Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account blocked?

Account blocked?

So I haven't been on cabal in a year or more and I downloaded the client last night. changed my password like it wanted me to. Then I go to sign in and it says my account has been blocked? Is this a common occurrence for people who haven't played in a long time? Because I never did anything to get blocked from anything. Especially since I haven't even signed in to the game in god knows how long.

Yes you need to reactivate your account
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

How do I reactivate my account?

I logged in to the main website, changed my password and all that then I looked for anything that would send me an email for the reactivation but there is nothing to be found anywhere. I constantly check my email but I got nothing at all regarding cabal.

From the main website cabal.com it will send a email to the registered email addy click the link and you good to go
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

So after submitting a ticket the GM responds with this.

"After an extensive and thorough investigation, we were able to verify that your account has been linked to an unauthorized access of another player’s account.

To secure and protect the integrity of our games, we have decided to take an action against your account by blocking your account permanently.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

That makes me both angry and disappointed knowing that I never did anything wrong at all, yet such action was taken against my account when I haven't even logged in in over a year. Just goes to show what kind of world we live in.

Shadow Titanium
    EST isn't known to ban without reason. They're not OGP.

Seireitei for the win!

Yeah it sure seems that way to me right now. Considering the fact that I am a master at arms in the United States Navy and I was deployed to Bahrain for almost two years. So somehow magically from the other side of the planet I was able to log into my home computer and use my home IP to do this malicious activity. That makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxiled View Post
    So after submitting a ticket the GM responds with this.

"After an extensive and thorough investigation, we were able to verify that your account has been linked to an unauthorized access of another player’s account.

To secure and protect the integrity of our games, we have decided to take an action against your account by blocking your account permanently.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

That makes me both angry and disappointed knowing that I never did anything wrong at all, yet such action was taken against my account when I haven't even logged in in over a year. Just goes to show what kind of world we live in.
    Sounds like the account was either played by a friend who did bad things
    Or the account was hacked and used for bad things
    Either way sounds like you sir are screwed
    Just think of it this way either way there is prob nothing left on the account anyways ......
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

Welcome to my world. I didn't play for a long arse time myself, logged in one day, was online for 10 minutes when I got kicked. Tried to login again and got the account blocked message. A GM responded to my petition with "You hack. You hack so game ban you. We no ban you, game ban you. You bad. You no play. Hahahaha.". After arguing with them for weeks I gave up. Apparently running any program that latches onto the game client is considered hacking/cheating by EST. At the time I was working with OBS (Open Broadcasting Software), x-fire, and ACT. ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) is a damage meter designed for generic use between games. It is mainly used for Everquest2, but I was trying to get it to link to Cabal as a test to see what other games it would work with. I was changing settings in ACT while on-line for that 10 minutes and something triggered their anti-hack system. According to their GM "The anti-hack system is perfect and is never wrong." which is a load of horse **** .
    Long story short, EST can and DOES ban you from your own accounts with no cause and refuses to check into any bans by their system. They just assume they are right all the time and tell you to go **** yourself.
    Only reason I came back and played for 2 weeks was to see how the game has changed over the years.
    Last edited by Roguetamer; 11-13-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast