Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new server?

Hybrid View

new server?

i do realize that this subject has been suggested before, and has been met with very harsh criticism from people who do not wish to start over. But with the upcoming steam plug, I think a new server should be added. Day 1 fresh starts for everyone who wants it, no gear from other chars, no alz, no transfers, no nothing. Its the only way a day 1 newb can possibly stand toe to toe with a veteran. Its not just difficult to catch up, its impossible with all the event gear in circulation.

The game is nothing BUT veterans anymore, theres no low level grinding, dungeoning, partying like their used to be. Theres no other REAL players at low levels, no multiplayer incentive. And the only way to fix that issue is to wipe the slate clean. Nobody is going to play long enough to catch up gear or level wise if theres no fun in the middle.
    Last edited by Nuttzeh; 12-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    So, just because you have to start over, everyone has to start over. Why not just play a new game?

Seireitei for the win!

who said everyone? you guys can still have your server, nobody would force you to switch, Cabal had 2 servers before.

But the majority of newer players wont stick if they start off years behind everyone else.

Shadow Titanium
    Now you're not making sense...

Seireitei for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
    Now you're not making sense...
    Actually he's making perfect sense, you're just too incompetent to realize what he's saying.

You do know that maybe .5% of Cabal is new players who play for about a week and realize that we've made the game near impossible for them to play at a fun level without them having to grind 1000+ dungeons to get caught up to everybody else, right? If you don't, you're blind to the real problem which is us making the game veteran-based instead of revolving around allowing new players to join and stay. Because you know, games revolve around new players every day, not the veterans.

ill paint you a picture, when i shouldnt really have to. Where we had mercury and venus before, and now we have just 1, titan. Just add a new server. Characters created on this server could not interact with ones on titan and vise versa. Same as mercury and venus before (before server transfers).

that way new players are playing with new characters, instead of 180+ people.

Shadow Titanium
    And server will die because there's no economy, and bots will run free because no one will spot them for the GMs.

Seireitei for the win!

And server will die because there's no economy, and bots will run free because no one will spot them for the GMs.
    "there's no economy". You do know when Cabal was released everyone started from level 1 with nothing. An economy can't just be flourishing in one day; it takes time. Do you think Germany's or China's economy was made that excellent instantaneously? You should have your privilege to play games taken away, not him.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayonsnacha View Post
    Actually he's making perfect sense, you're just too incompetent to realize what he's saying.

You do know that maybe .5% of Cabal is new players who play for about a week and realize that we've made the game near impossible for them to play at a fun level without them having to grind 1000+ dungeons to get caught up to everybody else, right? If you don't, you're blind to the real problem which is us making the game veteran-based instead of revolving around allowing new players to join and stay. Because you know, games revolve around new players every day, not the veterans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayonsnacha View Post
    "there's no economy". You do know when Cabal was released everyone started from level 1 with nothing. An economy can't just be flourishing in one day; it takes time. Do you think Germany's or China's economy was made that excellent instantaneously? You should have your privilege to play games taken away, not him.
    Why are you defending his bullsh't logic? He's BANNED for cheating in game. Any valid excuse he has to get everyone start at 0 because he has to is not seen as anything more than a QQ from him. I don't give a damn about his problem starting over, I worked hard to get my gear, he should do the same instead of using a program to get ahead of everyone. He was caught, not he starts over.
    Last edited by Jessifer; 12-13-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Seireitei for the win!

Why are you defending his bullsh't logic? He's BANNED for cheating in game. Any valid excuse he has to get everyone start at 0 because he has to is not seen as anything more than a QQ from him. I don't give a damn about his problem starting over, I worked hard to get my gear, he should do the same instead of using a program to get ahead of everyone. He was caught, not he starts over.
    He was giving a suggestion that EST should ADD a new server for newer players, not wipe the servers completely and have everyone start from scratch. As for your "working hard" to get your gear, "wip(ing) out the GoCash cards in stores" is not "hard work." You're telling a bunch of people to st.fu when honestly, it's YOU who should st.fu. So please do us all a favor and stop posting if you have nothing else to do than flame and give others harsh criticism.
    Last edited by ToasterStrudel; 12-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast