Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming to a theaters near you..the end of the WA struggle

At least WA's currently have the highest attack potential gaining 1 atk per 1 str up to 1000 str. BL being second highest at 0.8 per str. So this change will greatly increase their performance in war roles.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTank View Post
    also alittle off topic, the only area that seems to update on VRS is the stats screen (highest attack, cdi, amp, etc) , not overall rating or class specific ratings.
    I tried to send the owner an email. I got a return email saying his email didn't exist anymore. It also doesn't let me update stats like yours does. Soo.....it looks like best bet is to create a new version of it. I've fiddled on it some to add the new stats and make it more realistic in terms of what stats affect which to earn more points and not have too ridiculously high numbers. Makes it more complicated to calculate though. I had one that the lower the number, the better your stats, with unrealistic stats being a score of like 1.0. Though I think I deleted it. I was also trying to figure out a way to make it different per class for calcs on some things, since some classes do better with different builds. Having 1 of each class with all the exact same stats, is not equal due to skills casting times and dmg from them. So Rate for an FS or FB is worth less than all the others since it's far easier for them to get it. Not dramatically, but enough to be un-equal. But this can be for a different topic discussion.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

the new damage formula doesnt favor high raw attack as much as the old damage formula does, so warriors have huge attack isnt as great as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    the new damage formula doesnt favor high raw attack as much as the old damage formula does, so warriors have huge attack isnt as great as people think.
    Not necessarily. The dmg is basically the same as old with the major differences being that which amp has more effect but damage reduction pretty much negates that addition.

Sidenote: I came up with a pretty simple formula for a new vrd kinda stat number score.

My FB Guide

amp is not more effective than the old formula, if you actually managed to get an amp scroll you would know.

if you're talking about dmg reduction, you also have to talk about penetration, where wa has the least amount of penetration out of all the classes and thus, having a huge attack becomes more or less pretty number because penetration>>>attack.

amp is not more effective than the old formula, if you actually managed to get an amp scroll you would know.

if you're talking about dmg reduction, you also have to talk about penetration, where wa has the least amount of penetration out of all the classes and thus, having a huge attack becomes more or less pretty number because penetration>>>attack.
    I want to say on GM Viral's post with all those stats, that he meant that penetration pierces damage reduction, not evasion, and that accuracy pierces evasion. This would make more sense with the numbers too.

My FB Guide

and that would be wrong because we don't really know exactly how some of the new stats work

Reading that makes it sound like penetration builds up. Probably similar to debuffs (duration 5 or 8 seconds) only when an attack actually hits. Which is within that time limit everytime normally. It'd be nice to figure out the limit of it's dmg up amount. Maybe I'll record killing a boss and watch the dmg as I hit it in bm3 and no synergies to see what kinda increase it is.

Edit: Ok, so I was watching while killing a karion, and my dmg peaked out after 3 consecutive hits and lowered immediately following a miss. So we can assume from that that when you miss, it resets the penetration, rather than it being timed and caps after 3. The dmg increase was about 200 or so, but you have to add in the -36 def from my A/B skills as well, which I have no idea if they're like normal debuffs for FB and over duration or if they're like penetration and reset on misses.

It would appear to be the same concept as Dmg reduction, which is the actual dmg decreased. Penetration is likely the additional dmg increased. It's kidna hard to tell since my two bm3 skills are a 1 and 2 hit so seeing obvious numbers in a row is tricksy.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 01-11-2014 at 12:06 PM.

My FB Guide

no one know how any of the stat really works besides the obvious "bigger is better".

we don't even know how defense works, because if you ever solo a world boss, you will see that their damage per each hit varies from 200 to 900.

but what we do know is penetration is OP. if you go to some of the EU videos, all of their solo videos have penetration potions on.

even with this bm3 update for warrior, it only eliminates one out of many obvious shortfall. wa bm3 is still gimped by the fact it that not only does the class have the least amount of innate penetration, but it also has the lowest accuracy stat in conjunction with lowest attack rate. it is pretty common for a warrior to miss 3x attacks in a row when not in a combo.

no one know how any of the stat really works besides the obvious "bigger is better".

we don't even know how defense works, because if you ever solo a world boss, you will see that their damage per each hit varies from 200 to 900.

but what we do know is penetration is OP. if you go to some of the EU videos, all of their solo videos have penetration potions on.

even with this bm3 update for warrior, it only eliminates one out of many obvious shortfall. wa bm3 is still gimped by the fact it that not only does the class have the least amount of innate penetration, but it also has the lowest accuracy stat in conjunction with lowest attack rate. it is pretty common for a warrior to miss 3x attacks in a row when not in a combo.

^^^ this. bottom line is you can guess all day what these stats really do but we do not know, and furthermore it does different stuff for each class (accuracy and pen). EST has purposefully made Cabal's damage formula obscure.

I would assume the differentiating dmg is a result of the bosses having different skills, but that could just be me imagining them doing different motions.

My FB Guide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast