~I do not have the spare money for an add-in card. I am trying to find something free.

Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    I have a fairly low-end CPU (Ivy Bridge i3-3220 3.30Ghz), and Fraps works just fine. If anything, not encoding the video and just dumping it onto the disk puts less pressure on the CPU. I doubt any solution will designed to use the CPU over the GPU so I figure as long as you have a discrete GPU you should be fine. Fraps drops me from about 120 FPS to 90 FPS in war, dipping to 30 FPS in large mobs. (Edit: I max out all graphics except for "Effects" which is at two out of three.)

(Just did a little research and Fraps runs on the GPU.)
    livegamer hd actually has its own built in module that doesnt require lots of processing juice from neither cpu/gpu. even if you put it on a intel 2 dual core 2.4ghz, you will be able to record 1080p without any performance loss. you can also record 60+ min of footage under 60gb, which is just convinient

just pointing out a nice alternative it also comes with a large usb button that you can just smack to start recording.
    Last edited by Tonberry; 11-01-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast